Leonard Floyd

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Floyd was fine, considering his primary responsibitilies. He's not going to be a primary pass rusher like Mack or Miller. He's a jack of all trades type OLB, who does well in space and can provide quality pass rush as well. His versatility is his biggest strength. That being said, his fractured hand is clearly hindering his ability to disengage from blockers. Until that hand heals up, he's not going to be able to provide a quality pass rush.

Wouldn't mind seeing more looks with Mack and Lynch as the edge guys. At least until Floyd heals up.

I just have a feeling that Floyd will be used more as the decoy guy that ends up dropping back in coverage while a backer or corner blitzes. Its great if it works, but I would rather he just stick to getting in the backfield.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Rewatching the game, he is pretty disruptive. He's not getting home to the QB just yet, but it will happen. He was abusing the LT Duane Brown, whose pretty solid. I think Floyd will be just fine once his cast comes off. I'm thinking 7-8 sacks.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yikes... 10 times? Playing football... or? Ouch dude

Pretty sure Chris is a cagefighter. IIRC there's a youtube vid of him knocking some dude the **** out with one punch.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rewatching the game, he is pretty disruptive. He's not getting home to the QB just yet, but it will happen. He was abusing the LT Duane Brown, whose pretty solid. I think Floyd will be just fine once his cast comes off. I'm thinking 7-8 sacks.

All of these people bawwing about NardFlo being a non-factor have not watched the games as closely as they should be if they're going to be making such statements. He's playing quite well and when that club comes off he's literally been training to destroy ppl with his hands, and he'll literally have more than one hand when that club comes off. SMH.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
All of these people bawwing about NardFlo being a non-factor have not watched the games as closely as they should be if they're going to be making such statements. He's playing quite well and when that club comes off he's literally been training to destroy ppl with his hands, and he'll literally have more than one hand when that club comes off. SMH.

Exactly, and he's in a rotation with Acho and Lynch to keep him fresh. He's doing fine, his role honestly reminds me of Anthony Barr for Minnesota. Never has huge sack totals, but his impact is beyond numbers. Some people just expect Strahan sack numbers, those will start piling up in due time.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
People were calling for L Houston because they saw the 5 sacks he racked up....he did nothing to consistently bring pressure or to drive the pocket......Lynch has been able to move the pocket at times and cause redirection of the QB. Sacks are a part of the story.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
What do people think Floyd's main problem is, is it just a lack of mass?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
What do people think Floyd's main problem is, is it just a lack of mass?

He's a one trick pony, which is speed rushing on the outside. He doesn't have the frame to bulk up, so he can't really convert speed to power.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
He's a one trick pony, which is speed rushing on the outside. He doesn't have the frame to bulk up, so he can't really convert speed to power.

Might still be useful though because we have plenty of power guys. Hicks, Goldman, Mack, even Lynch.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Still had nothing to do with the sack. Watch it again. Even if he MAY had something to do with someone else’s sack his play as been bad in totality of the circumstances.

They are parroting my opinion. I’ve been a critic of his play the last two years. I’m seeing a long rush that’s articulated and predictable. Try to keep up.

Floyd did have to go up against the only legit o-lineman that Seattle has in Duane Brown who's a pretty damn good LT in the league while everyone else went up against bad o-lineman. Floyd still needs to play better but going up against D.Brown with a club on his hand is a tough job.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Another disappointing Floyd game. 1 assist tackle and I can’t remember a QB pressure. He continues to look slow and weak.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Another disappointing Floyd game. 1 assist tackle and I can’t remember a QB pressure. He continues to look slow and weak.

Horrible post. The very first play of the game was a run play where Flo pushed the blocker in to the RB.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
i am not judging floyd until he gets that cast off but i doubt he take a big step. I hope i am wrong

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Floyd has been a non-factor......he has performed worse than his first couple years so far...

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Bears have Mack on one side, and Floyd on the other.

Mack has been a force to say the least.

But if Floyd was such a nonfactor, why haven't teams run/thrown his way with great success?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears have Mack on one side, and Floyd on the other.

Mack has been a force to say the least.

But if Floyd was such a nonfactor, why haven't teams run/thrown his way with great success?

reiterate....he has been a non-factor in the pass rush.....generally what you need from an OLB

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
How bad has Ryan Pace been with 1st round draft picks? My god. Between White, Floyd, Trubisky, and Smith, will there be anyone in that group that'll turn out to be mediocre, let alone good?

White is a definite bust, Floyd showed flashes, but way too inconsistent and injury prone, Trubisky has been a complete abomination so far, and it's too early to say anything about Smith.

That is not good.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
How bad has Ryan Pace been with 1st round draft picks? My god. Between White, Floyd, Trubisky, and Smith, will there be anyone in that group that'll turn out to be mediocre, let alone good?

White...bad

Floyd.....looking at his career...better than mediocre

Trubisky....incomplete

Smith.....incomplete