KD req. trade. Bulls need to go ALL IN

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So who is going to be on this team you think is going to the finals with K.D………when you trade away “Levine, Derozan and a package”? Can’t wait to read you comment
KD almost beat the Champion Bucks by himself 2 seasons ago. Irving was out, Harden was gimping around, and all of the starters of the nets were averaging damn near 48 min per game in the playoffs. Bulls have 2 former all star centers (one slightly under and one slightly over 30 years old). If they can get healthy, they still have 2 great defensive guards in Ball and Caruso.

Who would you rather have: KD plus ANYONE at SG or LaVine+DeMar? You'd have to be insane to think the latter is more likely to get you a championship. No matter what you think of KD personally, he's a top 15 player in NBA history

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
KD almost beat the Champion Bucks by himself 2 seasons ago. Irving was out, Harden was gimping around, and all of the starters of the nets were averaging damn near 48 min per game in the playoffs. Bulls have 2 former all star centers (one slightly under and one slightly over 30 years old). If they can get healthy, they still have 2 great defensive guards in Ball and Caruso.

Who would you rather have: KD plus ANYONE at SG or LaVine+DeMar? You'd have to be insane to think the latter is more likely to get you a championship. No matter what you think of KD personally, he's a top 15 player in NBA history
Almost? Up 2-0……they then went 1-4.. the problem is you aren’t winning a championship with Durant if you have to give away the rest of the team. Durant isn’t getting younger. I’d rather see this team move forward and help the core they have now. Being a top 15 player in NBA history doesn’t guarantee the team anything. I’d still like to see your roster projection after they trade away everything to get Durant. Please

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That really doesn’t answer my question. I’ve worked in construction all my life so what happened to Simmons didn’t seem like much to me. My wife says shit worse than Doc Rivers said. He does seem to get worse in the playoffs…when he actually plays. Ben Simmons, to me isn’t the answer.
Your question was "Ben Simmons?" And I responded.

I don't think Lonzo has ever been to the playoffs.

The players have an absurd amount of leverage in terms of being deciding/dictating where they want to play. Ben Simmons isnt alone. See KD, AD, Harden, Kyrie, etc. Maybe he's sensitive but a lot of these young guys are. Doesn't change what I originally said, which is Ben is a flat out better overall player than Lonzo

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Almost? Up 2-0……they then went 1-4.. the problem is you aren’t winning a championship with Durant if you have to give away the rest of the team. Durant isn’t getting younger. I’d rather see this team move forward and help the core they have now. Being a top 15 player in NBA history doesn’t guarantee the team anything. I’d still like to see your roster projection after they trade away everything to get Durant. Please
And you flip it and the perspective is the Bucks went 0-2 to start the series and put the Nets in the position to win it. And then each game was pretty close from what I recall. If that's not "almost beating" the eventual champs then I don't know what is. I mean, damn ? there was less than an inch between a 2 that tied it to send it to OT and a 3 that eliminates the Bucks. Sheesh. KD went absolutely bazeerk in that series.

And let's not forget he is way way way better than DeRozan and way way better than LaVine.

KD and Coby White >>>> DeMar and LaVine and gets you way closer to a championship. If you don't believe that, you just don't know basketball, period.

Yes I said Coby fricken White

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Your question was "Ben Simmons?" And I responded.

I don't think Lonzo has ever been to the playoffs.

The players have an absurd amount of leverage in terms of being deciding/dictating where they want to play. Ben Simmons isnt alone. See KD, AD, Harden, Kyrie, etc. Maybe he's sensitive but a lot of these young guys are. Doesn't change what I originally said, which is Ben is a flat out better overall player than Lonzo
Ben Simmons would have be acquired and that probably would gut the team as well. With all these players you want to get how many wins do you think they are going to add to the team? They were 4 games above last year.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
And you flip it and the perspective is the Bucks went 0-2 to start the series and put the Nets in the position to win it. And then each game was pretty close from what I recall. If that's not "almost beating" the eventual champs then I don't know what is. I mean, damn ? there was less than an inch between a 2 that tied it to send it to OT and a 3 that eliminates the Bucks. Sheesh. KD went absolutely bazeerk in that series.

And let's not forget he is way way way better than DeRozan and way way better than LaVine.

