In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
2nd is the current draft position and the extremely low potential of having that again in 2 years. Yes, you could always trade up but that would be counterintuitive to the keep Fields argument of trading down for a haul. You're basically leaking cap and picks if he doesn't work out.

My post never even mentioned CW nor the #1 pick.

It's not being obsessed with the #1 pick It's about getting a top talent at QB which is usually one of the top 2 projected QB prospects. Also a 500 team doesn't have those picks outside of J. Lo without using more resources and we don't know if the league will catch up to him nor what he would have been without sitting behind a super star for 3 years.
You absolutely said the Bears would be missing out on their current draft position aka the #1 pick you later claimed you didn't mention. I replied with multiple recent QBs that were taken all over the first round and you then said I was being extreme...??

The absolute obsession with having the #1 pick is one of the go to arguments that many use to justify their claim that the Bears MUST take Caleb because we won't have the #1 pick again. Here's what I know for 100% fact: You can find a good QB in multiple spots other than the #1 pick BUT you can't get better trade value elsewhere in the draft than you can by trading #1 overall pick.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You absolutely said the Bears would be missing out on their current draft position aka the #1 pick you later claimed you didn't mention. I replied with multiple recent QBs that were taken all over the first round and you then said I was being extreme...??

The absolute obsession with having the #1 pick is one of the go to arguments that many use to justify their claim that the Bears MUST take Caleb because we won't have the #1 pick again. Here's what I know for 100% fact: You can find a good QB in multiple spots other than the #1 pick BUT you can't get better trade value elsewhere in the draft than you can by trading #1 overall pick.
Whatever.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
i am not talking about screen passes. i am talking about the quarterback being the bottleneck to the offense. if you have a limited QB, there is only so much you can call.

How long does it take the fastest person in the NFL to run 40yds?
There's only so much time you have for plays to develop when your oline isn't on the same page and parting in the center like the Red Sea.

You brought up Bagent not me. The screens are what worked
I disagree.

The offensive line doesn't look as bad when the QB actually throws the ball. Hence why Bagents sack % was much lower than Justin's with the same offensive line.

Make up your mind. Bagent's success was designed quick dump offs. This is not rocket science.

If you want a QB who throws 40yd passes you need an oline that can provide protection for about 5 seconds.
Get the #1 QB, I don't care. But get the #1 QB some protection.
Stop doing the same thing and expecting different results.

You don't need Williams if you're not willing to get WRs and oline.
It's obvious those blaming Fields for everything aren't willing to change anything else. I'm amazed I haven't heard the old excuse of blaming the QB for tiring out our defense yet.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How long does it take the fastest person in the NFL to run 40yds?
There's only so much time you have for plays to develop when your oline isn't on the same page and parting in the center like the Red Sea.

You brought up Bagent not me. The screens are what worked

Make up your mind. Bagent's success was designed quick dump offs. This is not rocket science.

If you want a QB who throws 40yd passes you need an oline that can provide protection for about 5 seconds.
Get the #1 QB, I don't care. But get the #1 QB some protection.
Stop doing the same thing and expecting different results.

You don't need Williams if you're not willing to get WRs and oline.
It's obvious those blaming Fields for everything aren't willing to change anything else. I'm amazed I haven't heard the old excuse of blaming the QB for tiring out our defense yet.

not every single play called was a screen, don't know why you keep bringing it up. fact of the matter is Bagent did not get sacked as much as Justin Fields and the difference was huge

Fields has screens called just like Bagent did. Makes no difference to my point

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
not every single play called was a screen, don't know why you keep bringing it up. fact of the matter is Bagent did not get sacked as much as Justin Fields and the difference was huge

Fields has screens called just like Bagent did. Makes no difference to my point

What I saw was at the start Bagent only got quick dump offs, fans like you went wild. As soon as Getsy started trusting him to throw deeper he was getting sacked and intercepted. And everyone came out saying they told you so to all the Bagent lovers.
Fields was either ignoring those types of calls or he didn't get them anywhere near as often as Bagent was. He wasn't getting sacked on those dump offs, the WR was getting tackled for no gain, a loss or little gain.

You basically want to spend a 2024 2nd rounder to keep Fields so you can draft Williams to sit and you are claiming the oline is good because Bagent could throw quick dump offs. So you want the #1 QB who is a big game hunter drafted to throw quick dump offs.

Fans like you don't deserve a #1 QB.
Williams would most likely be good to start if we would just get an offense around him. And that 2nd for Fields could fill in a big missing piece.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I have no idea why this popped up my youtube feed, but I had not seen it before.

Alex Brown is ready to move on from Fields. I'll be honest, I did not expect that. I have not really watched much of Alex's takes, so not sure if that was just a reaction to the Green Bay loss or if he had said similar to before. The date on the clip was 8-Jan.