Looks like Packers fans blaming injuries

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Rodgers doesn't win close games

That's strange, I seem to recall Aaron Rodgers winning a fairly close game called the 2011 Super Bowl despite having the 32nd ranked defense and the 27th ranked rushing attack.

TheRivalry

Liked Posts:
Already looking forward to next season. Has anyone considered how awesome it will be If both teams have even half as many injuries as they did this year? I don't think you could say that the Bears or the Packers of 2013 were an accurate representation of what they could have been without all the injuries.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's strange, I seem to recall Aaron Rodgers winning a fairly close game called the 2011 Super Bowl despite having the 32nd ranked defense and the 27th ranked rushing attack.

Please, don't use facts vs Bears fans.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Virtually every player on GB's roster is drafted/developed by them. Their fans HATE that Thompson refuses to sign FA's every year. Still, they're always good, and they never have to overpay for people.

BEARS O

Cutler - 30
Forte - 28
Fiammetta - 27
Marshall - 29
Jeffery - 23
M Bennett - 26
Bushrod - 29
Slauson - 27
Garza - 34
Long - 25
Mills - 23

AVERAGE AGE OF OFFENSIVE STARTERS - 27.4

Key Others:

E Bennett - 26
Wilson - 21
Bush - 29
McCown - 34

BEARS D

Peppers - 33
McClellin - 25
Paea - 25
Wooton - 26
Briggs - 33
Bostic - 22
Anderson - 30
Jennings - 30
Bowman - 29
Wright - 25
Conte - 24

AVERAGE AGE OF DEFENSIVE STARTERS - 27.5

Key Others:

Tillman - 32
DJW - 31
Melton - 27
Collins - 26
Frey - 23
Ratliff - 32
Bass - 23
Greene - 24
Costanzo - 29
Walters - 25
Steltz - 27
McManis - 26
Gould - 32
Podlesh - 30
Mannelly - 38
Hester - 31

GB O

Rodgers - 30
Lacy - 23
Kuhn - 31
Nelson - 28
Jones - 29
Quarless - 25
Bakhtiari - 22
Sitton - 27
Dietrich-Smith - 27
Lang - 26
Barclay - 24

AVERAGE AGE OF OFFENSIVE STARTERS - 26.5

Key Others:

Cobb - 23
Boykin - 24
Starks - 27
Flynn - 28

GB D

Raji - 27
Pickett - 34
Daniels - 24
Perry - 23
Hawk - 30
Jones - 27
Mulumba - 23
Williams - 30
Burnett - 24
Jennings - 25
Sheilds - 26

AVERAGE AGE OF DEFENSIVE STARTERS - 26.6

Key Others:

Matthews - 27
Neal - 26
Lattimore - 25
House - 24
Hyde -23
Bush - 29
Crosby - 29
Masthay - 26

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You could blame injuries if you wanted, best defensive player out. Shields hurt early in the (he's not Deion Sanders but he his to that shitty Packer de.)

I don't blame the loss on injuries. I'd have to see it on TV to make a better assessment. From my observations from 37 rows up in the corner of the field that had the least action, Rodgers looked tentative and appeared to miss open receivers and by the time he got to them then were covered and he was wrapped. Aaron likes to hold the ball, hearts it because he's gay of course. I personally would have conceded a TD to the 49ers even when they were 20 yards out. I'd take the odds of driving for a gave tying touchdown with over a minute left than hoping the 49ers miss a chip shot FG with no time left. Personal preference, could be argued either way. In reality it appears Kaepernick just beats the Packers. They can't stop that asshole.

So no injury excuse as the main blame for the loss. They had home field (with technically a new Packer Playoff record for attendence), "Packer weather" (becoming a myth), a healthy Rodgers, pretty much healthy offense all around. And their usual sucky defense (without Matthews and Sheilds) but let's be honest, the Packers de usually sucks regardless of who is in there.