KD and Coby White >>>> DeMar and LaVine and gets you way closer to a championship. If you don't believe that, you just don't know basketball, period.

Yes I said Coby fricken White
Yeah, I want my team to be able to claim almost beating the champs as a rallying cry. Like I said shoot me your roster projection with K.D after giving away everything and future draft picks.I’m very curious as to who you think will have as a starting lineup and bench.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ben Simmons would have be acquired and that probably would gut the team as well. With all these players you want to get how many wins do you think they are going to add to the team? They were 4 games above last year.
I never suggested the bulls go after Simmons. I brought up his name in the context that the nets still have him and hypothetically would have ZL and DD. That was in response to someone talking about Brooklyn being the 8th seed. My point was that the bulls were a 6th (?) seed and the nets likely have the better team than the bulls did last year because of the fact that Ben Simmons is likely to play and is better than Lonzo Ball.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I never suggested the bulls go after Simmons. I brought up his name in the context that the nets still have him and hypothetically would have ZL and DD. That was in response to someone talking about Brooklyn being the 8th seed. My point was that the bulls were a 6th (?) seed and the nets likely have the better team than the bulls did last year because of the fact that Ben Simmons is likely to play and is better than Lonzo Ball.
Ok. I’d like to see what you think the Bulls starting lineup and bench would be if they got K.D. Please keep in mind the rules in the NBA regarding trading of players.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I want my team to be able to claim almost beating the champs as a rallying cry. Like I said shoot me your roster projection with K.D after giving away everything and future draft picks.I’m very curious as to who you think will have as a starting lineup and bench.
The Bulls had Jordan for the better part of 14 years. When did they rely on high draft picks to stay competitive in terms of the title contention picture (6 in 8 years)?

Would I project them to be better than the GSW or Milwaukee in 2022-23 with a roster ft.: Durant, Vucevic, Drummond, Ball, Caruso, Jones? No. Not impossible, but no.

However, would I project them to be better than a team ft.: DeRozan, LaVine, Vucevic, Drummond, Ball, Caruso, Jones? Absolutely.

Plus, you should not be short-sighted. Having Durant on your roster on a 4-year deal gives you the opportunity as a franchise to have multiple chances at (a) championship(s).

When you have arguably the best current player in the NBA on your roster, it also draws in All-Star guys who possibly would sign for the MLE.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok. I’d like to see what you think the Bulls starting lineup and bench would be if they got K.D. Please keep in mind the rules in the NBA regarding trading of players.
Not sure what you're specifically referring to.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The Bulls had Jordan for the better part of 14 years. When did they rely on high draft picks to stay competitive in terms of the title contention picture (6 in 8 years)?

Would I project them to be better than the GSW or Milwaukee in 2022-23 with a roster ft.: Durant, Vucevic, Drummond, Ball, Caruso, Jones? No. Not impossible, but no.

However, would I project them to be better than a team ft.: DeRozan, LaVine, Vucevic, Drummond, Ball, Caruso, Jones? Absolutely.

Plus, you should not be short-sighted. Having Durant on your roster on a 4-year deal gives you the opportunity as a franchise to have multiple chances at (a) championship(s).

When you have arguably the best current player in the NBA on your roster, it also draws in All-Star guys who possibly would sign for the MLE.

Not sure what you're specifically referring to.
Don’t care about the Jordan years, KD will never match those. All I want is a specific starting lineup and bench players you can put on this team if you were GM and worked out a trade for Durant. I’m intrigued

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don’t care about the Jordan years, KD will never match those. All I want is a specific starting lineup and bench players you can put on this team if you were GM and worked out a trade for Durant. I’m intrigued
I actually already did earlier in the thread, but I'll humor you. I see you're worked up.

If the option were available, trade LaVine, DeRozan, Williams, and possibly multiple firsts for Durant (worst case scenario for the Bulls).

Leaves you with [updated after Drummond/Jones (re)signings]:

5- Vucevic. Drummond.
4- Jones. Green.
3- Durant.
2- Caruso. Dosunmu. White.
1- Ball. Terry.

Bam. Better than last year. Got rid of a top 5-10 SG and a top 5-10 SF for a top 1-3 PLAYER in the NBA.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I actually already did earlier in the thread, but I'll humor you. I see you're worked up.

