Kiper's Mock Draft

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
#15 & #47 combined are worth 100 points more than #8 by trade value chart, but we could probably sqeeze something more if there are couple teams interested in the pick.

Also if they are wanting a QB they might be willing to give up a little more. I do like the idea of moving back and picking up pick(s) tho.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Courtland Sutton out of SMU will get drafted before Ridley. Just wait and see.

only way that happens is if he runs an insane 40.

Dude looks like me running routes out there. Sloppier than the chick I picked up last night.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Yeah trade down clown actually isn't a bad option here if Mayfield and Jackson are still on the board. Would love to get a good look at Christian Kirk in that scenario.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Josh Jackson or Ridley depending on what position was targeted in FA. I think either one of these guy can make an immediate impact.

This would be a very talented and young secondary
CB Kyle Fuller 25
CB Josh Jackson 22
FS Eddie Jackson 24
SS Adrian Amos 24
I personally like Amos, but if your not sold on him available SS in FA M Burnett 28 / K Vaccaro 26

WR1 Meredith 25
WR2 Ridley 23
WRS Wright 28
WR4 Inman 28

Meredith healthy, Inman with a full offseason, and Wright in our new system would be light years better then what we had last season. Ridley should be able to come in and make an instant impact as well.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marcus Davenport has all the physical tools to become a truly great pass rusher in the NFL. The knock on him is that he’s from a small school, but all the hype will soon come once people watch his tape and realize his incredibly high ceiling. I’d draft him at #8 without hesitation.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
In that exact scenario I would actually try to auction off Mayfield before selecting a defensive player.

I think that a team falls in love with him and he is our best bet for a trade down.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
The Bucs running game is pure shit. No, not really surprising.
He means the history for people taking the person the board has a consensus on picked before us in the past. Don't think it had anything to do with the Bucs needs. I concur, the Aaron Donald pick still hurts.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Depends on how McGlitchey and Connor Williams are looking. If one of those will make it to round 2 I could go with Ridley in the 1st.
If it's looking like a WR in the 2nd would do just as good I'd get the best LT in the 1st.

I think a better oline will take us further than a better WR but if it can work out to get good at both at #8 and #39 that's the obvious choice.

I think it's wishful thinking but this mock has me salivating. https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/chicago/19/

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd be fine with Ridley.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Jackson all day. Nothing has plagued this Defense more than the lack of turnovers it generates.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
That's definitely worst case scenario. Assuming nobody wants to trade up for Baker Mayfield and we have to stay there I probably go Jackson at CB.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I find Ridley underwhelming.

When in doubt, draft an impact defender. I'd lean Derwin James.

Derwin James is Jabrill Peppers or Taylor Mays all over. Doesn't make nearly as many plays as his hype suggests.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Derwin James is Jabrill Peppers or Taylor Mays all over. Doesn't make nearly as many plays as his hype suggests.

He's not an elite ballhawk. Those are exceedingly rare.

But I think you are quite off the mark comparing him to Peppers and Mays. Those two were definite hype jobs. Derwin James just seems like an elite and versatile defensive piece to me.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
He's not an elite ballhawk. Those are exceedingly rare.

But I think you are quite off the mark comparing him to Peppers and Mays. Those two were definite hype jobs. Derwin James just seems like an elite and versatile defensive piece to me.

He's a strong safety that doesn't make plays on the ball. That's exactly what Mays and Peppers were. We already have that in Amos.

Besides, if you're drafting a safety in the top 10 he damn sure better be able to get the ball back to the offense and James does not do that.