Last January Mock Offseason

Antobears

Liked Posts:
Thanks Windy.

Think Freeman is worth keeping around depending on how the injury goes. Great player when fit to play.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
There are a lot of mock offseason posts linking the BEARS to Gano. Would CAR really let a solid K get away? Yes, there have been some good rookies (Elliott for PHI, Butker for KC), but everybody knows what happens when you've got the opposite. The BEARS were a great example of that this year. You end up with 3 different kickers throughout the season, all of whom suck.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Think Fuller will be closer to 4 years 53 million, 30 guaranteed.

That's a hell of a lot of money to invest in K.Fuller who even though he had a very good season still has some question marks. I hope it's closer to the contract Windy said....obviously.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
For someone who complains about Paces free agency signings, that mock free agency class is pretty bad considering this is make believe.

Yeah i'm with you on this, i like the draft and some cuts and re-signings but don't like the free agent signings as much as i do in the other mocks.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For someone who complains about Paces free agency signings, that mock free agency class is pretty bad considering this is make believe.

I don’t have an issue with signing multiple tier 2 free agents, just don’t sign shitty players.

I am not sure who you would add instead?

The add Sammy Watkins (Franchise), Jarvis Landry (way too much money), and Ansah (Franchise) are pointless exercises. This is going to be a rich and competitive market.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like Kush we still have him under contract for really cheap next season so I hope he stays and he played for the Chiefs under Andy Reid.

[video=youtube_share;pCKAQt_3gIQ]https://youtu.be/pCKAQt_3gIQ[/video]

He should stay, I hope he can get back from the injury.

The Bears are going to need 2 legit interior backups with how beat up Everyone is.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Fa f+ not one difference maker

Draft A. Allot of people won’t agree with a pass rusher in first but I think it’s becoming a no brainer

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are a lot of mock offseason posts linking the BEARS to Gano. Would CAR really let a solid K get away? Yes, there have been some good rookies (Elliott for PHI, Butker for KC), but you everybody knows what happens when you've got the opposite. The BEARS were a great example of that this year. You end up with 3 different kickers throughout the season, all of whom suck.

Santios from KC is worth chasing which I thought I read Pace wants to pursue.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The first time I read the title to this thread, I thought you meant it was your "Last YEARS January Mock Offseason". As if you wanted to look back and see what you got right, lol.

I might watch the Senior Bowl just for Davenport.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Not bad. Wouldn't hate it, though I'd hope and expect more from free agency at WR. Butler, Wilson and Burton would be nice adds in that they are young and still have some upside as receivers, but they have two 350 receiving seasons between them in 12 years. I'd want at least more of a sure thing somewhere. I don't think Pace wants everyone to know where he's going in the draft and the entire league would know one of the 1st 2 pick is going to be WR. And that puts a lot of pressure on Cam Meredith to be healthy and likely be the top WR in this scenario.

Also, I've been trying to figure out who Marquis Flowers is. LOL. His name is Trey Flowers. Marquis isn't even his real name. It's Robert. Really threw me off.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Davenport and Miller. Man, I would be thrilled with those selections.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I also like the signing of WR Butler from Dallas. He would be an underrated signing.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Enjoyed this mock, feels pretty well grounded. Just one problem.

Depth Chart
WR: Meredith, Miller, Wilson, Butler, Hamilton, White

I think we need to go into training camp with at least 6 WR's better and/or more reliable than White. Personally, I'm a fan of re-signing Wright/Inman for competition's sake and familiarity with Tru.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
Enjoyed this mock, feels pretty well grounded. Just one problem.

I think we need to go into training camp with at least 6 WR's better and/or more reliable than White. Personally, I'm a fan of re-signing Wright/Inman for competition's sake and familiarity with Tru.

we’re probably going into camp with tanner gentry again if that makes you feel a lil more comfortable

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Thanks Windy

Some of the same, Similarities and Alternatives below: -

Re-sign: Tom Compton (OL), Kendall Wright (WR), Lamarr Houston (OLB), Sam Acho (OLB),

Cut/Not re-sign: Mark Sanchez (QB), Daniel Brown (TE), Josh Sitton (OL), Mitch Unrein (DL), Prince Amukamara (CB),

FA:

Chase Daniel (QB), *Allen Robinson (WR), *Taylor Gabriel (WR), Trey Burton (TE), Andrew Norwell (OL),

David Irving (DE), **Shaquil Barrett (OLB) or Jeremiah Attaochu (OLB), Bashaud Breeland (CB), Nickell Robey-Coleman (CB)

Graham Gano (K)

* My alternative for Allen Robinson if Pace doesn't want to risk his injury history or if he gets more than a 1 year prove it deal elsewhere is your pick of Brice Butler. He has upside but I want a potential No.1 WR for Trubisky to target and Robinson fits the bill.

