Larry Borom

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
This is precisely the mentality that produced Charles Leno.

the bears need upgrades at guard, RT, LT, and center. One of the guys on the roster should step up and play better at center. Borom can be an upgrade at guard (maybe) as ifedi is just meh. They upgraded RT with the round 2 choice.

next year they need to find a solution to left tackle by either trading the future first or, or grab one in round 2. Borom is not going to solve the issue.
If you looked at who I was responding to, he was talking about Whitehair possibly losing his job.

I was saying that Whitehair could replace Leno because he might be BETTER than Leno at LT.

Seeing that next year's 1st round pick is already gone and this year's 2nd round pick has already been used, your choice is to wait until at least 2022 2nd round to find someone better than Leno.

Mine is to see any and all offensive linemen with some LT experience to have a chance of seeing if he is better than Leno.

Especially someone like Whitehair who might lose his spot because he is not a good center option and he might get pushed out of the starting lineup because there might be better guard options than him.

And the "this is precisely the mentality that produced Leno" is stupid as fuck.

Leno was a low-level lineman who ended up better than the crap available LT on the Bears. This was the best solution at the moment.

What sucked was that he was given the starting position with zero competition as he went from somewhat of a sleeper early on in his career to a turnstyle in recent years.

The correct solution, and exactly what I said, is to see if any offensive lineman is better than Leno as LT FOR 2021. If there is, Leno becomes a benchwarmer. When the 2022 draft comes along, the Bears can upgrade the LT position.

Bust

Liked Posts:
If you looked at who I was responding to, he was talking about Whitehair possibly losing his job.

I was saying that Whitehair could replace Leno because he might be BETTER than Leno at LT.

Whitehair looks like he doesn't have the wingspan to play LT.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Whitehair looks like he doesn't have the wingspan to play LT.
He already played some LT in college.

What has to be answered this season is if he would be a worse LT in 2021 than Leno.

Maybe Leno is better still. Maybe not. Leno has to be forced to earn his position. When was the last time that he was forced to earn his spot? When he first won his spot? Well, he is a lot worse now than he was then.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Regardless of who plays where, it is nice to think the Bears may have talent and depth at OL. That can be a very valuable commodity; especially late in the year.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Dan Pompei talked to a scout that had him as a second round talent. Another pegged him as a third.