Lions to interview Louis Riddick Friday

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Don't think you get him unless you keep Nagy because they are friends.

If the Bears think Riddick is the real deal, you may weirdly enough have a leg up on all those other teams on bringing him in despite the QB situation because you have Nagy.

If Riddick thinks Nagy is actually a good coach and that Pace is the problem, I'd be willing to roll the dice with them on a potential long term pairing with him and Nagy getting an extension so they're tied together.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

If the Bears think Riddick is the real deal, you may weirdly enough have a leg up on all those other teams on bringing him in despite the QB situation because you have Nagy.

If Riddick thinks Nagy is actually a good coach and that Pace is the problem, I'd be willing to roll the dice with them on a potential long term pairing with him and Nagy getting an extension so they're tied together.
If Riddick wants Nagy then let him take another job and bring Nagy with him.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

he hasn’t been in the league since 2013 i don’t think he’s waiting around for a friend

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
If Riddick wants Nagy then let him take another job and bring Nagy with him.

If Riddick is viewed as the top GM candidate on the market and he tells them he thinks Nagy is a good coach with Pace/Trubisky being the problem, that wouldn't change your perception of Nagy?

I'm ready for them all to go but if Riddick is viewed as the best football mind available and willing to hitch his wagon to Nagy over other much better situations available that would definitely change my view of him.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the decision has already been made to get rid of pace and the bears r just waiting for the season to end so they don’t hurt paces feelings, they’re making a huge mistake.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
If Riddick is viewed as the top GM candidate on the market and he tells them he thinks Nagy is a good coach with Pace/Trubisky being the problem, that wouldn't change your perception of Nagy?

I'm ready for them all to go but if Riddick is viewed as the best football mind available and willing to hitch his wagon to Nagy over other much better situations available that would definitely change my view of him.
Nope, Nagy is a problem and needs to go. I don’t want another GM who overlooks that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the decision has already been made to get rid of pace and the bears r just waiting for the season to end so they don’t hurt paces feelings, they’re making a huge mistake.
I agree with you in that Louis Riddick is a leap beyond any other candidate or really football person I have heard speak. His intelligence and perspective make him qualified for any job in football.

One of the very few TV personalities or Journalists I hang on every word I respect their intelligence so much.

Multiple intelligences. Perspective. Context. Football knowledge applied. Big picture. He is nuanced and has the wisdom to observe his own ego and mistakes.

Riddick is the real deal. Pace is a good boy and fantastic lap dog and media darling. But Riddick is the real deal.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Riddick has the perspective and wisdom of Michael Wilbon, the competitive genius motivation of a bill parcels, and the tactical savvy of a guy like Sean Payton in terms of coalescing 53 moving parts into a functional tactical team.

I've always wondered why he wasn't a GM, he is a mastermind, almost too smart for the day to day of a head coach.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t understand the nation wide hard on for riddick, did I miss something?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t understand the nation wide hard on for riddick, did I miss something?
In a world full of morons speaking and thinking they are adding anything while they only nauseate and force bitten tongues as the collection of dung heap spews forth in ever greater volumes....some with nuts, some with seeds..some discolored ooze...

in this world Riddick stands out like an oasis and I want to drink sense w/reason.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hes a talking head who specializes in hindsight. Just because he can call a smooth game on TV when you are all drunk doesn't mean shit. Seems like a nice guy, but my wife seems 20 lbs lighter when I'm three drinks in too.

Pass.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I think George is waiting to see the results of the rematch with the Packers and what the overall records is. Definitely not doing any firing mid season.

He let Trestman have a Jerry Springer locker room with back to back 50 pt losses to the Packers & Patriots. The worst defense in the entire history of the Chicago Bears. So a 6 game losing streak followed by a big win against a shit team isn't gonna suddenly cross any lines with ownership.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I thought they had learned from the Matt Millen hire...guess not

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Riddick has the perspective and wisdom of Michael Wilbon, the competitive genius motivation of a bill parcels, and the tactical savvy of a guy like Sean Payton in terms of coalescing 53 moving parts into a functional tactical team.

I've always wondered why he wasn't a GM, he is a mastermind, almost too smart for the day to day of a head coach.

Throwing together adjectives does not a coherent message make. What makes you think he possesses any of those attributes? (not even getting into the fact that I disagree with your opinions of Wilbon lol)