Knicks tried to acquire Hinrich

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
This came from the latest Sam's mailbag

I heard it was Hinrich the Knicks were trying to get for Jeffries not Tyrus for Harrington. The Bulls aren’t about to be taking on contracts, and shouldn’t be unless it’s a player you want to go forward with like Bosh or maybe David West.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some team wanted Hinrich? This is blasphemy! Jeffries for Hinrich wouldn't be a good trade for the team anyway, but hey, it gets Hinrich off the team...

TheStig

Liked Posts:
As much as I don't like Jeffries, it does save us about 2.2 mill next year and 8 million the following year. So if Salmons opts in, we can just sell off James Johnson for cap space to sign someone. I just hope we have a better plan to ensure we have cap space because there isn't a line of suitors waiting for kirk anymore.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
If the Knicks want Hinrich they should be able to just buy him off the Bulls for a second round pick in the off season. The Knicks have a huge hole at the point guard position, no 2010 draft pick and those factors it could hurt their ability to sign a big time free agent. I don't think Bosh, Boozer, or Amare will opt to sign with a team that has a less than stellar point guard(unless they have a superstar type player of course).

TheStig

Liked Posts:
The knicks will get someone this offseason. They will over pay for a second tier talent but they won't come away empty handed. They can't afford too.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
hinrich for jeffries is amazing ! do it! jefferies is a far better defedner than hinrich. (really hinrich isn't offering us much in terms of offense) he's making 2 million less than hinrich, and we should be able to buy him out eventually. he only has one year left on his contract next year! i would do this in a heart beat!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2 million! Well, I didn't know that...WHAT FOOLS!

TheStig

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:

2 million next, 8 million the year after and possible more if we can buy him out. It wouldn't be so bad if they threw in Nate Robinson and we threw in Pargo. That would clear enough room to bring in another minimum player too this year. Its really not that bad. I know you like Kirk alot but would you rather have kirk, salmons and a david lee type fa next year or Salmons and a max guy?

Fred

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
hinrich for jeffries is amazing ! do it! jefferies is a far better defedner than hinrich. (really hinrich isn't offering us much in terms of offense) he's making 2 million less than hinrich, and we should be able to buy him out eventually. he only has one year left on his contract next year! i would do this in a heart beat!

Pinkizdead is absolutely, 100% percent correct in his assesment of Jeffries' defense. Jeffries is a fantastic defender, who can guard 3 positions if the matchup is right. Very, very underrated. He's a much better defender than Kirk.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Pinkizdead is absolutely, 100% percent correct in his assesment of Jeffries' defense. Jeffries is a fantastic defender, who can guard 3 positions if the matchup is right. Very, very underrated. He's a much better defender than Kirk.

I don't think so....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nobody's knocking down the Knicks' door to get to Jeffries stellar defense....

Fred

Liked Posts:
For those who the incredible D of Jeffries, I offer:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/17/sports/basketball/17knicks.html

"Every Knicks defensive game plan revolves around Jeffries and what he can deny the opposition. Jeffries draws assignments that range from guarding flighty point guards like Chris Paul to centers like Tyson Chandler. In a zone defense, Jeffries is similar to a free safety, leaving his man to cause havoc on the weak side, but quick enough and long enough to return to his primary assignment.

There is a likely correlation between Jeffries fouling out and Charlotte’s Raymond Felton then finding creases in the Knicks’ interior defense for two deciding layups on Tuesday.

“The guy’s been playing phenomenal,” D’Antoni said. “It’s every time he’s on the floor. Bad luck he fouls out at a crucial part of the game, but he played well. His defense is terrific.”

Honestly, can you find anyone saying something even remotely close to this about Kirk Hinrich, besides maybe his dad?

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
He's also one of the most useless players on the offensive end in the NBA. Which is exactly the opposite of what the team needs. If we're getting something useless back for Hinrich it better expire.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
TheStig wrote:
clonetrooper264 wrote:

2 million next, 8 million the year after and possible more if we can buy him out. It wouldn't be so bad if they threw in Nate Robinson and we threw in Pargo. That would clear enough room to bring in another minimum player too this year. Its really not that bad. I know you like Kirk alot but would you rather have kirk, salmons and a david lee type fa next year or Salmons and a max guy?
Clearly, I am not so blinded as to not want a max guy, but in terms of making the team more watchable right now, Hinrich for Jefferies wouldn't help at all. But at this point, it might not even matter.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
i think i want jeffries. but i have no freaking idea why the knicks would want kirk if they're aiming for 2012, they'd prob make us take some crap off their hands too. i mean why else would they do this??? they're taking long term salary.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
clonetrooper264 wrote:

Clearly, I am not so blinded as to not want a max guy, but in terms of making the team more watchable right now, Hinrich for Jefferies wouldn't help at all. But at this point, it might not even matter.

I agree its not good for watching now. Which is why I think they should include Nate and we should include Pargo. Nate will give us another guy who can score.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
He's also one of the most useless players on the offensive end in the NBA. Which is exactly the opposite of what the team needs. If we're getting something useless back for Hinrich it better expire.

You do realize that Jeffries is shooting a full 7% better from the field this year? I would be down for this trade if we could get Nate Robinson and Pargo thrown in.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
TheStig wrote:
Shakes wrote:

You do realize that Jeffries is shooting a full 7% better from the field this year? I would be down for this trade if we could get Nate Robinson and Pargo thrown in.
He's also averaging 4 ppg and 55% FT. He's clearly not taking many shots. But I guess the fact that he's shooting over 40% on those limited attempts is better than nothing. He's also averaging 3.1 fouls per game, not sure what's going on there since he's averaging even less minutes than Hinrich is, but I'm guessing he's guarding the other team's best player and is thus getting a lot of fouls called on him.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Shakes wrote:

He's also averaging 4 ppg and 55% FT. He's clearly not taking many shots. But I guess the fact that he's shooting over 40% on those limited attempts is better than nothing. He's also averaging 3.1 fouls per game, not sure what's going on there since he's averaging even less minutes than Hinrich is, but I'm guessing he's guarding the other team's best player and is thus getting a lot of fouls called on him.

I didn't say that he would be our starter. He would be a backup and could spell Deng a bit. I don't think Deng has it in him to play 40mpg the rest of the year. I also stated we would have to get Nate back to give us some offense. I don't think that would be a problem since he clearly isn't in theur plans.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Its one thing to say that you are trading Hinrich to trade Hinrich. But acting as if Jeffries is a better player is altogether different...and not true. Jeffries is a journeyman frontcourt player who really doesn't have a position. He has never been an important piece to any team at any time.

Just say you don't like Hinrich and want to get rid of him...but shouting out the basketball virtues of Jared Jeffries is bit much.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Shakes wrote:

Do you realise his usage rate is in the single digits? He's got OK efficiency because he never does anything.