Lightfoot trying to get the Bears to stay??

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
A new franchise starts out as second fiddle until it starts winning. The Bears are going to piss off a lot of people with this move, give them a winning alternative and they'll take it. And the Bears are nowhere near powerful enough to prevent it, especially when the city starts aggressively finding a new tenant for Soldier Field.

You can't make this "business first" argument that revenue sharing NFL owners are only in it for the money in one breath and then in the next say they'll keep a franchise in Jacksonville instead of downtown fucking Chicago just out of loyalty to the McCaskeys.
Can we focus on getting a team in NYC or LA before Chicago!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
back to the bookshelf resentment lol

He said booksheld. I've never heard of this before. Might be a new boomer invention!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Like I'm supposed to believe a guy hopelessly addicted to the internet actually has the patience to read books, or do much else than just sit in front of a screen.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
As much as I hate the Cubs I can't deny that Wrigley Field is very much located within the City of Chicago.

And the Decatur Staleys are beyond ancient. By the time even the NFL existed they had already moved to Chicago. Halas bought them, moved them to Chicago. It's all part of the franchise lore (lore they would be destroying by moving to Arlington Heights).
No, it would just be another event in that lore.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I wonder how he feels about USC & UCLA joining the Big 10. I'm sure his head exploded.
Heard those two are going to be in trouble because they didn't talk with the state before they did it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My wife and I are saving for a South American vacation. We want to see Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, and Peru. We're not sure about Uruguay and Paraguay. What do you think @Montucky??

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Are we glossing over the fact that Tucky has joined forces with the almighty Lori Lightfoot to pwn Bears fans from an enjoyable stadium experience, reduced hot dog lines and less traffic?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Are we glossing over the fact that Tucky has joined forces with the almighty Lori Lightfoot to pwn Bears fans from an enjoyable stadium experience, reduced hot dog lines and less traffic?
What a libcuck.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
My wife and I are saving for a South American vacation. We want to see Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, and Peru. We're not sure about Uruguay and Paraguay. What do you think @Montucky??
If I were you I would start in Buenos Aires, work my way up through Cordoba and Salta and then go into Bolivia. Do Bolivia's gringo circuit starting in Tupiza and culminating in Sucre. Then fly Sucre -> La Paz and do your Lake Titicaca stuff all on the Bolivian side (the Puno stuff is pretty inauthentic and expensive, and Copacabana/Isla del Sol are the headliners anyways). Bolivia is worth the $160USD visa, just make sure you have all the requirements.

Pick up Peru's gringo circuit in Arequipa, there are direct buses from Puno. The Peruvian coastal stuff in Ica, Huacachina and Paracas is all skippable. Fly Cusco -> Lima, spend a few days in the capital, then fly to Iquitos. Weird town, worth a couple days, but take the fast ferry to the triple frontier and do your jungle stuff out Leticia. Better prices, more charming town and better quality stuff. If you have time jut into Colombia. If you really have time or money left over Rio de Janeiro was the overall highlight of our trip, but Brazil honestly is its own trip.

I didn't do it quite this way, but if I had the chance to do it over that's how I'd have gone. Or just spent more time in Brazil, but Brazil really spoke to me personally.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If I were you I would start in Buenos Aires, work my way up through Cordoba and Salta and then go into Bolivia. Do Bolivia's gringo circuit starting in Tupiza and culminating in Sucre. Then fly Sucre -> La Paz and do your Lake Titicaca stuff all on the Bolivian side (the Puno stuff is pretty inauthentic and expensive, and Copacabana/Isla del Sol are the headliners anyways). Bolivia is worth the $160USD visa, just make sure you have all the requirements.

Pick up Peru's gringo circuit in Arequipa, there are direct buses from Puno. The Peruvian coastal stuff in Ica, Huacachina and Paracas is all skippable. Fly Cusco -> Lima, spend a few days in the capital, then fly to Iquitos. Weird town, worth a couple days, but take the fast ferry to the triple frontier and do your jungle stuff out Leticia. Better prices, more charming town and better quality stuff. If you have time jut into Colombia. If you really have time or money left over Rio de Janeiro was the overall highlight of our trip, but Brazil honestly is its own trip.

I didn't do it quite this way, but if I had the chance to do it over that's how I'd have gone. Or just spent more time in Brazil, but Brazil really spoke to me personally.
I know you might say this is a coddled American view, but I'm not sure I could ever enjoy Brazil or Colombia because I'd be worried about our safety.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I know you might say this is a coddled American view, but I'm not sure I could ever enjoy Brazil or Colombia because I'd be worried about our safety.
Fair enough. I'd disagree that they're more dangerous than Peru, since FARC is no less a thing of the past than Sandero Luminoso and Brazil feels pretty much European. But its not without merit to be worried.

I will say Leticia is not like the rest of Colombia at all, and if you are intent on going into the Amazon it is by far the nicest city in the region. So even if you're wary of Colombia you shouldn't really lump Leticia in, and in fact its worth going out of your way to get there if you are going to do anything in the jungle. Iquitos was fun as a novelty but the other jungle towns we went to were pig disgusting shitholes that nauseated even me, and I have a high tolerance for that kind of place.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
You know if he listens to that he'll avoid making some mistakes I made and save some money and time. Or he could choose to be bitter, weird and inexplicably keen to deny I went anywhere, like its some big fucking deal I went to Peru, Bolivia and Brazil. Doesn't really do a good job clouding your jealousy (don't even understand the impulse to be jealous, but whatever).

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You know if he listens to that he'll avoid making some mistakes I made and save some money and time. Or he could choose to be bitter, weird and inexplicably keen to deny I went anywhere, like its some big fucking deal I went to Peru, Bolivia and Brazil. Doesn't really do a good job clouding your jealousy (don't even understand the impulse to be jealous, but whatever).
You’re still yapping go take a break