Kyle Hendricks

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kyle Hendricks - Dartmouth
Randy Wells - Southwestern Illinois College

Also, Randy Wells was a converted Catcher. Nice try though.

Where do you project him moving forward?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
#1 Rule Though, NEVER link to the bullshit that is Bleacher Report Will.

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
Its called Double A which is a big judgement level for prospects. Any the fact that Hendricks is dominating is good. take your negativity else where

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is no where near a Maddux so, I hop people are not thinking that. He seems like he could be a solid back end of the rotation starter. Nothing wrong with it. You can make a nice career out of it. Could he be better? Sure, but his arm isnt special so temper expectations. For him to be really good he would have to over achieve his entire career and that happens very little.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Its called Double A which is a big judgement level for prospects. Any the fact that Hendricks is dominating is good. take your negativity else where

So only :homer:s allowed?

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

Once again it is called reality.

Tons of prospects have performed well at AA and failed miserably at the major league level.

You seem to care more about production at AA and I care more about production at the major league level.

Once you have watched baseball for more than a couple years you will start to understand how often prospects really do bust and not over react to every little prospect who has a good couple games in the minors.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Once again it is called reality.

Tons of prospects have performed well at AA and failed miserably at the major league level.

You seem to care more about production at AA and I care more about production at the major league level.

Once you have watched baseball for more than a couple years you will start to understand how often prospects really do bust and not over react to every little prospect who has a good couple games in the minors.

Alright, who has a better chance at getting a call to the majors:

Player A - torches Double A hitters
Player B - gets torched by Double A hitters

AA is a step in the process towards getting a call to the majors. Does having success in AA guarantee success in the majors? Absolutely not. However, having no success in AA damn near guarantees no call up to the majors. Nearly every major league player came up through a farm system somewhere, so to completely write off a kid's minor league numbers as a guise of being more interested in the parent team's major league numbers is extremely shortsighted.

The only question revolving around Hendricks is the fact that he doesn't throw mid to high 90's. If he had the heat, he would be mentioned with the big time prospects (Wheeler, Walker, Cole & Taillon).

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
If he had the heat, he would be mentioned with the big time prospects (Wheeler, Walker, Cole & Taillon).

cute-alien-in-spaceship-31d5a9.jpg

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Alright, who has a better chance at getting a call to the majors:

Player A - torches Double A hitters
Player B - gets torched by Double A hitters

AA is a step in the process towards getting a call to the majors. Does having success in AA guarantee success in the majors? Absolutely not. However, having no success in AA damn near guarantees no call up to the majors. Nearly every major league player came up through a farm system somewhere, so to completely write off a kid's minor league numbers as a guise of being more interested in the parent team's major league numbers is extremely shortsighted.

The only question revolving around Hendricks is the fact that he doesn't throw mid to high 90's. If he had the heat, he would be mentioned with the big time prospects (Wheeler, Walker, Cole & Taillon).

Very Dumb.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Does having success in AA guarantee success in the majors? Absolutely not.

End of story.

The only question revolving around Hendricks is the fact that he doesn't throw mid to high 90's.

Um, no.

The REAL question and really the only question that matters is will he ever be successful at the major league level.

To whine and cry about of him not being mentioned with the 'big time prospects' is extremely short sighted.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Just to update salami; still a big negatory on my dinner invite to the Epstein Mansion. I think his stalker will get in before me.

Sorry to hear that Pat.

My guess is that you'll have to gain an extra chromosome along the way, coupled with a cocktail of heroin and crack, injected twice daily for at least ten years.

I'm sure then you'll convince yourself of actually being there and then sharing the experience with the rest of us.

patg006

Liked Posts:
Sorry to hear that Pat.

My guess is that you'll have to gain an extra chromosome along the way, coupled with a cocktail of heroin and crack, injected twice daily for at least ten years.

I'm sure then you'll convince yourself of actually being there and then sharing the experience with the rest of us.

I will not take a page out of hurricanedj's playbook.....

I have standards

:turrible:

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Kyle Hendricks has done good so far this season. His numbers have been good for most of his minor league career.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
So only :homer:s allowed?

He was referring to KB saying that prospects don't matter at all, some people like to talk about them and should be free to do so.