Lions looking to trade back from #7

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Atlanta goes quarterback the price of seventh overall goes down significantly.
Atlanta would be better served to trade out of their pick (Bronco's would be ideal) and then draft Lance. This assumes SF go's Jones @ 3.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If Pace was willing to sell the farm for Wilson why wouldn't he do the same for a shot at a top rookie QB. What has Pace got to lose his job.......it is lost anyway if he does not make a splash in the draft and he has to put out the same garbage offense we have seen in the last two years.

I hate the fact the Bears did not just clean house and fire Pace/Nagy, because Pace is now in a WTF situation in regards to Chicago's future.
Ummm.....perhaps because Wilson is a proven NFL star QB, and rookie QBs are not?

I, too, hope he takes a swing at a QB in the draft, but I have seen a few people ask this same question as if a proven commodity and an unproven draftee are the same thing. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of examples of "sure things" that were anything but.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Anybody have an idea of what it'd cost for us to go from 20 to 7? I'm thinking 3 1st rounders and a 2nd, at least.

I don't think Fields will be there at 7: it'll be either Jones or Lance.
I would not want the Bears to give up aything more than one pick for Lance. Jones will be gone, and I am ok with that, too.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
How often do these draft day trades happen between teams in the same division?
Extraordinarily rare for them to involve draft picks. Though it does happen, the Lions and Vikings had a draft day ten or so years ago.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bears traded with Minnesota last year. Granted, that was day 3 picks though

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Why would the Lions trade with a team in their division when they would most likely use that pick on a QB that they'll have to face twice a year?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why would the Lions trade with a team in their division when they would most likely use that pick on a QB that they'll have to face twice a year?

Because it's the Lions. That said, this won't happen

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I'd argue that Ja'Marr chase will go before Pitts. Cincinnati SHOULD draft Chase because of the chemistry between him and Burrow.
Cincinnati would be dumb not to take the top T available and protect burrow after what happened last year. His weapons are decent already but that oline is awful and needs to be addressed

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Cincinnati would be dumb not to take the top T available and protect burrow after what happened last year. His weapons are decent already but that oline is awful and needs to be addressed
Agreed. Especially with a deep WR class.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
This is such a stupid narrative. If Justin Fields is there at 7 then give the Lions whatever they want. Fields is going to be an elite NFL QB and the second best QB in this draft. They should keep swinging for the fences and honestly I wouldn't be shocked at all if they give up multiple first round picks to move up, and they should.
If he’s going to be the second best QB in this draft then why would the Jets, or other teams, then be passing on him?

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
If he’s going to be the second best QB in this draft then why would the Jets, or other teams, then be passing on him?

When is the last time the Jets drafted a great QB? I don't think Fields is going to last beyond pick 4 and if SF goes all in on Mac Jones, they will be the next Chicago passing on Mahomes/Watson.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
When is the last time the Jets drafted a great QB? I don't think Fields is going to last beyond pick 4 and if SF goes all in on Mac Jones, they will be the next Chicago passing on Mahomes/Watson.
Truth be told, Lynch looked worse than Pace. Drafted a DL at 3 who busted, a LB who’s is a head case, and over paid for Jimmy G. They could have taken Mahomes that year also.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Truth be told, Lynch looked worse than Pace. Drafted a DL at 3 who busted, a LB who’s is a head case, and over paid for Jimmy G. They could have taken Mahomes that year also.
Key difference, the 49ers have a very good head coach and invest heavily on the offensive line as a matter of organisational principle. They suffered an absolutely historic rash of injuries last year, had they been even somewhat healthy they probably would've been to outperform both the Bears and Cardinals pretty easily.

They seem to be aware of their quarterback deficiency and are going to proactively do something about it. I'm a little jealous, to be honest.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Key difference, the 49ers have a very good head coach and invest heavily on the offensive line as a matter of organisational principle. They suffered an absolutely historic rash of injuries last year, had they been even somewhat healthy they probably would've been to outperform both the Bears and Cardinals pretty easily.

They seem to be aware of their quarterback deficiency and are going to proactively do something about it. I'm a little jealous, to be honest.
No argument here on that. I wish we had Shannahan here. I wish Pace invested heavily in the OL and QB through the draft. I was merely responding to the whole Pace got fleeced by Lynch narrative, which, in that specific case, he didn’t.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
No argument here on that. I wish we had Shannahan here. I wish Pace invested heavily in the OL and QB through the draft. I was merely responding to the whole Pace got fleeced by Lynch narrative, which, in that specific case, he didn’t.
Oh yeah, I agree absolutely. The issue with that move was the player they took and the way they developed him, not the trade-up.

Myrradah

Liked Posts:
If Pace was willing to sell the farm for Wilson why wouldn't he do the same for a shot at a top rookie QB. What has Pace got to lose his job.......it is lost anyway if he does not make a splash in the draft and he has to put out the same garbage offense we have seen in the last two years.

I hate the fact the Bears did not just clean house and fire Pace/Nagy, because Pace is now in a WTF situation in regards to Chicago's future.

eesh seriously? One is known commodity and proven. One is speculative. No matter how much p[raise is heaped on, you just dont know for sure versus Wilson where you know for sure.