Leatherwood gone

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He's been pretty bad, doesn't really fit the scheme. Poles only brought him in because he was a former first rounder, so you might strike gold.

I'm sure we can get a similar typa scrub from the waiver wire.
Taking on the contract on a bad OL that doesn't fit your scheme just because he's a first rounder... Poles is really cooking!
King Poles GIF - King Poles Ryan - Discover & Share GIFs

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
"People" losing their shit over the PJ Walker cut when it saves the Bears money and is more or less a worthless position to the BEars (Qb3), Leatherwood costs the Bears the same to keep or cut and plays positions of need. Although he plays those positions poorly and is one of the reasons they are positions of need in the first place. 7th round pick+ $5.9M over 2 years for 28 snaps of bad football isnt huge a deal, but its not a insignificant amount of assets either.

Edit: No pick.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought they said he was looking better last week, unsure how much he played yesterday. Guessing with their O-lin injuries, they must already have a target from other team's cuts.
He held his own the previous week and looked better than last year but tended to stay home in the scrum instead of getting upfield on runs. Without knowing his assignments it's difficult to fully judge these guys. Didn't watch line play from this Sat so no idea what he did.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
"People" losing their shit over the PJ Walker cut when it saves the Bears money and is more or less a worthless position to the BEars (Qb3), Leatherwood costs the Bears the same to keep or cut and plays positions of need. Although he plays those positions poorly and is one of the reasons they are positions of need in the first place. 7th round pick+ $5.9M over 2 years for 28 snaps of bad football isnt huge a deal, but its not a insignificant amount of assets either.
The Bears claimed Leatherwood. There was no 7th round pick involved.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Bears claimed Leatherwood. There was no 7th round pick involved.
I think he’s saying Harry was a sunk 7th round cost. Cunting about a 7th round pick is peak CCS

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Probably

If he doesn't fit the scheme this year, he didn't fit the scheme last year....an expensive flyer to strike gold when he could have signed him as a fa vs picking him and his contract up last year.

He's a former first rounder, they had waiver priority.

These are the type of moves you use your waiver priority for. Unfortunately, he didn't pan out for two teams now. The money doesn't matter since it was never going to be spent this year anyways.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I think he’s saying Harry was a sunk 7th round cost. Cunting about a 7th round pick is peak CCS
No just confused the cost to acquire Harry with claiming leatherwood. I think 7th round picks are almost worthless but the $5.9M would have been nice - for example maybed enough to outbid NE on Reiff so that OT depth isnt Borom - ???? - no one. I said in my post not a big deal but what the fuck else am i going to talk about until season starts.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No just confused the cost to acquire Harry with claiming leatherwood. I think 7th round picks are almost worthless but the $5.9M would have been nice - for example maybed enough to outbid NE on Reiff so that OT depth isnt Borom - ???? - no one. I said in my post not a big deal but what the fuck else am i going to talk about until season starts.

I get your point but it’s really a non-issue. Reiff is on his last legs. Borom can also play guard; but I would like a vet swing tackle added but not Reiff.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is actually a good sign...This roster is tougher to make the cut than last season's roster was.
And it’s a GM that’s not afraid to admit his mistakes