Lets Play A Game ( Tony Campana )

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
No he won't. He says he'll do the same shit to the vets but he doesn't. He just wants to get on Castro's ass all the time and it drives me nuts. Leave the kid alone. He's improving a lot and his D looks solid for about 2 months now. I love it. He's the only bright spot for the Cubs, for the most part.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Castro should be between 3rd and 2nd base in the outfield barney should be at 2nd marshall should be backing up home Pena should be backing up by the pitching mound and Byrd should be backing up 2nd base from left field Center just backs up the left fielder

I think this is right, but since it's Campana's arm I think the strategy needs to be modified to have the throw go towards third instead of second. But Barney should definitely have stayed at 2B. Not sure WTF happened there :lol:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Next question...based on the limited views we have in this replay, did Campana have enough time to see that NOBODY was covering 2B and thus could stop his throwing motion?

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Next question...based on the limited views we have in this replay, did Campana have enough time to see that NOBODY was covering 2B and thus could stop his throwing motion?

NO, unless he woulda change his throw in the nmotion of throwing. And could of possibly injured his arm. But it was all in one motion as he had his mind set on throwing to 2B before he got the ball. Which is actually good to do.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
NO, unless he woulda change his throw in the nmotion of throwing. And could of possibly injured his arm. But it was all in one motion as he had his mind set on throwing to 2B before he got the ball. Which is actually good to do.

Fair enough. I think he should've fired to whoever was cutting off though. So it is entirely possible that this is Darwin Barney's fault and not Campana's, but Campana probably overthrew the cutoff man anyway and had no chance whatsoever to get the out at 2B. So poor defense all around. I can live with that.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if you had a LF with a good arm, the play should definitely be to 2B/cutoff. The Cubs probably just knew that Campana had noodle-arm and thus set up to receive the throw at 3B and conceded the double. Guess Campana didn't get the memo, and unless Quade actually talks about this play during postgame, we'll never know. I still contend that the throw was stupid, but it's not just Campana at fault here. Even though the potentially bad defense would have started with him.