If the option were available, trade LaVine, DeRozan, Williams, and possibly multiple firsts for Durant (worst case scenario for the Bulls).

5- Vucevic. Drummond.
4- Jones. Green.
3- Durant.
1- Ball. Terry.

Bam. Better than last year. Got rid of a top 5-10 SG and a top 5-10 SF for a top 1-3 PLAYER in the NBA.
Are you sure this can be attainable? I know the NBA rules are different when trading players but the specifics are lost on me. Not really worked up but I am not confident that adding Durant alone will guarantee anything but the same record as we had this year, maybe a couple games better. The rookie is intriguing as well. You then think the Nets would take Levine and Derozan to go along with Irving or are they getting rid of him as well.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

5- Vucevic. Drummond.
4- Jones. Green.
3- Durant.
1- Ball. Terry.

That team ain’t doing shit, fam. And that’s even assuming Durant and Ball could muster 60+ games each, which is doubtful. To be honest I could see that team missing the playoffs with bound to happen injuries

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That team ain’t doing shit, fam. And that’s even assuming Durant and Ball could muster 60+ games each, which is doubtful. To be honest I could see that team missing the playoffs with bound to happen injuries
And what do you expect the Bulls to do without a top 20 player in the NBA on their roster next season? Only way that hypothetical roster misses the playoffs would be if Durant is injured.

You do realize that the Lakers missed the playoffs twice since LeBron James joined them, don't you? And got bounced in RD1 one more time. That was due to injuries to LeBron (true even before AD got there). They also have a title since he joined them. Because, guess what, another all-star wanted to join forces with one of the greatest players of all-time. Why wouldn't someone like Bradley Beal/Brandon Ingram or even a guy on a Terry Rozier/Caris LeVert level eventually force their way to Chicago to compete for a championship with KD?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
By the way Zach LaVine tends to miss a lot of games, since you pulled that card

Enasic

Liked Posts:
And what do you expect the Bulls to do without a top 20 player in the NBA on their roster next season? Only way that hypothetical roster misses the playoffs would be if Durant is injured.

You do realize that the Lakers missed the playoffs twice since LeBron James joined them, don't you? And got bounced in RD1 one more time. That was due to injuries to LeBron (true even before AD got there). They also have a title since he joined them. Because, guess what, another all-star wanted to join forces with one of the greatest players of all-time. Why wouldn't someone like Bradley Beal/Brandon Ingram or even a guy on a Terry Rozier/Caris LeVert level eventually force their way to Chicago to compete for a championship with KD?
My point is…that hypothetical team is not very good. And they had to give up a bunch of assets to be not very good.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
By the way Zach LaVine tends to miss a lot of games, since you pulled that card
Yes he does. Not sure your point thought. Durant has played 35 and 55 games since his Achilles injury. Pretty sure Zach has played more than that over the past few seasons. Either way, that roster you proposed is mediocre at best

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

They may not miss the playoffs but they certainly won’t be a shoe in to reach the conference finals let alone win a championship. KD hasn’t shown the ability to win without a few other great players around him. With Golden State look at the team he was surrounded by. Look at the teams in OKC and Brooklyn. Kevin is a great player but he isn’t the answer to the Bulls finally getting back to winning a championship. He could be a piece of the puzzle I agree but he alone isn’t the answer.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you sure this can be attainable? I know the NBA rules are different when trading players but the specifics are lost on me. Not really worked up but I am not confident that adding Durant alone will guarantee anything but the same record as we had this year, maybe a couple games better. The rookie is intriguing as well. You then think the Nets would take Levine and Derozan to go along with Irving or are they getting rid of him as well.
When you have a great player on the caliber of a KD on your roster, the potential ceiling for your team gets higher. There's never a guarantee when it comes to winning in the NBA. And while the duo of DeRozan and LaVine is quite good and entertaining (and enjoyable on a lovable underdog story kind of level), I would personally enjoy watching Durant scorch the court on a nightly basis for Chicago. I'm fairly certain the specific trade I mentioned is possible, but the issue is there are a lot of teams out there that can offer great packages to Brooklyn. Toronto is one of them with Scottie Barnes and an array of multiple firsts. Or LAC with Paul George.