Kiper's Mock Draft

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
We have our safeties. Thank you, Ryan Pace! A problem we couldn't solve for more than a decade seems to be fixed. NO JAMES!!

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Where Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins land is going to influence this draft. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if Philly trades Foles in the offseason. Like the Bears last season, there are plenty of QB needy teams and much better options coming on the FA market than the ginger giraffe.

It's fun to take a guess and if I were to guess I say Pace trades back to around 12, picks up another 2nd rd pick and takes a WR or CB at 12.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Santonio Holmes comes to mind.

David Tyree, Plaxico. T.O. got the Eagles over NFC Championship hump and on to the Superbowl.

It's hilarious that people think you don't need good WRs to win games. It's like they see Brady win with Smurfs and Santa's elves and figures every team can win that way like Brady isn't the greatest QB of all time.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
David Tyree, Plaxico. T.O. got the Eagles over NFC Championship hump and on to the Superbowl.

It's hilarious that people think you don't need good WRs to win games. It's like they see Brady win with Smurfs and Santa's elves and figures every team can win that way like Brady isn't the greatest QB of all time.

I don't think people would have a problem drafting an elite WR prospect.

Is Ridley that? I really don't think so.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
In that exact scenario I would actually try to auction off Mayfield before selecting a defensive player.

Looking at teams that could potentially be looking to move up for a QB I could see... maybe the Cardinals at pick 15. Also, the Bills have pick 21 and 22 in this draft. They could potentially be looking to parlay one of those picks for their guy at pick 8.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Funny how almost every team's fans think they should trade down, and very few say trade up. Understand that it's very unlikely to happen, as much as it seems to be a good move.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
Kiper was #420nationvapingitup when he put Josh Allen as #1. QBs that have had success completing less than %60 of their passes in modern football is few. I can only think of Cam Newton and Matt Ryan.

Beast athlete, shit jsut about everywhere else.

If the break down was like that, then its Josh Jackson for sure for the Bears. We'll see what happens during the process.

lol at the hashtag....rumor from a couple weeks ago was that the browns new gm actually likes josh allen the best. i think mel and some other mocks are running with that and thinking they're actually gonna pick him.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In this scenario, I want to trade down. If I can't, I'll take Jackson or Ridley. I do think Sutton may end up drafted before Ridley. I guess it will depend on the combine but I've seen plenty of mocks with Sutton being the first WR drafted

34 GOAT

Liked Posts:
Now last season, pace swung for the fences for a guy that I thought was not worth the #2 overall pick in the draft. In fact my first thought when I heard about the trade was he wanted to make sure he got Watson. I would have been fine with that. Now only time will tell which one of us was right. Personally, I like my chances. But that is all they are is chances. Mitch could very well be better then Watson in the long run. Let us look at the other part of that trade. Wouldn't it have been nice if he didn't move up and maybe used those picks on some line or wr help? Well hindsight is 20/20 and we can't undo the past. I hope for our sake I am wrong. Now my mantra for a rebuild is "Build the lines". I believe that one of the best ways to help a young QB is try and make sure he stays upright as much as possible. So I hope that if pace stays at 8 that he is able to land the best offensive tackle that fits our new scheme. If the draft falls this way they will have first shot at the best OT. If Nagy, Hiestand, and pace, don't believe that any of the available tackles are worth the 8 pick, then use it to pick pick the best DE available. If he moves up, I hope it is to get Chubb, but I don't see that happening. Then again I didn't foresee the trade up to get Mitch, either.

If he moves down I hope that the picks he lands will get us the best oline availble, and a first round worthy WR.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'd go Josh Jackson, since I'm not a fan of taking any of the WR's in the top 10-15 picks. I think there are WR's that can be productive in rounds 2-4 of this draft.

I think this way, because I really think Pace is going to sign 2 WR in free agency that fit Nagy's scheme. So 2 FA's + Meredith's return + 1 rookie from 2-4 + Bellamy/Wright, I'm good with that WR core.

I think what Jackson would add to the defensive backfield, that young DB group would have a chance to be elite for years. Especially if they can hit on another pass rusher in the middle rounds as well.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
:thinking:
Trade #8 pick for Arizona #15 & #47 (their presumable goal is to take QB Mayfield).
And with #15 Bears take one of - WR Ridley, OLB Ferrell, OT McGlinchey, Brown.

On the other hand, if Bears stay at #8, CB Jackson is a no brainer pick, IMO.

If you trade down to #15 and the 49ers don't take Ridley then Greenbay at #14 most likely will. Even if they wouldn't... fuck GB no way I let them pick in front of us.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i havent really started looking at prospects yet, but a quick look revealed that WRs are all over the place with no real consensus. other than sutton, who i just heard of for the first time being the top or 2nd WR in the class according to most. while ridley is near the bottom of the list for most.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I don't think Josh Jackson is a "no-brainer". I would rather have Denzel Ward personally.

Jackson is going to struggle with those smaller, faster receivers and when he did get beat in college it was on deep routes. He struggles in man with speed.

He also predominantly played zone coverage in college which helped him post those big INT numbers as he was watching the QB a lot.

Good size, decent athlete and obviously great ball skills but I think he might be a bit clunky turning his hips and will get burned on occasion.

dawags

Liked Posts:
They tried Leno at RT and he sucked. They made a long term financial commitment to him as our LT. Can't see Pace spending the 8th pick on a RT. If Pace thinks that Nelson is the man among boys he looks like from tape we've seen and with questions about Long and Kirk's availability to play next year then it's a possibility at 8. I'm not a trade down clown but Pace made a move last draft to get one of the picks back that he used on Trubs so doing it again wouldn't shock me. I won't waste your time guessing draft picks cause I'm never right anyway.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I don't think Josh Jackson is a "no-brainer". I would rather have Denzel Ward personally.

Jackson is going to struggle with those smaller, faster receivers and when he did get beat in college it was on deep routes. He struggles in man with speed.

He also predominantly played zone coverage in college which helped him post those big INT numbers as he was watching the QB a lot.

Good size, decent athlete and obviously great ball skills but I think he might be a bit clunky turning his hips and will get burned on occasion.

I could see him as a possibility too. I generally value/prefer CB in the top 10-15 more than WR. I like the projected DB group much better if they use a top 10 pick on CB (Jackson/Ward) over what the projected WR group would look like with Ridley or Sutton.

I think the CB's have the potential to be better players than the WR's mentioned in the top 10.