LaCanfora: Vikings to win NFC North

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Minnesota. Kirk Cousins may not ever get them over the mountain, and he may not win huge games, but they will beat enough mediocre teams to win this division. They dealt with mental health and physical health issues on defense in 2018, but Mike Zimmer knows the bar must be set higher on that side of the ball this year, and I expect them to be more consistent and menacing. Give Cousins a few more leads and good things happen. I have serious concerns about the new power structure in Green Bay and the Aaron Rodgers/Matt Lafleur coupling could be perilous, and the Bears are the poster boys for 2019 regression to me (more on that next week).

Season's over boys

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Minnesota. Kirk Cousins may not ever get them over the mountain, and he may not win huge games, but they will beat enough mediocre teams to win this division. They dealt with mental health and physical health issues on defense in 2018, but Mike Zimmer knows the bar must be set higher on that side of the ball this year, and I expect them to be more consistent and menacing. Give Cousins a few more leads and good things happen. I have serious concerns about the new power structure in Green Bay and the Aaron Rodgers/Matt Lafleur coupling could be perilous, and the Bears are the poster boys for 2019 regression to me (more on that next week).

Season's over boys

tenor.gif

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How does one get JLC's job? He might be one of the worst NFL writers out there but he keeps his employment

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
the Bears are the poster boys for 2019 regression to me

I don't know what he's basing this on. The defense is too talented to not be among the best, and i can't imagine why offensively they would regress in the second year of Nagy. They weren't very good last year. Regress to what, and why?

Much tougher schedule might see them win a game or two less but not really seeing them be a worse team.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't know what he's basing this on. The defense is too talented to not be among the best, and i can't imagine why offensively they would regress in the second year of Nagy. They weren't very good last year. Regress to what, and why?

Much tougher schedule might see them win a game or two less but not really seeing them be a worse team.

My guess is he means that the schedule will be harder, which it is on paper but doesn't mean it will be but the injury bug will be much worse. Which isn't always true as well. JLC is awful at everything he does.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Jason La Canfora is a turd slinger.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Next week's anal ysis...the Bears lost Fangio, Amos, and Callahan. Plus they dont have a reliable kicker. So no way they can repeat.

Never mind Pagano is at least equal to Fangio, HHCD is better than Amos, and Callahan was always injured. Plus you cant get worse than Parkey...

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Next week's anal ysis...the Bears lost Fangio, Amos, and Callahan. Plus they dont have a reliable kicker. So no way they can repeat.

Never mind Pagano is at least equal to Fangio, HHCD is better than Amos, and Callahan was always injured. Plus you cant get worse than Parkey...
and Shaheen is setting things up for a breakout Allpro season.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yea AND Cousins is gonna be the MVP of the SuperBowl

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
spartans still thinks that

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This isn't really a mind blowing prediction by JLC. The Vikings still have a good roster, couple games go their way and I could and it could happen. At the end of the day though, Cousins will be the downfall for that team. He'll come up just short in a Cutler-esque way. Division will be between Bears/Packers.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To the author, who's entitled his opinion & article to pay his bills...

tenor.gif

I am curious about the follow up article he alludes to. Dude admits Cousins may not ever be all that even.

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
Has LaCanfora ever had a positive word for the Bears?

Alpha

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh great another season I can't watch, see you guys in may 2020

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I can see the Bears losing more games and the division and actually still being a more dangerous team in the playoffs.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Bears got off to a shaky start while Pagano and the defense figure it out and then we get hot heading into the playoffs with the defense firing on all cylinders.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I can see the Bears losing more games and the division and actually still being a more dangerous team in the playoffs.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Bears got off to a shaky start while Pagano and the defense figure it out and then we get hot heading into the playoffs with the defense firing on all cylinders.

As good as the defense can & will be come playoff time, its on Trubs to make another leap. His improvement is more vital to the team.