Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Trade with the Bears......why not.
I would. This is Ryan “get fleeced” Pace we are talking about. Detroit can get a haul of draft picks and Pace would make the Bears worse. Win-Win for a division rival.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I would. This is Ryan “get fleeced” Pace we are talking about. Detroit can get a haul of draft picks and Pace would make the Bears worse. Win-Win for a division rival.

This is such a stupid narrative. If Justin Fields is there at 7 then give the Lions whatever they want. Fields is going to be an elite NFL QB and the second best QB in this draft. They should keep swinging for the fences and honestly I wouldn't be shocked at all if they give up multiple first round picks to move up, and they should.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
If Pace was willing to sell the farm for Wilson why wouldn't he do the same for a shot at a top rookie QB. What has Pace got to lose his job.......it is lost anyway if he does not make a splash in the draft and he has to put out the same garbage offense we have seen in the last two years.

I hate the fact the Bears did not just clean house and fire Pace/Nagy, because Pace is now in a WTF situation in regards to Chicago's future.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Interesting that the Lions aren't interested in any of the elite non-QB talents of this draft. Penei Sewell and Kyle Pitts are big-time talents, guys who would contend for first overall in years without this kind of quarterback bounty available. They both could feasibly be available at seventh, so either the Lions aren't drinking the Kool Aid or the Lions don't think either will be around at seventh.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Interesting that the Lions aren't interested in any of the elite non-QB talents of this draft. Penei Sewell and Kyle Pitts are big-time talents, guys who would contend for first overall in years without this kind of quarterback bounty available. They both could feasibly be available at seventh, so either the Lions aren't drinking the Kool Aid or the Lions don't think either will be around at seventh.
I would say the Lions are in a complete re-build and are more interested in getting a haul for the future than any single player.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

I'd argue that Ja'Marr chase will go before Pitts. Cincinnati SHOULD draft Chase because of the chemistry between him and Burrow.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'd argue that Ja'Marr chase will go before Pitts. Cincinnati SHOULD draft Chase because of the chemistry between him and Burrow.
I think there is a good chance the Bengals go with first-overall quality left tackle to protect their quarterback. They might have this mindset though with Chase. This is part of the reason Pitts might faller much further than he would in most drafts, all he has to is make it past Atlanta and Miami and he's there at seventh overall.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I would say the Lions are in a complete re-build and are more interested in getting a haul for the future than any single player.
I get that strategy but here's a chance to get an elite talent under a seventh overall contract for the next four years. Seems silly for even a rebuilding squad to pass that up, everyone needs elite talent.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Anybody have an idea of what it'd cost for us to go from 20 to 7? I'm thinking 3 1st rounders and a 2nd, at least.

I don't think Fields will be there at 7: it'll be either Jones or Lance.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Anybody have an idea of what it'd cost for us to go from 20 to 7? I'm thinking 3 1st rounders and a 2nd, at least.

If Atlanta goes quarterback the price of seventh overall goes down significantly.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
If Atlanta goes quarterback the price of seventh overall goes down significantly.
I’d say the opposite would be true. There would be just 1 of the top 5 QBs left and still teams who need a QB. Bidding war.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
This is such a stupid narrative. If Justin Fields is there at 7 then give the Lions whatever they want. Fields is going to be an elite NFL QB and the second best QB in this draft. They should keep swinging for the fences and honestly I wouldn't be shocked at all if they give up multiple first round picks to move up, and they should.

are you sure he’s going to be “elite”?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I’d say the opposite would be true. There would be just 1 of the top 5 QBs left and still teams who need a QB. Bidding war.
Yeah but the fifth best quarterback in this draft will naturally draw fewer suitors than the choice between the fourth and fifth best quarterback in this draft.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

lol 3 1st and a 2nd....no!

swap the 1st and the value drops to 750 points.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
No one is sure any of these quarterbacks are going to be elite, only that one or two could be. Odds say there will be at least one or more busts in those top five.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
lol 3 1st and a 2nd....no!

swap the 1st and the value drops to 750 points.
Closer to what the 9ers gave up firsts this year and 2022,2023 plus a 2022 third round pick. To be honest that may be a fleece job, but I think Pace would give that up in a heartbeat.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Yeah but the fifth best quarterback in this draft will naturally draw fewer suitors than the choice between the fourth and fifth best quarterback in this draft.
Some desperate teams out there looking for a QB.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

I've watched every Ohio State game pretty much ever and yeah, I'd be surprised if he isn't really good to elite. He reads defenses at a high level, and is extremely accurate, not to mention his mobility.

I also really like Jaime Newman in the later rounds.