Kyle Fuller...HE GONE(UPDATE:Now a Bronco)

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
@msadows is Pace still a better GM than Bill Belichick or nah?

Better GM? Hell yes. BB has been very very bad at the GM part of his job. Pace went all in with this team and it didn't work and now he's feeling the heat of what happens when you go all in. Eventually the hard part comes to get back in as good a place as possible with the cap and tough choices need to be made. You either do a full rebuild or make some tough choices with cuts or trades and try to build it back up quickly. No idea what Pace is planning but we'll see.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
feelin pretty fed up with the bears rn

this is supposed to be the best time of the year for bears fans

all the hopes and dreams we talk ourselves into

but damn, this shit is just deflating

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It just gets worse and worse. Our former 1st rounders going elsewhere and we get 0 for them. :mad:

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I'm trusting Sporttrac and OTC more than a reporter trying to get unresearched material out as fast as possible
I actually trust ESPN and their "league source " more. I'd like to think they have more contacts and access to firsthand information

msadows

Liked Posts:
imo vildor is not ready to be a CB and should be a safety....so they're either going to have to draft someone?
imo vildor is not ready to be a CB and should be a safety....so they're either going to have to draft someone?

Still plenty of options in FA that would come cheaper than fuller. Malcolm Butler specifically I wouldn't mind and he would be cheaper than fuller.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To be fair Eddie just restructured his contract to help the Bears free up Cap space. I'd be mad as he'll too if I did that, only for management to sign Andy Dalton with the Cap space and then proceed to cut one of my buddies.

He should be worried about his bullshit play the past 2 seasons instead

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still plenty of options in FA that would come cheaper than fuller. Malcolm Butler specifically I wouldn't mind and he would be cheaper than fuller.
Cheaper than fuller after the dead cap hit?

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Interesting that ESPN is reporting the Bears will save 14 mil and only have 6 mil in dead cap. It was originally thought we would only save 11 mil and take a 9 mil dead cap hit.

If this is the case it makes more sense why it was difficult to find a trade partner. Paying Fuller 14 mil and giving up draft capital for a one year rental makes for a different situation.

They're counting it as a post June 1 cut...so yes $14M

Rise

Liked Posts:
we lost our 2021 5th rounder? so no 4th or 5th?

the fuck is it with this guy and his contempt for draft picks

this fucker is a pyramid scheme GM...constantly stealing from the future to patch up his misses from the past

yup, would have got a 5th for Roy but had to have ANDY gotta caught out all pro CB for ANDY! Gotta keep old ass Trevathon and Graham but not the premier CB!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
we lost our 2021 5th rounder? so no 4th or 5th?

the fuck is it with this guy and his contempt for draft picks

this fucker is a pyramid scheme GM...constantly stealing from the future to patch up his misses from the past
No the Bears lost the potential 2022 comp pick from RRH.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeah it's either play well and go 10-6 or 11-5 or be total shit and go 2-14 or 3-13 for me.
Any question which team this one is?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
feelin pretty fed up with the bears rn

this is supposed to be the best time of the year for bears fans

all the hopes and dreams we talk ourselves into

but damn, this shit is just deflating
I've been a bears fan way too long to ever let hopes and dreams creep in.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I am kind of laughing at all the dick ripping over Kyle Fuller.

I certainly enjoyed him but I also remember how he is when there isn't a pass rush. It was his contract year when he decided to say fuck everything and go for broke, and mostly gave up on playing cover corner and instead decided he would just try to jump every route and pick everything off, and he ended up winning that lottery. He definitely has a pro bowl level of ability in picking off passes so long as there's a pass rush in front of him, but otherwise he's just a little above average corner.

I mean I'm not going to disparage the guy as he is a good player, but at the price tag he was coming with, he was not worth that money.

And you drafted Jaylon Johnson, who already in his rookie year is showing better traits than Kyle Fuller has.

Is it going to be a hole on the defense? Absolutely.

Is he someone this defense is going to fall apart from because he's not there? Hardly.

Maybe I just feel I have a better stock on the Bears than most of the people grousing about this, but my expectations aren't high to begin with for this upcoming season.

The Bears kept Ryan Pace. The Bears kept Matt Nagy.

I know what they are trying to do to save their jobs and I see the logic behind it, but with an aging defense and an inability to find a real quarterback who can permanently anchor this franchise for the next 15 years, I was already expecting next season to be slightly above average at best and a flaming train wreck at worst and I am here for either one.

The defense has a real shot at completely falling off the ledge this year. I am willing to bet based on the desperate actions of Ryan pace, not just in the signings but in the media stories that have been floated around, that he knows if he doesn't make something happen it is his last year.

therefore I am all in on watching the season that ends the Ryan Pace experiment.

And I recognize that Kyle Fuller is just the first of many on the defense who will likely be getting the boot (traded) over the next 2 to 3 years, if they don't completely decline first and get cut.

And I am genuinely excited for whoever comes in next because despite all of Ryan Pace's stupidity, at least he is not leaving the cupboard bare like Phil Emery, like the Bears Brain trust with Dave wannestedt before that, or like Jerry Angelo when he had his nuts cut off by Lovie Smith's power grab in 2007 on.

When all the aging defensive players phase out, we have a good young core that can help the team bounce back with the right direction.

Jaylon Johnson, David Montgomery, Darnell Mooney, roquan Smith, Bilal Nichols, Sam mustapher, James Daniels, etc.

It's not starting from zero like those other times.

Those are guys young enough that if you draft a quarterback next year, can grow with that quarterback and you still have a good window.

I wish Kyle Fuller the best. But this cap cut was like Thanos: inevitable.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've been a bears fan way too long to ever let hopes and dreams creep in.
I went to therapy about the bears but when I got in the parking lot the only other car there had a bears license plate. I just accept my beatings now

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
I think they feel like this team has maxed out its ceiling as currently constructed. They are going to sell the farm for 2nd overall pick Zack Wilson and start over. Pace & Nagy was never on thin ice.