Lions...

mecha

Liked Posts:
And Tucker is a good DC.

And Cutler doesn't make bad throws.

We get it.

You're an idiot apologist.

no really, the Giants are terrible. look around the league, all the guys that won those super bowls became castoffs. :lmao:

Sheli Manning had a tremendously awful year last season in particular. Coughlin will inevitably get fired this time. there won't be threats of it and a super bowl comeback the following year this time. the party's over.

Trump32

Liked Posts:
The tone, and results for the entire season is set in the first game of the season?

Miami could be a dynasty!!

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
What is Cutler's record vs the Lions and what is his TD to INT ratio vs these bums again? Thanksgiving away might be a loss but at home is usually an easy win

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Well go ahead and add them to the list of guaranteed losses this year... A defense and efficient offense with a first year head coach, I miss the days of Marc Tressman's second year talk how we will be much better, he's an offensive genius ect ect. At least I got Sunday ticket for free this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup they will go 16-0. Greatest show on Turf.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
All this negativity is going to be embarrassing after the Bears beat the Niners. The same people overreacting will be creating threads like "where can i get the best view of the super bowl parade"

LOL, I want to believe it, but Bears haven't won in SF since 85. There's nothing that gives me confidence that will end. Even if they would've knocked the Bills teeth in, I'd still think they'd get trounced Sunday Night.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
So...we have lions fans on these bords?

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:
Stafford looks to be in the best shape he has ever been in. Looks a lot thinner and way faster. Gonna be an even tougher match up this year. Really have to put some emphasis on attacking their horrible safeties.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
While it's not saying much, I always believed Caldwell was an upgrade over Schwartz. It will be interesting though to see if he can keep them from crashing their muscle cars and robbing convenience stores if they go through a losing streak. There is enough parity in this league and enough talent on the Lions (and the Vikings if they have even an average qb) that it would be a mistake to discount either team based on last year's record. When is the last time we swept them?

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
They remind me of this movie quote: "Happy learned how to putt, uh oh."

They still had a lot of stupid penalties and their ground game looked like crap. However, they are immensely talented and if they can ever figure out how to play with consistently they're going to be real tough.

It's only one game though and they usually have trouble down the stretch so we'll see if they can keep this up.

Granted, it was the Giants so it's not much of a measuring stick, but the talent is definitely there.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think people know how bad the Giants are.

On the other hand, Giants did win 7 of their last 10 a year ago, while the Bills were pretty much shit, from start to finish. Just saying.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
And Tucker is a good DC.

And Cutler doesn't make bad throws.

We get it.

You're an idiot apologist.
His point still sands. The Giants are a bad football team. Strawman it up some more though.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
While it's not saying much, I always believed Caldwell was an upgrade over Schwartz. It will be interesting though to see if he can keep them from crashing their muscle cars and robbing convenience stores if they go through a losing streak. There is enough parity in this league and enough talent on the Lions (and the Vikings if they have even an average qb) that it would be a mistake to discount either team based on last year's record. When is the last time we swept them?

Caldwell sucks. He got lucky to inherit a Peyton Manning-led team in his first season.

BearsFanBen

Liked Posts:
Just throwing this out there for the "sky is falling" crowd: in 2005, the Bears started 1-3. If my memory serves me correctly, they made it to the playoffs that year.

It was an ugly game, but it was one game.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
BxDvco6CcAA4efL.jpg

Trump32

Liked Posts:
The Lions are the Lions. Same collapse every year, they are predictively going to self destruct in the second half of the season. I see nothing at all from the Lions that would cause me to believe otherwise.

Stafford is a terrible quarterback who has wild inaccuracy problems who believes he really doesn't. Bitch about Cutler all you want, but at least we don't have that tool running our offense. If you disagree with my assessment of Stafford I invite you to convince me otherwise.

The Lions will never win anything with Stafford as quarterback. And you think we have problems with the back end of our defense? Try having no legitimate cornerbacks or safetys on the roster.

TLDR: SOL

Last edited:

Roary

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Lions are the Lions. Same collapse every year, they are predictively going to self destruct in the second half of the season. I see nothing at all from the Lions that would cause me to believe otherwise.

Stafford is a terrible quarterback who has wild inaccuracy problems who believes he really doesn't. Bitch about Cutler all you want, but at least we don't have that tool running our offense. If you disagree with my assessment of Stafford I invite you to convince me otherwise.

The Lions will never win anything with Stafford as quarterback. And you think we have problems with the back end of our defense? Try having no legitimate cornerbacks or safetys on the roster.

Yea, we suck...We sucked last year when we swept you...we will suck again this year too...:beer:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

They have 2 safety's better than any S on our roster, at least do your homework.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Yea, we suck...We sucked last year when we swept you...we will suck again this year too...:beer:

I'm sorry bro. But I can't take lions fan seriously. Even if they do beat the bears they still suck. They had the division handed to them last year and they detroited them selves. I remember Jon Kitna always predicting 10 wins. But they never got 7 hell he predicted it the year they went 0-16.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's the same chest thumping every year with Lions fans...until the inevitable implosion. Groundhog Day.