Leonard Floyd

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Floyd impacted the game positively on multiple plays yesterday. He actually bullrushed the LT into Russell Wilson on the Goldman sack. Floyd recovered a forced fumble showing toughness and due to his good coverage in the pass game was z factor in Wilson running the ball. He was actually a solid factor in containing the edge something he struggled with in the past.

He has improved and I can't wait to see him without the club

Monster

Liked Posts:
Copy that... I think Mack arriving has elevated the whole D...
Worth every penny.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Floyd impacted the game positively on multiple plays yesterday. He actually bullrushed the LT into Russell Wilson on the Goldman sack. Floyd recovered a forced fumble showing toughness and due to his good coverage in the pass game was z factor in Wilson running the ball. He was actually a solid factor in containing the edge something he struggled with in the past.

He has improved and I can't wait to see him without the club

Floyd has not been impressive for his high value. He constantly attacks long and late. The recovered fumble, which he trapped between his legs, is just being in the right place at the right time and never did anything to cause the fumble. The Goldman sack had absolutely nothing to do with Floyd pressure and more to due with Goldman and Russell holding the ball to long. He did throw the tackle to the ground, which is impressive, but the tackles leg was stuck under the pile.

Yeah he did have some okay plays and a few good ones but for Top 10 pick in his 3rd year with Mack on the opposite side everybody should expect more.

I’m not a Floyd hater but him, Fuller, and Amos have been the underwelming part of this great defense through two games. Let’s hope it changes fast.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Floyd has not been impressive for his high value. He constantly attacks long and late. The recovered fumble, which he trapped between his legs, is just being in the right place at the right time and never did anything to cause the fumble. The Goldman sack had absolutely nothing to do with Floyd pressure and more to due with Goldman and Russell holding the ball to long. He did throw the tackle to the ground, which is impressive, but the tackles leg was stuck under the pile.

Yeah he did have some okay plays and a few good ones but for Top 10 pick in his 3rd year with Mack on the opposite side everybody should expect more.

I’m not a Floyd hater but him, Fuller, and Amos have been the underwelming part of this great defense through two games. Let’s hope it changes fast.

Rewatch the play... the LT is standing at the goalline driven back about 6 yards by floyd..

Like most around here u are just parroting other peoples opinions

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
When Floyd does get pressure he is always long. The qb just steps up in the pocket to avoid. Seems to be a one trick pony and that trick is not very good. I thought Lynch was more disruptive last night. If Floyd can turn it up, this defense can be terrifying.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is a massive contingent of trolls that don't know dick about football or how to watch it. Just ignore em Chris.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Bad how? How many TEs have ate his lunch? Runners got outside containment? None

He cant finish his pass rush without his hand... he uses his hands because he uses his length

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Rewatch the play... the LT is standing at the goalline driven back about 6 yards by floyd..

Like most around here u are just parroting other peoples opinions

Still had nothing to do with the sack. Watch it again. Even if he MAY had something to do with someone else’s sack his play as been bad in totality of the circumstances.

They are parroting my opinion. I’ve been a critic of his play the last two years. I’m seeing a long rush that’s articulated and predictable. Try to keep up.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

You can't evaluate the game he had without mentioning where he was drafted, and you imply he did not "properly" recover the fumble he recovered?? I saw him pounce right on it, but apparently he recovered it with his legs? Did e get to keep possession?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
You can't evaluate the game he had without mentioning where he was drafted, and you imply he did not "properly" recover the fumble he recovered?? I saw him pounce right on it, but apparently he recovered it with his legs? Did e get to keep possession?

I’m not evaluating his play last night by draft value.

You don’t know how to use quotes.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Does anyone know when the club comes off?

Im not sure when it comes off but I have broken my hands over 10 times in my life and I can tell you that after every break it actually gets stronger at that specific point in the hand... Problem is is takes about 2 months to heal and about 5 months to really solidify before it feels normal again... Its likely the hand is regaining functionality and dexterity rapidly as time passes... its more or less preventative at this point.

he should feel ready by week 6 to get that thing off and im sure the docs will want him to proceed with caution until mid season...

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Floyd was fine, considering his primary responsibitilies. He's not going to be a primary pass rusher like Mack or Miller. He's a jack of all trades type OLB, who does well in space and can provide quality pass rush as well. His versatility is his biggest strength. That being said, his fractured hand is clearly hindering his ability to disengage from blockers. Until that hand heals up, he's not going to be able to provide a quality pass rush.

Wouldn't mind seeing more looks with Mack and Lynch as the edge guys. At least until Floyd heals up.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Does anyone know when the club comes off?

Len

As for the club, Floyd said it’s a game-by-game decision for when he might be able to play without it.

“I’ll talk to the trainers after this game and see if I can wear something else,” Floyd said. “I’m really just doing whatever they ask. Whatever they need me to wear, I’ll wear.”

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Floyd was fine, considering his primary responsibitilies. He's not going to be a primary pass rusher like Mack or Miller. He's a jack of all trades type OLB, who does well in space and can provide quality pass rush as well. His versatility is his biggest strength. That being said, his fractured hand is clearly hindering his ability to disengage from blockers. Until that hand heals up, he's not going to be able to provide a quality pass rush.

Wouldn't mind seeing more looks with Mack and Lynch as the edge guys. At least until Floyd heals up.

Thanks for posting something intelligent...

BearDovvn

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately Floyd seems to be another Mark Anderson. I'm rootin for the guy but at this point he's a one trick pony with just a speed rush.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Im not sure when it comes off but I have broken my hands over 10 times in my life and I can tell you that after every break it actually gets stronger at that specific point in the hand... Problem is is takes about 2 months to heal and about 5 months to really solidify before it feels normal again... Its likely the hand is regaining functionality and dexterity rapidly as time passes... its more or less preventative at this point.

he should feel ready by week 6 to get that thing off and im sure the docs will want him to proceed with caution until mid season...

Yikes... 10 times? Playing football... or? Ouch dude

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I'm 32 I broke it in wrestling when i was 10 started boxing and MMA when i was 15... I'm 32 now...

Let's just say I've landed some good ones, some bad ones and blocked some heavy hands...

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

sounds like you need a girlfriend...... j/k