Kentucky Edge-Rusher Bud Dupree Has Rare Talent, but Raw Skills

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
For some reason I think of players who rely on explosiveness as more injury prone. Idk.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Ouch credibility gone since Gregory played at Nebraska

I always mix those two up....constantly.

If a typo wipes ""credibility" to you....then you're a hopeless tard anyway.

Welcome to the interwebs.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I am pretty sure people are on here spouting nonsense about Gregory playing at or near 260lbs at Wisco all the time, so no.

Hyberpole often or...? By people you mean one person and by all the time you mean one maybe two threads yes? Keep your nonsense outta here. And for fuck sake get the team right for once.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Hyberpole often or...? By people you mean one person and by often you mean one maybe two threads yes? Keep your nonsense outta here. And for fuck sake get the team right for once.

No, I mean a lot of people spouting the garbage that he played near 260lbs and then got sick before the combine and lost a bunch of weight.....all of which is nonsense that his agent/he cooked up in obvious fashion.

So nah again.

I'll proofread my posts more carefully when I am unemployed and not doing other things outside posting on this message board ala a lot of the regulars here.. lol.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
No, I mean a lot of people spouting the garbage that he played near 260lbs and then got sick before the combine and lost a bunch of weight.....all of which is nonsense that his agent/he cooked up in obvious fashion.

So nahagain.
Continue on your Hyberpole crusade then because there were NEVER a lot of people saying he played near 260. What's it like to live in fantasy land? The was a grand total of One poster who said he read or heard that somewhere. One does not equal A lot. Not where I come from anyways.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

So nah again.

I'll proofread my posts more carefully when I am unemployed and not doing other things outside posting on this message board ala a lot of the regulars here.. lol.

so in order to gain employment, we can surpass attention to detail???? man, I should have stayed away from college and went the Peter Griffin route

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the share. Great read. What I find odd is those who claim a lack of production for Dupree. Dupree and Fowler played similar roles in that they were asked to do multiple things but Dupree was asked to drop into coverage even more than Fowler.

In 3 years Fowler produced 14.5 sacks while Bud produced 23.5 in four. Both players produced 2.5 sacks their FR year. In their SO years Fowler produced 3.5 sacks and Bud produced 6.5. In their JR years Fowler produced 8.5 sacks and Bud produced 7. Bud produced 7.5 sacks in his SR season and Fowler declared early.

Considering the amount of time Dupree spent in coverage those numbers are more than enough and when looking at him as an NFL prospect you are making projections. Judging by his size and elite athleticism and strong tape I think Dupree projects very well.

This post was in no way meant to discredit Fowler as I think he is the most complete OLB day 1, but to show the difference of perception VS reality.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Thanks for the share. Great read. What I find odd is those who claim a lack of production for Dupree. Dupree and Fowler played similar roles in that they were asked to do multiple things but Dupree was asked to drop into coverage even more than Fowler.

In 3 years Fowler produced 14.5 sacks while Bud produced 23.5 in four. Both players produced 2.5 sacks their FR year. In their SO years Fowler produced 3.5 sacks and Bud produced 6.5. In their JR years Fowler produced 8.5 sacks and Bud produced 7. Bud produced 7.5 sacks in his SR season and Fowler declared early.

Considering the amount of time Dupree spent in coverage those numbers are more than enough and when looking at him as an NFL prospect you are making projections. Judging by his size and elite athleticism and strong tape I think Dupree projects very well.

This post was in no way meant to discredit Fowler as I think he is the most complete OLB day 1, but to show the difference of perception VS reality.

ahhh one of my fav posters on here, I agree duprees production should be looked at as impressive. especially considering he did it on a bad Kentucky team where he was the focus point of every opposing offense he faced and yet still produced

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
One of the reasons I give Fowler some benefit of the doubt is he is an extraordinarily young Jr coming out...remember he was a teenager till a month before last season and still can't get a beer at a bar.

But yeah, the board overall is underrating Dupree's career at UK....

