1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
tell Kev Dawg that I said hi

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Arlington Heights should tell the Bears to get fucked. No one is buying that land from the Bears. The Bears aren't going to build by the lake.

This is entirely a charade to try and lower their property tax bill.

A bill the Bears can't afford because they're cash poor.

They're eventually going to have to sell.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Arlington Heights should tell the Bears to get fucked. No one is buying that land from the Bears. The Bears aren't going to build by the lake.

Whuu

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Fatty has answers for everything.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

link?

Or are you blowing hard?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

Bears could always sell the land to waste management, could put a beautiful garbage hill there for the city of AH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
link?

Or are you blowing hard?
Unable to use logic I see.

The Bears bought the land and when you have a bill of sale your property tax is based off of that. So the city of Arlington Heights came calling for their money based on the sale of the land.

The Bears said no we're not paying that.

Arlington Heights took them to court and the court determined that yes you do have to pay.

The Bears then started this entire charade of building by the lake instead to try and force Arlington Heights to capitulate.

They still own the land at Arlington Heights it's not up for sale.

They still $600-million on the Soldier Field renovation from nearly 20 years ago.

They're not business people they're football people. They didn't build up another business and then buy the Bears, their revenue and life is the Bears.

They don't own Soldier Field so they have to pay a lease on it.

They have always operated the Bears on the cheap. First is was a refusal to pay their players. Then it was a operating subpar NFL facilities at Halas Hall which John Fox made them upgrade.

They don't pay for legitimate coaching talent that's on the market always choosing to hire cheap.

The Bears are and always have been one of the worst franchises in all of professional sports because they don't have any of their own outside money to invest. They've always relied on investment partners to help them with their lack of cash on hand.

Do you not read any real news sources or just the fan blogs?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That land has a lot of value and could easily be sold. It has a remarkably viable location for a stadium and could alternately be turned into homes, businesses or warehouses and is large enough for all three if subdivided without one impeding on the other. It is under 10 min away from downtown A.H, downtown Palatine and Woodfield mall. Bordering 355, Northwest Highway and has a commuter train stop effectively on the property. The Bear would profit if they sell as a single unit or in parcels.

AH would not allow a garbage dump at that location.:rolleyes:

I personally think the bear Switched their emphasis back to the city when the Sox proposed an downtown stadium and the Mayor became amiable. Both sports teams had a better shot at passing one tax bill as opposed to 2. Perhaps the Bear would have had a better shot on their own if the Sox weren't already in the process of a proposal to move but that wasn't going to be the case.

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That land has a lot of value and could easily be sold. It has a remarkably viable location for a stadium and could alternately be turned into homes, businesses or warehouses and is large enough for all three if subdivided without one impeding on the other. It is under 10 min away from downtown A.H, downtown Palatine and Woodfield mall. Bordering 355, Northwest Highway and has a commuter train stop effectively on the property. The Bear would profit if they sell as a single unit or in parcels.

AH would not allow a garbage dump at that location.:rolleyes:
Why do I constantly have to deal with such stupid people on the board?

At a hearing last month, an attorney for the Bears contended last month that the property should be valued at $60 million after the team submitted two appraisals, one placing the value at $60 million and the other at $71 million. At the same hearing, an attorney for three suburban school districts – which rely on property taxes for their funding and intervened in the Bears’ appeal – argued the property is worth $160 million.

Are the Bears going to sell vacant land at a 100 million loss?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why do I constantly have to deal with such stupid people on the board?

At a hearing last month, an attorney for the Bears contended last month that the property should be valued at $60 million after the team submitted two appraisals, one placing the value at $60 million and the other at $71 million. At the same hearing, an attorney for three suburban school districts – which rely on property taxes for their funding and intervened in the Bears’ appeal – argued the property is worth $160 million.

Are the Bears going to sell vacant land at a 100 million loss?

LOL. This is so dumb. It's value is the price the Bear actually bough it for. Around $200M. I'm not spinning my wheels with someone so clueless in business related financial manipulations for tax savings vs proposed jobs and good will. That ass must be gaping to be able to pull so much shit out of.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
LOL. This is so dumb. It's value is the price the Bear actually bough it for. Between $190 and 200M. I'm not spinning my wheels with someone so clueless in business related financial manipulations. That ass must be gaping to be able to pull so much shit out of.
Are you going to read the article or not?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I was about to say. This guy is an expert in not just offensive linemen, quarterbacks, but ALSO a real estate/mortgage expert!

Daniel and the orange cheeto man would both enter a room and brag about how they are both the best at everything.
Read the article you choad

msadows

Liked Posts:
LOL. This is so dumb. It's value is the price the Bear actually bough it for. Around $200M. I'm not spinning my wheels with someone so clueless in business related financial manipulations for tax savings vs proposed jobs and good will. That ass must be gaping to be able to pull so much shit out of.

They could easily sell that real estate for new home construction also.

Plots of land in arlington that have never been touched are now being sold off to build new homes because the average cost of a home has boomed so much.
Read the article you choad

Why would I read an article from a "journalist" almost as dumb as you