Literally how much better will Coal Kmet become if the Bears Literally draft upon Brock Bowers in the 9th pick?

msadows

Liked Posts:
I get the feeling Cole has peaked as far as his development. He may get more or less passes thrown to him moving ahead but I think he is going to be the same player. I'm satisfied with a good but not great TE from where we drafted him. He's top 10 at his position and could start for most teams.

What makes you think this?

He just turned 25, the age where kelce played his first full season.

He's also improved every year. I'm not sure what his potential is but I doubt it has maxed out since most NFL TE's dont really start coming on until 25-28

Washington

Liked Posts:
What makes you think this?

He just turned 25, the age where kelce played his first full season.

He's also improved every year. I'm not sure what his potential is but I doubt it has maxed out since most NFL TE's dont really start coming on until 25-28

That and I want to see Kmet play with a real QB. I think Kmet continues to get better too.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
I find the idea of Kmet and Bowers together intriguing.

The problem is that we just signed Everett which would make investing a top 10 pick into a TE would seem unusual. It will all depend on how Waldron and Poles see a player like Bowers. He has more capacity as an inside-outside guy than Kmet. As an offensive coach, you're thinking about mismatches. You got to think of players like Bowers and Kmet are going to give you a mismatch advantage in two ways.

1: Faster than an LB can cover
2: Bigger than a nickel can cover

I feel as though that such a help from 0-20 yards is a massive advantage. The problem is, you got to find ways to stretch the DBs past 20. I am not sure if Keenan can do that, but we know DJ can. It would be nice of Tyler Scott had reliable hands because having a speedster threat would keep the DBs honest.

Bowers, Kmet, DJ, and Allen would be amazing high catch radius receivers for a QB.

I am leaning towards Bowers if the top 3 wideouts are gone along with Alt. I think the weapon he represents would make an OC salivate.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I find the idea of Kmet and Bowers together intriguing.

The problem is that we just signed Everett which would make investing a top 10 pick into a TE would seem unusual. It will all depend on how Waldron and Poles see a player like Bowers. He has more capacity as an inside-outside guy than Kmet. As an offensive coach, you're thinking about mismatches. You got to think of players like Bowers and Kmet are going to give you a mismatch advantage in two ways.

1: Faster than an LB can cover
2: Bigger than a nickel can cover

I feel as though that such a help from 0-20 yards is a massive advantage. The problem is, you got to find ways to stretch the DBs past 20. I am not sure if Keenan can do that, but we know DJ can. It would be nice of Tyler Scott had reliable hands because having a speedster threat would keep the DBs honest.

Bowers, Kmet, DJ, and Allen would be amazing high catch radius receivers for a QB.

I am leaning towards Bowers if the top 3 wideouts are gone along with Alt. I think the weapon he represents would make an OC salivate.

Everett is essentially a 1 year deal, bears would save 5.5m cutting him next year.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
Everett is essentially a 1 year deal, bears would save 5.5m cutting him next year.

Indeed. The thing about 9 is you're just not sure what Poles is going to do. There's just not enough empirical data at this point. All signs point to BPA which would be Bowers if the three wideouts and Alt are off the board. I would be surprised to see Poles pull the trigger on a defender at 9. There's just no one there that really stands out above the value add of a Bowers.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Am I the only one here that misses the HOF’er Kellen Davis? Dude was a stud.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I really wouldn’t be surprised if Poles is trying to get the Jets or Colts to trade with him so they can get Bowers.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Dont tell daniel about any of this shit, his brane can only handle one thought process at a time.

If he wasn't a goober, he'd notice that the top 2 TE's drafted last year were both the same size as bowers, and had very good rookie seasons.
Good point. Just to type it out, pro football reference has Dalton Kincaid listed at 6'4" 240 and Sam LaPorta at 6'3" 245.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Is anyone else here worried Vicks account was hacked? There were way too many periods in his original post.