Lions looking to trade back from #7

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
it will tell us a lot about Pace's contract if he trades future firsts but it sure is strange that Ed can't just be honest w/ everyone at press conferences

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I’d like to see Chicago take two awesome tackles in first and second and then draft a qb early next year

If we overpay this year we will be giving our awesome draft picks next year to someone else.

only shorty organizations overpay for anyone!

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
The truth is pace’s record is so bad regarding qb’s that odds are highly in favor of his pick sucking!!!!

DB012031

Liked Posts:
No argument here on that. I wish we had Shannahan here. I wish Pace invested heavily in the OL and QB through the draft. I was merely responding to the whole Pace got fleeced by Lynch narrative, which, in that specific case, he didn’t.

I am so torn on Shanahan...Would I take him over Nagy, absolutely, but not because of his record, because i believe his decision making and offensive scheming is light-years better.

BUT....If you look at the numbers, outside of the SB year, he has won 6, 4 and 6 games. Yes, lots of injuries last year, but its also clear (IMO) that SanFran may have drastically overachieved the SB year too.

Think about this....Nagy has 1 less win than Shanahan, and that's with 1 less YEAR of coaching....All Nagy has to do is win 2 games next year, he will have a better record....Its just interesting when you break down the numbers..

DB012031

Liked Posts:
I’d like to see Chicago take two awesome tackles in first and second and then draft a qb early next year

If we overpay this year we will be giving our awesome draft picks next year to someone else.

Keep in mind, next years QB draft is currently slated to be one of the worst in several years. Right now, the best QB is currently Howell out of North Carolina. Lawrence, Wilson, Fields and Lance would easily be the #1 QB next year.

My point is, if they have the opportunity to get one of those 4 via trade this year, they need to do it because next year is NOT the year any team wants to be needing to draft a QB in the First Round.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
7 is an interesting number, if you look at the draft charts. 1500 points.

The Bears 1st and 2nd are worth a combined 1230. That gets us fairly close.

If the Lions are looking to get chart value (and they probably are not, and want a crazy price), then we could get there somewhat affordably.

Chances are they want multiple firsts and they can kiss our ass for that value. But if they want something close to the chart value the Bears could certainly get there and not break the bank.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Hey! You're still alive!!

Congrats

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
eesh seriously? One is known commodity and proven. One is speculative. No matter how much p[raise is heaped on, you just dont know for sure versus Wilson where you know for sure.
What you say is true, but you also have to take into account that we are talking about Pace. The word desperation comes up when you are talking about the Bears, Pace, and the quarterback situation. I have little doubt he would give a similar trade to move up and get one of the top QB prospects.