Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does no one like Brandon Rush. He was good at KU, he is a big SG who can shoot, he is a good locker room guy, and is young. I have always loved his game and think he'd fit fantastic here.

I'm not sure how he is in the locker room personally, but wasn't he suspended for something to start the season?

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with you Lee isn't the guy for us no doubt. Rush, Mayo, Thornton 3 guys who could really help us get over the hump. Rush being my favorite that is for many reasons.

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure how he is in the locker room personally, but wasn't he suspended for something to start the season?

I always saw him as a decent guy hes no angel but he's no J.R. Smith either. Trust me there would be no issues with him.

marky mark

Liked Posts:
why waste time trading for a guy to replace bogans if brewer/korver can do just as well. If we go for a SG we better make it worth it and not replace bogans, he should replace everyone, and take a majority of the workload. Id rather see us suffer this year but work Bogans, Taj, and CHAs draft pick in for a stud SG or a promising 1st rounder unprotected that just patch the hole......we need to fix it, not just patch it

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
you know we really aren't the type of team that needs a project. Boozer isn't young, and a decline ought to be visible in 2-3 years.

marky mark

Liked Posts:
you know we really aren't the type of team that needs a project. Boozer isn't young, and a decline ought to be visible in 2-3 years.

Rose = 22
Noah =25
Deng=25
Gibson =25
Boozer=29
Brewer=25
Korver=29
Watson =26

What we got here is an old team!

Come on now, tim duncan is 34
Garnett is 34

These two guys are still doing just fine at 34, im pretty sure Boozer, another PF can last more than 2 years....

And since when is our team built around Boozer? while we are on a streak, we were winning without him. so to counter ur post.....yes, we can manage with a project or two, in fact we can handle a project better than most teams in the league considering only 3 guys are 30+ bogans scal and Thomas..... 3 players we can do without

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
rose is going to be in his prime for the next 7 years. After that he'll be good, but he wont be a super athletic superstar that can get by anyone. boozer is 29?30? he's not really athletic, so he might be able to play effectively to the end of the contract. He'll be at his peak right now. Deng and noah are playing a their best right now, and there might be room for slight improvement with noah/deng. Both added something to their offensive game this season, so it's not out of the question.

Do you really want to add a project to this team? I'd rather just add a patch and win now.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
rose is going to be in his prime for the next 7 years. After that he'll be good, but he wont be a super athletic superstar that can get by anyone. boozer is 29?30? he's not really athletic, so he might be able to play effectively to the end of the contract. He'll be at his peak right now. Deng and noah are playing a their best right now, and there might be room for slight improvement with noah/deng. Both added something to their offensive game this season, so it's not out of the question.

Do you really want to add a project to this team? I'd rather just add a patch and win now.

You are not going to beat Miami, Orlando or Boston with a "patch". That describes what we have now, not what we need.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
we dont have assets nor the funds to get something over beyond a patch. I mean whose going to trade iggy, j-rich or whatever for a series of old people that no one wants, korver,brewer, watson, and a series of low level draft picks + charlotte's pick.

hey if we can get mayo, i'm all for it, but i'm not too optimistic that it will happen.

Grasshopper

Fan supporter
Liked Posts:
None I like the chemistry but if i had a choice to pick one would be Rudy Fernandez will blend in well

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
None I like the chemistry but if i had a choice to pick one would be Rudy Fernandez will blend in well

I don't think so...he is homesick and gripes about playing time. How do you think he will act in Chicago? He isn't any better than the guards available that he would get more playing time than them.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
he's a better shooter than bogans, and he's quicker than korver. his defense isn't good at all, but his offense is better than bogans.

still he complains a lot, he's not playing amazingly, and he doesn't play defense. I wouldn't trade for him, but IF HE were on this team, i'd rather have him play than bogans.

marky mark

Liked Posts:
Dude i just read your response.....come on, 7 years isnt enough for a project???? the average rookie takes what, like 2-3 years to hit stride that gives another 4-5 years of rose and this so to speak project a prime together, im pretty sure noah and deng can last at least 3 of those, and boozer will make at least one.....the key even if we win one in the next 4 years with another project, then boozer and say, deng retire, FA's will see a great team and want to play for a winning team, that has key parts to repeating, so even if Boozer leaves, there are enough 4 mans to the point where we can managing picking up a stud 4 man, we will manage. At that time, say Noah or Deng start the down turn of there career, then we can pick up another FA who wants to win to replace either 3 or 5, and noah or deng can move to the bench.

all in all, another project is best for us, there is really no reason that we should patch rather then create a project

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rudy to me is to similar to JR. He is streaky and has had personality issues over their respective careers. Those two shouldn't be targets if we decide to make a deal.

marky mark

Liked Posts:
we need to pull in an SG worth getting, an SG who can play offense and defense. It make take more than we are willing to invest but if it is worth it for the future it is worth it, plain n simple. the CHA pick is disposable to say, the clippers for Gordan, maybe a Gordan for CHAs pick, Brewer and Bogan. It would leave them for a potential all star of the future and two SGs to replace Gordan, its not like there making a movie this year anyways. It would be a great move and actually is semi realistic

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
I'd like to sign affallo. He's a decent defender. he's 6'5. He's not huge, but he isn't small. the guy weighs 215 lbs. He doesn't have lightining quick athleticism, but he's a good role player. He's on the last year of his contract with denver, he's playing 35 minutes, and shooting 45% form 3. He's not averaging amazing numbers on defense, but he's averaging 12 ppg.

he's not amazing. he's not going to be able to lead the bench, but he can play the bogans role far better than bogans can.

i think all it will take to get the guy would be JJ and first rounder. Denver ought to be transitioning to rebuilding mode. Although affallo is a great role player, they dont really need those at the moment.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
the clippers for Gordan, maybe a Gordan for CHAs pick, Brewer and Bogan. It would leave them for a potential all star of the future and two SGs to replace Gordan, its not like there making a movie this year anyways. It would be a great move and actually is semi realistic

actually i think the more realistic trade for that pick is trading korver, brewer, and deng for kobe bryant and ron artest.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
IMO Afflalo and Lawson are the only two players who have a better than 50% chance to still be on Denver's roster next year. If you're blowing it up you have to keep the young pieces, even if they don't project to be stars.

marky mark

Liked Posts:
guess who else was a patch, BOGANS!!! stop thinking patch because everyone will love the move until he fucks up like Bogans is. If Korver starts people will complain about his D, if Brewer starts they will complain about his shots. that's the problem with patches, no one cares if were winning it all, but if we need to improve, "patches" will never be good enough, and that holds true for this situation. We are winning as is, but if we replace Bogans and start to lose, well then we will blame, Smith, Mayo, any damn patch that comes in will be the blame for us losing.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
The reason why we dont need projects, is because we're in a win now mentallity. we aren't going to play players to let them develop. The window for this team being open isn't as wide as you'd think.

Also, affallo isn't a patch. he's what we need. a guy who shoots a high efficiency and takes a low volume of shots. Also i agree. denver isn't going to let the guy go. I think that they're Special person for doing so, but he's probably going to be going back to denver. his stats are good relative to the personel he's playing with. If Melo, billups, and smith leave, he's not going to be playing very well. he's 25, so he really doesn't have any upside. If i were them i'd trade him for a first rounder and 2nd rounder.