LeSean McCoy: "The problem is, the wide receivers need a quarterback, not the quarterback needs weapons."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"The problem is, the wide receivers need a quarterback, not the quarterback needs weapons. It's the same results. Justin Fields is a tremendous athlete he's really, really good in fantasy football. We're talking about this real thing, they need to start treating him the same way y'all treat Zach Wilson."

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
"The problem is, the wide receivers need a quarterback, not the quarterback needs weapons. It's the same results. Justin Fields is a tremendous athlete he's really, really good in fantasy football. We're talking about this real thing, they need to start treating him the same way y'all treat Zach Wilson."

Loser

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

It literally took one game for almost everyone to change their minds on Justin Fields.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some of this has to be coaching and maybe too much 7 on 7 in camp. 2 things I didn't see from Fields, the confidence to let it fly to a guy early in a progression unless a key was involved nor skipping parts of a progression based on what he saw before the snap or early in the rep.

A lot of this has to be coaching and emphasis with a player that is trying very hard to stay in the system. At this point they may be better off telling him to just let er rip, and or call his own plays etc. He's playing like a pawn on chess board right now and he's not being moved by a master. He really looks like he's trying too hard to stay in system and his coaches aren't telling him how to short circuit progressions and are reinforcing the not making mistakes aspect of the position. He looks stifled and it's actually creating as many or more errors than just letting him roll. Biggest difference is that like this, you only get the errors and not the big plays/special he offers. In a big play league, you need to let a big play player eat.

All that said, I have no idea what's up behind the scenes and Fields may just not have it but I suspect there's more to this story than Justin being gun shy early in his progressions on his own.

Last edited:

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yeah, it couldn't possibly be because I'm right.

Enjoy 16 more games of him not knowing WTF he's doing.
You are also the type who attempts to get attention by reacting as strongly as possible.

You could be right, who knows. But we are one game into the third year of a young man's career. Relax, and watch to see if he grows into the QB he needs to be, instead of focusing on being as negative as possible.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shady has never liked Fields to be fair.
and I don't blame anyone for being for or against any drafted QB. It's just hard to know or 1/2 the 1st round QBs picked by the most qualified evaluators wouldn't be busts. Big part of why I laugh at know it alls like backtits.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You are also the type who attempts to get attention by reacting as strongly as possible.

You could be right, who knows. But we are one game into the third year of a young man's career. Relax, and watch to see if he grows into the QB he needs to be, instead of focusing on being as negative as possible.
I'm not trying to get any sort of attention. If I craved attention I would engage with the troop of posters that I otherwise have on ignore like some other people on here.

Fields is done and at the most basic level and that's fine. It's also fine that they didn't feel comfortable replacing him with one of the three QBs drafted in the first round this year and instead chose to trade back and avoid them.

I think Ryan Poles should probably get his own chance to draft his own QB at least that's my opinion right now. But if this team continues to play or plays most of its games like they did on Sunday then I wouldn't be disappointed with them doing the Phil Emery Marc Trestman firing scenario again after two years. Yeah Emery got three but there's nothing other than the Moore trade (which was an obvious move to make) that says Poles has significantly upgraded this roster.

Justin Jones Nate Davis Chase Claypool Lucas Patrick and the two rookie classes are meh.

Jaquan Brisker is inconsistent, he flashes once every four games but otherwise is a non factor. His growth curve will be interesting to watch this year. Same with Gordon there are some signs but is there anything that says he'll be dominant?

This team lacks a major IMPACT player an overall tone setter. There's a bunch of guys that could go either way.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh hell in the offseason I will hype up my QB.

I believe my actual prediction was 3500 in the air and 1000 on the ground, and there is no reason that that cannot still be in play.
It’s only one game but that’s exactly what he’s on schedule for currently.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
This team lacks a major IMPACT player an overall tone setter. There's a bunch of guys that could go either way.
I will point out that this is very very true but also, I think, another way of talking about how this defense lacks impact linemen. I was hoping that a healthy Jenkins was the type to punch someone in the mouth and set the tone for a rough-and-tumble game. Wright may in fact be a tone setter an I am excited to see what he can do over the next few years.

This defense lacks the ability to rush my grandma out of the pocket. Struggling lines lead to a lot of problems downstream.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I will point out that this is very very true but also, I think, another way of talking about how this defense lacks impact linemen. I was hoping that a healthy Jenkins was the type to punch someone in the mouth and set the tone for a rough-and-tumble game. Wright may in fact be a tone setter an I am excited to see what he can do over the next few years.

This defense lacks the ability to rush my grandma out of the pocket. Struggling lines lead to a lot of problems downstream.

Losing Jenkins is huge.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Shocking that Lesean McCoy would say something like that considering he bashes Fields regularly no matter what the situation is. Lol.

Bust

Liked Posts:

Bears have the worst qb in the division. They really do

#OHIOSTATE DOING #OHIOSTATE THANGS

Status
Not open for further replies.