Kevin White (Update: Kevin White Practices)

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Just saw Briggs tweet: Deadline for #Bears to make decision on 1st round draft pick WR Kevin White is next Tuesday. The details https://t.co/d8d8TTcWR5

Has anyone heard/seen anything? Any word upon progress, let alone returning to action.

If he suits up and participates (begins practicing) in team drills / practice by the 23rd, the Bears will have 21 days to decide whether to bring him back this year.

If not, they will have to move him to full season IR.

I don't see any real downside (assuming he is actually now healthy) in not letting him practice to give us 3 more weeks to decide.

IF we win against the Broncos and Rams, I would love to see him out there - even as just a threat for the first few weeks - and then getting ready for the playoff run.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love to see him out there - even as just a threat for the first few weeks - and then getting ready for the playoff run.

meatball-33.jpg

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
I've seen a couple tweets recently from beat guys that basically said he didn't seem like he was close to coming back. Nothing definitive.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I've seen a couple tweets recently from beat guys that basically said he didn't seem like he was close to coming back. Nothing definitive.

Just totally sucks for a top 10 WR to have a somewhat serious surgery from what it sounds like. Ugh. And the fact he's still recoevering and can't do much on it is even more of a concern. I hope he turns out to be a decent player but fuck

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Saw it on PFT & it really stuck out...aside from Cooper & Diggs, the rookie draft class is disappointing as hell. White, Parker, Agholor, Dorsett, Perriman.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

Let me be a little more clear...

I think we will win this weekend. We should.

i don't think we will beat the Packers in Lambeau.

However, if we do win both games (big if) then yes, I want to see a healthy White play as the following 5 games are all very winnable games.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he suits up and participates (begins practicing) in team drills / practice by the 23rd, the Bears will have 21 days to decide whether to bring him back this year.

If not, they will have to move him to full season IR.

I don't see any real downside (assuming he is actually now healthy) in not letting him practice to give us 3 more weeks to decide.

IF we win against the Broncos and Rams, I would love to see him out there - even as just a threat for the first few weeks - and then getting ready for the playoff run.

The downside is that he takes a roster spot. Duh.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck that. Fuck Mariani. Get this kid on the field as soon as he is cleared and conditioned. Kid needs reps asap. There is no substitute for reps. Even if he isn't getting targeted. Still. He is a rookie and needs reps reps reps reps reps reps

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has anyone heard/seen anything? Any word upon progress, let alone returning to action.

The last I read, which was about 1 month ago, he started doing light drills on the sides at pratice(s) and that caused discomfort. Not a good sign for this year, but again that was over a month ago so who knows. I'd like to see him out there, 3-4 games would be awesome.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And there is Omelet, with another amazing insight.

Let him sit. If he goes out and ends up with a serious injury because he came back too soon then it will be more than just a miss for this year. It is highly unlikely that we make the playoffs anyway so why risk it. Next year he will be needed much more.

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
This is what I saw the other day

@stellarpete: @danpompei What's the latest on Kevin White and what's the earliest he can play this year? Think he even plays?

@danpompei: Talked w/him Wed. I'm less optimistic now than I had been. All he's doing is jogging, muscle not coming around yet.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Sit him until next year. Reps are important, but trying to do too much too soon for a rookie coming off a serious injury isn't worth it for him or the franchise. He'll get plenty of reps next season.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And there is Omelet, with another amazing insight.

Let him sit. If he goes out and ends up with a serious injury because he came back too soon then it will be more than just a miss for this year. It is highly unlikely that we make the playoffs anyway so why risk it. Next year he will be needed much more.

Cleared is cleared. Thats the whole point of cleared. Kid will have to assume risk in order to be on the field. Has to be on the field to learn. There is no way around that.

Once he is cleared, delaying doesn't do anything except slow down his learning process.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sit him until next year. Reps are important, but trying to do too much too soon for a rookie coming off a serious injury isn't worth it for him or the franchise. He'll get plenty of reps next season.

Trying to do too much too soon? He can't go out and run some routes? Thats too much?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
If White is healthy and there is no threat to re-injure then he needs to play. I know he won't be a world beater at all, but these last 7 games can really be useful for him and the Bears looking at 2016 and beyond.

Young WR's need reps.