latest athletic mock draft

msadows

Liked Posts:
I thought jones was a lock to be the pick at #3?

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
If this happens, the rest of the draft falls into place for the Bears

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If the Bears get a quarterback and keep both their second round pick this year and their first round pick next year that's a pretty massive win. Sadly, I don't think it is realisitc.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
has the Bears moving up to 13 in a trade with the chargers for picks 20, 83, and a 2022 2nd round pick for Mac Jones, who obviously slid.

Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, and Lance are already gone at this point.

think it would be closer to this:

Bears send picks 20, 83 and a 2022 1st
Chargers send picks 13, and a 2021 3rd

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
think it would be closer to this:

Bears send picks 20, 83 and a 2022 1st
Chargers send picks 13, and a 2021 3rd
Unless my math is wrong the value in OP checks out according to the charts. even if the Bears over pay a tad that’s to be expected with the QB tax.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless my math is wrong the value in OP checks out according to the charts. even if the Bears over pay a tad that’s to be expected with the QB tax.
I would expect an slight overpay if one of the top 5 QB's is still on the board, I can also see pace willing to give up more valuable assets next year in exchange for losing less draft assets this year.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I would expect an slight overpay if one of the top 5 QB's is still on the board, I can also see pace willing to give up more valuable assets next year in exchange for losing less draft assets this year.
if he leaves this draft with no QB he won’t have a next year so he might as well give it away while he can

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Does anyone have the belief that the Bears or any team can win because of Mac Jones? I don’t see that potential.

For me it’s Justin Fields Plan A and B, Trey Lance is Plan C....huge gap Mac Jones.

I would be completely uninspired if it’s not Fields or Lance...but mainly Fields.

Yeah i think if you give M.Jones to Andy Reid and that Chiefs team and he can absolutely win. I think he could win with the Patriots and a couple other teams for sure.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I'd rather Pace not throw away future draft capital to cover his ass; especially for a non-spectacular QB. We fire him and Nagy after this season the new coach gonna fuck around and draft their own QB.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I'd be comfortable with the Bears not picking a QB at 20, especially if 5 are off the board.
problem is mills and mond might not be there at 52. you have to leave this draft with a QB if you’re Pace. Dalton and Foles will not save him.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
problem is mills and mond might not be there at 52. you have to leave this draft with a QB if you’re Pace. Dalton and Foles will not save him.
I would hope the Bears are making decisions based on whats best for the longterm health of franchise, and not whats best for Pace's career in the short term. But I hope, not necessarily believe.

msadows

Liked Posts:
only real lock is Lawrence at 1. the rest is a gamble.

I get it, but neither of those other top 3 teams have any incentive for lying about who they are picking.

I'm still assuming its 1)Lawrence, 2) Wilson for sure. 100%.

I'd also be shocked if SF doesn't take jones considering how much has been leaking about their interest towards him. It's not the move I'd make, but I get it. He's ready day 1 and the niners have a legit squad unlike the Jags/Jets. Jones could easily take them into the playoffs and have a much lesser learning curve than lance/fields.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I would hope the Bears are making decisions based on whats best for the longterm health of franchise, and not whats best for Pace's career in the short term. But I hope, not necessarily believe.
i do too, but you are speaking from the perspective of what you think should happen where i am coming from the perspective of what i think will happen.