Lions to interview Louis Riddick Friday

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Don't think you get him unless you keep Nagy because they are friends.

If the Bears think Riddick is the real deal, you may weirdly enough have a leg up on all those other teams on bringing him in despite the QB situation because you have Nagy.

If Riddick thinks Nagy is actually a good coach and that Pace is the problem, I'd be willing to roll the dice with them on a potential long term pairing with him and Nagy getting an extension so they're tied together.

Naw.....I can't roll with Nagy. Pace has got nothing to do with Nagy's poor play-calling. And lack of Qb development.
So I guess Riddick is the wrong GM.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Hes a talking head who specializes in hindsight. Just because he can call a smooth game on TV when you are all drunk doesn't mean shit. Seems like a nice guy, but my wife seems 20 lbs lighter when I'm three drinks in too.

Pass.

What do u think of Mike Mayock? He too specialized in hindsight as TV commentator b4 being hired as the Raiders GM.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Navy’s failure is not as a head coach but as a playcaller. He should have given up that job a long time ago. He is a good team builder and leader. Maybe Nagy/Lazor and Riddick is the right combo.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Navy’s failure is not as a head coach but as a playcaller. He should have given up that job a long time ago. He is a good team builder and leader. Maybe Nagy/Lazor and Riddick is the right combo.
Nagy was hired as an offensive guru who could groom a qb. Neither of those are correct. He can leave

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Nagy was hired as an offensive guru who could groom a qb. Neither of those are correct. He can leave

LOL! This offensive guru horseshit was spewed out by someone on this site and idiots ran with it.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can Riddick fix:

- Nagy's ignorant and arrogant thinking that every one of his players is always giving full effort?
- The fact there's no accountability for shit play and crappy effort from vets and young guys alike?
- Nagy's proclaimed film watching revealing nothing &/or resulting in no known changes or adjustments to who sees the field/bench?
- Nagy's arrogance in not adjusting his plays & calls to be smart & use strengths (run to short side of field, pull Monty when dialed in, gadget > good, etc. etc.)
- ...resulting in a whopping 10 total 3rd quarter points after halftime "adjustments"?

If Riddick can't see that, he's a fool.

Nagy no accountability.jpg

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lost me at he thinks nagy is a good coach proofs in the pudding nagy was supposed ta fix our offence its shite

Next

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt Nagy may be a good position coach, I don’t know , but he’s sucks as a head coach

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What is with the hard on for Louis Riddick?

His 2011 "Dream Team" FA haul was a failure of epic proportions.

This is from an article reflecting on FA acquisitions during his time as DOPP for PHI.
Looks like a downgrade from Pace.

March 10, DB Marlin Jackson, 2 years, $6 million, guarantee unknown

• Jackson, a former first-round pick of the Colts, didn’t even make it to training camp. He ruptured his Achilles in a spring OTA practice and never played football again. He was only 26. GRADE: Incomplete

March 16, RB Mike Bell [offer sheet], 1 year, $1.7 million

• Bell lasted longer than Jackson but not much. He played five games and rushed for 28 yards on 16 carries before the Eagles traded him to the Browns for Jerome Harrison. GRADE: F

July 29, CB Nnamdi Asomugha, 5 years, $60 million, $25 million guaranteed

• Nnamdi was only 29 when he signed with the Eagles and had made the Pro Bowl three straight years and all-pro twice. He couldn’t play anymore. GRADE: F

July 29, Jason Babin, 5 years, $28 million, $6 million guaranteed

• Babin did record 18 sacks and make a Pro Bowl in the 2011 Dream Team season, but thanks to his one-dimensional play and the absence of any notion of team play he wore out his welcome by the middle of 2012 and was released. GRADE: C

July 29, TE Donald Lee, 1 year, $850,000, $40,000 guaranteed

• Lee didn’t cost much so no harm done. Still, he had caught over 200 passes with the Dolphins and Packers, and the Eagles had expectations for him to at least make the team and contribute. GRADE: F

July 29, QB Vince Young, 1 year, $4 million, $2 million guaranteed

• The Dream Team stuff was bad enough. His actual play on the field was worse. Young, the third pick in the 2006 draft, had to play three games in place of an injured Michael Vick in 2011 and threw 4 TDs and 9 INTs. His 60.8 remains worst by any Eagles QB in the last 15 years. GRADE: F

July 30, DT Cullen Jenkins, 5 years, $30.375 million, $7.325 million guaranteed

• Jenkins’s play was barely adequate on two bad teams. He got some sacks but his play on the field never matched his chattiness and faux leadership in the locker room. The Eagles cut him after the 2012 season. GRADE: C-

July 31, OL Evan Mathis, 1 year, $735,000, $50,000 guaranteed

• The only member of the Dream Team that could still play, and the Eagles got him on a cheapo deal before giving him a huge extension a year later. GRADE: A

Aug. 2, RB Ronnie Brown, 1 year, $1.25 million, $315,000 guaranteed

• The former Pro Bowler and 1,000-yard rusher was a disaster in his one year with the Eagles. They tried to trade him to the Lions in the middle of the season for Harrison but the deal was voided when Eagles doctors discovered that Harrison had a brain tumor. GRADE: F

Aug. 2, S Jarrad Page, 1 year, $685,000, $50,000 guaranteed

• Former Chiefs starter lasted six games in 2011 before the Eagles cut him. GRADE: F

Aug. 10, WR Steve Smith, 1 year, $4 million, $2 million

• Two years earlier, Smith had 107 catches and 1,220 yards. He was only 26 when the Eagles signed him, but he managed just 11-for-124 in nine miserable games with the Eagles. GRADE: F-