** Shaquill Barrett is actually a RFA so we'll have to wait and see if the Broncos let him walk (unlikely perhaps) but possible. He has huge upside though comes with an injury history. If Pace can't get him then Jeremiah Attaochu or Aaron Lynch as reclamation projects work for me. Whilst I like the idea of Trey Flowers I can't see how he can justify just over an $8m annual price tag at this stage in his career. If he is more in the $5-6m range then I'd be more open to it and in order to afford him the Bears could not sign Barrett or Lynch.

I want the extreme speed of Taylor Gabriel which Wilson doesn't possess. I also think that Meredith and Wright can man the slot position. It's actually Meredith's best position.

Draft:

[1] Marcus Davenport (OLB), [2] Christian Kirk (WR), [4] Duke Ejiofor (OLB), [4] Alex Cappa (OT), Jordan Wyatt (CB) [5] B J Hill, [6] Tyler Conklin (TE),

[7] Darrell Williams (RB)

Roster: -

QB: Mitch Trubisky + CHASE DANIEL (2)

RB: Jordan Howard, Tariq Cohen, + Benny Cunningham, Taquan Mizzell or DARRELL WILLIAMS (4)

WR: ALLEN ROBINSON, Cameron Meredith, CHRISTIAN KIRK, TAYLOR GABRIEL + Kendall Wright, Kevin White (6)

TE: Adam Shaheen, TREY BURTON + TYLER CONKLIN (3)

LT: Charles Leno Jr. + ALEX CAPPA (2)

LG: ANDREW NORWELL (1)

C: Cody Whitehair + Eric Kush (2)

RG: Kyle Long + Jordan Morgan (2)

RT: Bobby Massie + Tom Compton (2)

RE: DAVID IRVING + Jonathan Bullard (2)

NT: Eddie Goldman, B J HILL (2)

LE: Akiem Hicks, Roy Robertson-Harris (2)

OLB: Leonard Floyd, SHAQUILL BARRETT (RFA) OR JEREMIAH ATTAOCHU, Sam Acho (3)

ILB: Nick Kwaitkoski, Christian Jones (2)

ILB: Danny Trevathan, John Timu (2)

OLB: MARCUS DAVENPORT, Lamarr Houston, DUKE EJIOFOR (3)

CB: Kyle Fuller, BASHAUD BREELAND, NICKELL ROBEY-COLEMAN + Bryce Callahan, JORDAN WYATT, Sherrick McManis (6)

SS: Adrian Amos, Deon Bush (2)

FS: Eddie Jackson, Deiondre' Hall (2)

ST: Graham Gano (K), Pat O'Donnell (P), John Scales (LS) (3)

How about the above? Some definite changes but the roster is definitely upgraded. The Bears have the money in FA and a potential franchise QB and a new coaching staff to attract better talent.

If we could squeeze in another player or two in FA at areas where I feel the Bears need an upgrade then I'd consider Anthony Hitchens (ILB) or Navarro Bowman (ILB) and
Tre' Boston (FS). These are areas I haven't managed to upgrade in the draft either. The safety position needs better depth at the very least and I feel that if Trevathan isn't playing the Bears look lost at the position. Perhaps the experience of Bowman or maybe Hitchens to control the situation better would be useful.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know how it is possible but you somehow made our WR core get worse :(

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
nice job windy, im really pulling for butler, in nagy's scheme i think he'll breakout. only question mark i have is flowers gettin 8 mill per season seems pretty high for a guy that just started coming on after having done nothing prior to that.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Thanks Windy

Some of the same, Similarities and Alternatives below: -

Re-sign: Tom Compton (OL), Kendall Wright (WR), Lamarr Houston (OLB), Sam Acho (OLB),

Cut/Not re-sign: Mark Sanchez (QB), Daniel Brown (TE), Josh Sitton (OL), Mitch Unrein (DL), Prince Amukamara (CB),

FA:

Chase Daniel (QB), *Allen Robinson (WR), *Taylor Gabriel (WR), Trey Burton (TE), Andrew Norwell (OL),

David Irving (DE), **Shaquil Barrett (OLB) or Jeremiah Attaochu (OLB), Bashaud Breeland (CB), Nickell Robey-Coleman (CB)

Graham Gano (K)

* My alternative for Allen Robinson if Pace doesn't want to risk his injury history or if he gets more than a 1 year prove it deal elsewhere is your pick of Brice Butler. He has upside but I want a potential No.1 WR for Trubisky to target and Robinson fits the bill.

** Shaquill Barrett is actually a RFA so we'll have to wait and see if the Broncos let him walk (unlikely perhaps) but possible. He has huge upside though comes with an injury history. If Pace can't get him then Jeremiah Attaochu or Aaron Lynch as reclamation projects work for me. Whilst I like the idea of Trey Flowers I can't see how he can justify just over an $8m annual price tag at this stage in his career. If he is more in the $5-6m range then I'd be more open to it and in order to afford him the Bears could not sign Barrett or Lynch.