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I always mix those two up....constantly.

If a typo wipes ""credibility" to you....then you're a hopeless tard anyway.

Welcome to the interwebs.

Your credibility was shot way before you mixed up Wisconsin and Nebraska. Which... Come on... You're trying to pass that off as a typo?

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Your credibility was shot way before you mixed up Wisconsin and Nebraska. Which... Come on... You're trying to pass that off as a typo?

Lol, am I actually supposed to respond to nonsense like this...

Yes, I typed Wisco instead of Nebbie.

Congrats, you got your typo.

G-d, when the slow people discovered the internet, all was lost.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Lol, am I actually supposed to respond to nonsense like this...

Yes, I typed Wisco instead of Nebbie.

Congrats, you got your typo.

G-d, when the slow people discovered the internet, all was lost.

God, when people started believing that TOS wasn't a newb-level shit-talker... Well that never happened.

So to answer your question: No. You're not supposed to respond. You're supposed to STFU until you have a clue about what you're writing about.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
God, when people started believing that TOS wasn't a newb-level shit-talker... Well that never happened.

So to answer your question: No. You're not supposed to respond. You're supposed to STFU until you have a clue about what you're writing about.

You are literally on a NFL fan message board trolling someone because they mistakingly typed the wrong college football program name ......

This is your life...wow......wow....

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
You are literally on a NFL fan message board trolling someone because they mistakingly typed the wrong college football program name ......

This is your life...wow......wow....

You label it trolling. I label it calling out a dumb ass.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the read Cagbro.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
What I like about Dupree is that he was able to produce on a sucky defense. I'm hopeful that if the Bears draft him he will be able to produce on our sucky defense.

+1, a sucky DEF in an amazing conference. Teams could literally hone in on him and stop UK from doing anything defensively. Now if played for Bama, we could have a whole different argument.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
it's amazing how fickle I am. each week i'm stoked about a different player that I want the Bears to get at 7. This article has me stoked if we can somehow land Dupree in the draft....a few weeks from now it will be Ray after his Pro Day

Liked Posts:
GREAT article. Fascinating read.

Dupree might appear to be too rich a selection at #7 overall, but if you have concerns about Beasley's size, you settle on Dupree.

Like the article says, the perception is its a reach, but if he can achieve Wake or Orakpo-like production, you turn in the card and don't think twice.

Fuck Kiper and McShay's draft board - trust your eyes.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
GREAT article. Fascinating read.

Dupree might appear to be too rich a selection at #7 overall, but if you have concerns about Beasley's size, you settle on Dupree.

Like the article says, the perception is its a reach, but if he can achieve Wake or Orakpo-like production, you turn in the card and don't think twice.

Fuck Kiper and McShay's draft board - trust your eyes.

This is why I don't want anything to do with Dupree in the top 10. I don't get why everyone is so OMG on Dupree.

The one thing that article doesn't point out, is who didn't make it in the NFL with those measurables. It's pretty easy to bring up a half dozen WRs who ran under a 4.4 with a below 6.8 3cone that have had success in the NFL, but it really doesn't tell the whole story. The article is very misleading. It does not show all of the cases of study. It highlights a few that make the case for one player.

To compare, Benardrick McKinney had a vertical of 40.5" and a broad jump of 10'1". This should translate to explosion and power, but when I watch McKinney, pla da gam o' football, he's soft, has no power and is often moved around at will by Olinemen. This was confirmed by his 16 reps on the bench press. The guy is 6'4" but has 33" arms. Those are very short arms for how tall he is. And he only did 16 reps. He has no upper body strength and it shows on tape.

Dupree does not show explosion of the ball but his vertical and broad jump suggest he should. Tape doesn't lie!

Also, the others mentioned in the article were damn good at one position in college. None of them had the type of learning curve Dupree will. This comparison is very much apples and oranges. If you want to hype the guy, show me tape, plays or technique that translate to the NFL. Until then, Dupree is nothing more than a combine warrior with a 2nd round grade.