April 4, OT Demetress Bell, 5 years, $34.5 million, $2.115 million guaranteed

• This dude was literally the worst offensive lineman I’ve ever seen. He started five games at left tackle in place of injured Jason Peters before getting benched for King Dunlap. He never played football again. GRADE: F

March 12, TE James Casey, 3 years, $12 million, $4.015 million guaranteed

• Casey had caught 34 passes for 330 yards and three TDs a year earlier. As an Eagle? The Eagles paid him $8 million to catch six passes. GRADE: F----

March 12, S Patrick Chung, 3 years, $10 million, $3 million guaranteed

• He spent four years with the Patriots, then one miserable year with the Eagles, then six more years with the Patriots. He’s won three Super Bowls, but as an Eagle he was brutal. GRADE: D

March 12, CB Bradley Fletcher, 2 years, $5.25 million, $2.35 million guaranteed

• Played two seasons of unspectacular cornerback for the Eagles during the Chip Kelly Era. GRADE: C

March 12, LB Jason Phillips, 2 years, $1.46 million, $150,000 guaranteed

• Tore his ACL a few days into training camp. Never played football again. GRADE: Incomplete

March 12, DL Isaac Sopoaga, 3 years, $11 million, $3.75 million guaranteed

• “Sope” played eight games before the Eagles had seen enough and traded him to the Patriots in order to play Bennie Logan. One of the picks they got in return eventually turned into the pick that helped them land Darren Sproles, so there's that. GRADE: D

March 14, LB Connor Barwin, 6 years, $36 million, $8 million guaranteed

• Barwin made a Pro Bowl in his second year here and piled up 31 ½ sacks in four years before a defensive change – from Bill Davis’s 3-4 to Jim Schwartz’s 4-3 – ended his stay here. Barwin is now back in the Eagles’ scouting department. GRADE: A

March 14, S Kenny Phillips, 1 year, $2 million, $150,000 guaranteed

• Got hurt. Never played. GRADE: Incomplete

March 14, CB Cary Williams, 3 years, $17 million, $5.75 million guaranteed

• The Eagle spent a ton of money for a guy who made more headlines for his quotes and his fights than anything he did on the field. Williams actually played OK for a couple years, but $10 million for what he provided was too much. GRADE: C

March 25, P Donnie Jones, 1 year, $905,000, $65,000 guaranteed

• Jones had a terrific five-year run with the Eagles, culminating in the Super Bowl. GRADE: A

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Give me a Dobbs/Daboll combo

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

This is from an article reflecting on FA acquisitions during his time as DOPP for PHI.

The hard on is because most people actually know who he is and have gotten to know him from ESPN. He talks a good game and is well spoken. Most people have no idea who the rest of the candidates are, or have never heard them talk before.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well respected among the players.
Minority hire so brings with him and additional 3rd round pick

I laugh at the thought one guy makes mention of the fact some 2 years ago he mentioned he liked Nagy, so now almost the entirety of the discussion is based on the assumption that if Riddick was hired as GM, that would automatically mean he is keeping Nagy as the HC.

You can't make this shit up.

Others want to make a big deal of some commentary he had on draft picks, as if he would not have a scouting department.

The real question is could he/ would he listen to the advice of his staff or would he suffer from Ryan Pace "smartest guy in the room" syndrome?

I would love L. Riddick as the Lions GM, and then the SF DC Robert Saleh as coach. My wish list. Keep Bevel as OC and the Lions ST coach as well.

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Well respected among the players.
Minority hire so brings with him and additional 3rd round pick

I laugh at the thought one guy makes mention of the fact some 2 years ago he mentioned he liked Nagy, so now almost the entirety of the discussion is based on the assumption that if Riddick was hired as GM, that would automatically mean he is keeping Nagy as the HC.

You can't make this shit up.

Others want to make a big deal of some commentary he had on draft picks, as if he would not have a scouting department.

The real question is could he/ would he listen to the advice of his staff or would he suffer from Ryan Pace "smartest guy in the room" syndrome?

I would love L. Riddick as the Lions GM, and then the SF DC Robert Saleh as coach. My wish list. keep Bevel as OC and the Lions ST coach as well.
if the Lions landed riddick and saleh and Bevel doesn’t go elsewhere or get canned the Bears will be back in the basement of the north

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The hard on is because most people actually know who he is and have gotten to know him from ESPN. He talks a good game and is well spoken. Most people have no idea who the rest of the candidates are, or have never heard them talk before.

Well Mike Mayock went from TV commentator to Raiders GM. My issue would be IF Riddick wanted to keep Nagy.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well Mike Mayock went from TV commentator to Raiders GM. My issue would be IF Riddick wanted to keep Nagy.

Riddick will have a job long before if/when the Bears start looking for a new GM.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:

• Jones had a terrific five-year run with the Eagles, culminating in the Super Bowl. GRADE: A

This is a great post. Most of these guys are going to have some red flags or they wouldn't be available but wow that is a terrible track record even taking into account the hit rate in free agency across the NFL is usually pretty low.

Bears should at least do their due diligence and talk to him because guys like Mayock and John Lynch are having success coming from tv analyst roles. I'd be more than a little skeptical with him though after seeing that awful, awful track record.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Even if the Bears were to move on from Pace and interview Riddick, Houston is the better opportunity. I think it would be naive to think he would want to come here.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Even if the Bears were to move on from Pace and interview Riddick, Houston is the better opportunity. I think it would be naive to think he would want to come here.
Texans only positive is Watson and location i guess. They are in worse cap situation than the bears. Have no first or 2nd round pick this year. Defense is worst in football with almost no talent. Offense is pretty much void of talent. Fuller who is their best weapon is likely gone. Oline is terrible.