Long Term Solution at QB-Thread

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My realistic dream QB room in 2020 would be

1. Mitchel Trubisky or Nick Foles or Alex Smith (3 borderline starters who know the system)
2. Marcus Mariota or Tannehill (I'd look at whichever guy they don't, a veteran with a final chance in new system)
3. Rosen or 2nd rd pick (somebody to develop)

Options are out there, but I don't understand why you always wouldn't have 3 or 4 in house until you actually find a definitive franchise QB? Clearly this group is too expensive to even have 3. But those could be draft picks like a Beathart or Minshew if you were actually in the find a QB business.

Our defense should attract QB's to a desirable situation where they can win, behind a starter they think they can beat out eventually. Whoever ends up cut, is our bargain and we pay with opportunity rather than huge dollars.

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why have one average QB when you could have two?

p03wv8tb.jpg
I wish Mitch was average

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So what do people mean when they say long term QB? Because i keep seeing short term solutions or players who are clearly awful and them being good is a prayer.

The Bears SB window is open if you believe that they have a HC who just needs an OL and average QB play. The Bears will be fine with a short term QB during this window, while looking for the actual long term solution.

The only long term QBs i see as possibilities are whichever guy is rejected in JAX.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Not a single team is giving a 1st for Newton at this stage in his career.

No one out there is worth a 1st.

He'll be a FA after this season. The stars are aligning. I think Mariota sux, but if he wants to come here on a backup salary after Pace ditches Daniel in hopes of pushing Mitch to step up and be a man then go for it. I'd still like Pace to draft a QB. Trubisky/Mariota/Draft Pic - one has to pan out and be average enough to make the playoffs with this D, right?

I wouldn't mind Mariota . He's still mobile and can make plays on the move when things break down. What we don't need is a
slow, immobile guy like Rosen, who'll need above-avg. pass protection to be 1/2 way effective.
Yeah I'm all for a Trubisky/Mariota competition. Plus, a mid-round qb in the draft

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Bringing Mariota in seems like a pretty obvious move between how he fits in an RPO offense and his connections with Helfrich.

I could see the Bears signing him to a 2 year 36 million/10 guaranteed deal.

Year 1: 10 million
Year 2: 26 million *becomes guaranteed on the day after the league year opens.

Essentially a 1 year 10 million guaranteed deal with a 26 million dollar option that the Bears can pick up if he becomes the starter and has success.

If he has success??? He’s being benched in favor of tannehill. Get real. Thinking mariota will have success here is dumber than holding on to hope for trubisky.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If he has success??? He’s being benched in favor of tannehill. Get real. Thinking mariota will have success here is dumber than holding on to hope for trubisky.

Buncha dumb idiots wanting to start other teams trash that isn't better than trubisky.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Mariota is being benched in favor of tannehill. I can’t stop laughing at the thought of people actually wanting the bears to offer this guy money to be the bears starter. Give me a break.
It's more us thinking who the Bears may want to pick up. MM has ties to our OC and word is Pace liked him coming out of college. So it makes logical sense.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's more us thinking who the Bears may want to pick up. MM has ties to our OC and word is Pace liked him coming out of college. So it makes logical sense.
Tough to really say what MM would look like in Chicago or if he would even be an improvement over Trubisky, but if the Bears want to go in the direction of signing a Vet for competition then they could do a lot worse. His career has pretty much been all over the place. Some good, some great, lots of bad. The offensive situation in TN has never really be that great for him.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
So what do people mean when they say long term QB? Because i keep seeing short term solutions or players who are clearly awful and them being good is a prayer.

The Bears SB window is open if you believe that they have a HC who just needs an OL and average QB play. The Bears will be fine with a short term QB during this window, while looking for the actual long term solution.

The only long term QBs i see as possibilities are whichever guy is rejected in JAX.

Do you really think Gardner Minshew could be a long term solution at QB for the Bears?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

He may have liked him coming out of college but who TF likes him now???? That was years ago.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He may have liked him coming out of college but who TF likes him now???? That was years ago.

For a back up/competition for Mitch, I don't think there are going to be too many better options available. I think he's a much better option than Daniel.

If you have to pay him starter money, pass.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Do you really think Gardner Minshew could be a long term solution at QB for the Bears?
It’s too early for a definitive yes/no but he could be that guy. His overall performance has been good But I can’t say it with conviction. But I honestly don’t see the Jags getting rid of either guy unless they get great trade value.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I’ll say it again: it would only cost a fourth to double dip in the first round with Rosen. The talent that made him a first rounder didn’t disappear. Where else are you going to get a better investment?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
This Bears team is very much a culture team, I just don't see Rosen fitting in too well on the Bears.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Getting benched for Tannehill is low lol

Kaepernick was benched for Blaine Gabbert, and fans still want him, lol.

But yes, I don’t see how a washed-up Mariota is an upgrade over Trubisky. If it came to choosing between those two, I’d just choose to keep Trubisky for his last year.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I’ll say it again: it would only cost a fourth to double dip in the first round with Rosen. The talent that made him a first rounder didn’t disappear. Where else are you going to get a better investment?

LOL THIS MOTHER FUCKER.

Hey fuckboy, I could say the same shit about mitch, and he sucks.

THE TALENT THAT MADE MITCH THE #1 QB in the PAT MAHOMES DRAFT CLASS DIDNT DISAPPEAR.

Josh rosen is a FUCKIN bum.

CAREER 12 TDS to 19 INTS, 63 QB Rating.

HOT TRASH.

msadows

Liked Posts:
This shit is fucking straight pathetic. You got fuckboys like westcoastbitchfan thinking anyone who is capable of throwing a pass is better than mitch.

Newsflash. Trubisky sucks balls, but he's better than a lot of other shitty starting QB's in this league.

No, we should not pick up other teams trash just to prove they are trash again. Just watch Joe Flacco fuck life up for the broncos on a weekly basis.