I want the extreme speed of Taylor Gabriel which Wilson doesn't possess. I also think that Meredith and Wright can man the slot position. It's actually Meredith's best position.

Draft:

[1] Marcus Davenport (OLB), [2] Christian Kirk (WR), [4] Duke Ejiofor (OLB), [4] Alex Cappa (OT), Jordan Wyatt (CB) [5] B J Hill, [6] Tyler Conklin (TE),

[7] Darrell Williams (RB)

Roster: -

QB: Mitch Trubisky + CHASE DANIEL (2)

RB: Jordan Howard, Tariq Cohen, + Benny Cunningham, Taquan Mizzell or DARRELL WILLIAMS (4)

WR: ALLEN ROBINSON, Cameron Meredith, CHRISTIAN KIRK, TAYLOR GABRIEL + Kendall Wright, Kevin White (6)

TE: Adam Shaheen, TREY BURTON + TYLER CONKLIN (3)

LT: Charles Leno Jr. + ALEX CAPPA (2)

LG: ANDREW NORWELL (1)

C: Cody Whitehair + Eric Kush (2)

RG: Kyle Long + Jordan Morgan (2)

RT: Bobby Massie + Tom Compton (2)

RE: DAVID IRVING + Jonathan Bullard (2)

NT: Eddie Goldman, B J HILL (2)

LE: Akiem Hicks, Roy Robertson-Harris (2)

OLB: Leonard Floyd, SHAQUILL BARRETT (RFA) OR JEREMIAH ATTAOCHU, Sam Acho (3)

ILB: Nick Kwaitkoski, Christian Jones (2)

ILB: Danny Trevathan, John Timu (2)

OLB: MARCUS DAVENPORT, Lamarr Houston, DUKE EJIOFOR (3)

CB: Kyle Fuller, BASHAUD BREELAND, NICKELL ROBEY-COLEMAN + Bryce Callahan, JORDAN WYATT, Sherrick McManis (6)

SS: Adrian Amos, Deon Bush (2)

FS: Eddie Jackson, Deiondre' Hall (2)

ST: Graham Gano (K), Pat O'Donnell (P), John Scales (LS) (3)

How about the above? Some definite changes but the roster is definitely upgraded. The Bears have the money in FA and a potential franchise QB and a new coaching staff to attract better talent.

If we could squeeze in another player or two in FA at areas where I feel the Bears need an upgrade then I'd consider Anthony Hitchens (ILB) or Navarro Bowman (ILB) and
Tre' Boston (FS). These are areas I haven't managed to upgrade in the draft either. The safety position needs better depth at the very least and I feel that if Trevathan isn't playing the Bears look lost at the position. Perhaps the experience of Bowman or maybe Hitchens to control the situation better would be useful.

You have 100Million worth of cornerbacks there. I'd imagine both Breeland and Fuller get 40-50Mil contracts. Coleman Robey probably another 20-30. Then Irving, Barrett, Norwell and Robinson are all going to get more money than the Bears will be able to afford.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
The first 3 picks of this draft I Would be thrilled with because the coaches we have.

Davenport- Physical Specimen who has produced despite being raw and with the Defensive coaching staff here for at least 2-3 more years hes a good fit.

Miller- Looks ideally suited for the system we run, can run from the slot and outside, stretch vertically and already runs good routes.. health is his only concern with me

Parker- Physically gifted and athletic, still needs to get stronger (most college lineman do) but he wont be thrust into the lineup and can spend this year getting stronger and learning from one of the best Oline coaches in the world.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
The Bears will have over $100m of cap space if they don't re-sign Amukamara. Marcus Cooper is also a cut as well. Robey-Coleman is a nickel corner at nickel corner money not $6m a season!

Fuller and Breeland will be in the $10-12m a season range so that's around $24m at the outside corner position. Admittedly that's a fair amount but CB would be upgraded and that's really the point for the Bears going into the 2018 season.

The Bears could live without Robey-Coleman though and keep Cre'von LeBlanc.

Robinson on a 1 year 'prove it deal' similar to Jeffrey at say $10m. Gabriel will be lucky to get $4m a season. Norwell will cost around $10m a season (maybe $12m) but you save close to $8m this upcoming year by cutting Sitton for a younger ascending player. Burton is not going to get more than Sims was on.

Barrett or Attaochu will not command more than $3m a season. Barrett has been injured and hasn't played that much behind Von Miller and Ware (when he played) and Attaochu has hardly played as he's in the wrong system. Houston will get just over the 1 year vet. Chase Daniel maybe $2-2.5mm a season. Irving could be in line for a decent deal and I am not quite sure where his market will be to be fair.

Apart from the re-signings of Goldman and Fuller who will cost money and perhaps Kendall Wright at a max of $4m a season, I am not sure why you don't think we can afford it? Brice Butler instead of Robinson? Would be cheaper.

This is the year for Pace to splurge on quality and if necessary run the salary cap close or be flexible with it.

I think the above makes the Bears contenders next season for the NFC North.