Lightfoot trying to get the Bears to stay??

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I know you might say this is a coddled American view, but I'm not sure I could ever enjoy Brazil or Colombia because I'd be worried about our safety.

Colombia ain't so bad. Been there, didn't feel unsafe ever. My only regret is I went while I was married. Should have gone in my college years, they love the gringos

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Packers play in a roadside town in northern Wisconsin and make the playoffs every year, the Cheifs couldn't even raise a hundred and fifty million to put a dome on Arrowhead and they crush it, the Steelers and Ravens are model franchises and both are cold weather towns that have no delusions about ever hosting a Super Bowl, Philadelphia will never host a Super Bowl yet they won one pretty recently. The idea that shorter lines for hot dog, creating football Disneyland, playing in a dome or hosting two teams other than the Bears in the Super Bowl once this century makes any sort of on-field difference is a dumb argument.

The successful cold weather cities play outside. Its an advantage that almost all of them except for the Bears and Browns have managed to capitalize on late in the season. If you want to model the outstanding success of the domed Lions and Vikings go ahead.
What about maximizing revenue can you not get through your bald head?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've heard talk of the Bears in negotiations with the same people that built Allegiant Stadium. That is neither a open-air stadium or a retractable roof stadium. It's semi-translucent, meaning it let's some light in, but it is a domed stadium.

I will not go near a stadium in Arlington Heights for Packers Bears games that is not a fully open-air stadium. Even a retractable roof is a deal breaker for me. What, you are going to close the roof when it gets cold, rains, or snows? Seriously Bears?

I know some Bears fans have said to me: "Oh, come on, do you really think they wouldn't have a open-air stadium for Bears football?" Yes, I really do think that is very much possible, if not probable.

Won't catch me near it. Just like I have never gone near that joke of a stadium in Minnie.

There is a reason the Packers spend 17 mill+ every year on the upkeep of Lambeau. That doesn't include the bigger upgrade projects, including the project going on now which is 30% done, and is a over 200 million dollar project that will be completed for the start of the 2023 season.

Lambeau Field will never die!

OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!
You’re an idiot.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Then figure out something on the current site. Preferably where they still play outdoors, but I think I could get used to a dome. I cannot get used to them playing outside the city, and I will take the first chance I get to switch allegiances to a team who actually does play in Chicago.

sweet, even shorter lines for hotdogs then.. let all the weak fans jump ship. when that desolate arlington town gets hit by snow, wont it remind you of antarctica? no place like home mang.

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Colombia ain't so bad. Been there, didn't feel unsafe ever. My only regret is I went while I was married. Should have gone in my college years, they love the gringos

Yes... crossbreed Columbian and Russian chicks...

Bust

Liked Posts:
Game Set and Match Boyz . . .decision final

It's even on paper. 2026 Bears open at their new digs in Arlington, #woah
"As part of our mutual agreement with the seller of that property, we are not pursuing alternative stadium deals or sites, including renovations to Soldier Field, while we are under contract."

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
You wrote "one that is capable of delivering a modern game day experience for fans", what does that mean? I thought people were going to watch a football game?

Going to a modern sporting event isn't just about the actual game, anymore. It's about an experience. That experience includes other amenities that I mentioned earlier, including bars, restaurants, live sports betting, giant screen televisions, enormous party suites, These types of amenities creates additional revenue steams and they also attract fans to your stadium even when your team stinks. To a large degree, this is why the Cubs have been able to fill up Wrigley all these years. The product has mostly sucked but the experience that Wrigleyville offers, including all the bars, eateries, a party like atmosphere and a historic and quaint stadium makes the area a destination in of itself, regardless of how good the team is.

I agree the focus should be the product on the field but unfortunately that's not the world we live in anymore.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
As much as I hate the Cubs I can't deny that Wrigley Field is very much located within the City of Chicago.

And the Decatur Staleys are beyond ancient. By the time even the NFL existed they had already moved to Chicago. Halas bought them, moved them to Chicago. It's all part of the franchise lore (lore they would be destroying by moving to Arlington Heights).
Franchise lore lol ? ? ? ?