49ers just came in and beat them. They could have buried them in the 1st quarter the way it started.

But in the end, the Packers beat the Bears and won the North, so I will smile about that this offseason instead of the 49ers loss.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
But in the end, the Packers beat the Bears and won the North, so I will smile about that this offseason instead of the 49ers loss.

The question you have to ask yourself is: Was it worth it--as an organization--going to a single playoff game as an 8-7-1 team and dropping down 8 spots in the draft? Part of me actually felt a little bad for you guys last night. Neither the Bears or the Pack was going anywhere in the playoffs, but now one team is a little better positioned to improve themselves heading into next year.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The question you have to ask yourself is: Was it worth it--as an organization--going to a single playoff game as an 8-7-1 team and dropping down 8 spots in the draft? Part of me actually felt a little bad for you guys last night. Neither the Bears or the Pack was going anywhere in the playoffs, but now one team is a little better positioned to improve themselves heading into next year.

Ted Thompson has built a consistent winner picking at the end of the first round for pretty much a decade now. Business as usual really.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:

You recall wrong (on both). Packers won the Super Bowl in 2011, so you'll want to look at 2010 stats when trying to act smart. That was a top 5 defense and 18th in rushing.

Slacker

Liked Posts:
Lol, as a fan I would gladly accept the Bears beating GB to be one and done in the playoffs as opposed to losing and getting a lottery ticket 8 spots higher.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Ted Thompson has built a consistent winner picking at the end of the first round for pretty much a decade now. Business as usual really.

yeah, he's very good too. the notion about draft positioning to me is always stupid as well. by that logic the elite teams would never get good players, ever. which is silly.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Few different ways to look at that.

For me - I get more satisfaction out of beating the Bears and hosting an entertaining playoff game. I wouldn't trade that for the opposite even to move up in the draft.

For the GB Community - I think a home playoff game generates a lot of revenue. I don't know how much the team itself gets extra in revenue, I assume some.

For the Organization - The North Title is another meaningless trophy for their legacy. Is dropping 8 spots really going to cost that with the draft being so hit or miss.

All those considered, and maybe others obviously, I think it was a good thing for the Packers to beat the Bears.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
You recall wrong (on both). Packers won the Super Bowl in 2011, so you'll want to look at 2010 stats when trying to act smart. That was a top 5 defense and 18th in rushing.

Yep, my mistake. The point about Rodgers winning in a close game still stands, however.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rodgers also won a close game with a shitty defense like two weeks ago IIRC.

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
You could blame injuries if you wanted, best defensive player out. Shields hurt early in the (he's not Deion Sanders but he his to that shitty Packer de.)

I don't blame the loss on injuries. I'd have to see it on TV to make a better assessment. From my observations from 37 rows up in the corner of the field that had the least action, Rodgers looked tentative and appeared to miss open receivers and by the time he got to them then were covered and he was wrapped. Aaron likes to hold the ball, hearts it because he's gay of course. I personally would have conceded a TD to the 49ers even when they were 20 yards out. I'd take the odds of driving for a gave tying touchdown with over a minute left than hoping the 49ers miss a chip shot FG with no time left. Personal preference, could be argued either way. In reality it appears Kaepernick just beats the Packers. They can't stop that asshole.

So no injury excuse as the main blame for the loss. They had home field (with technically a new Packer Playoff record for attendence), "Packer weather" (becoming a myth), a healthy Rodgers, pretty much healthy offense all around. And their usual sucky defense (without Matthews and Sheilds) but let's be honest, the Packers de usually sucks regardless of who is in there.

49ers just came in and beat them. They could have buried them in the 1st quarter the way it started.

That's pretty much what I saw, too. Rodgers was holding onto the ball too long against that pass rush. And it seemed almost every time (it wasn't every time, but I imagine it felt that way for the Packer's D) the Packers where about to stop the 9ers on a 3rd down pass Kaepernick just took off for 20-30 yards.

There were some important defensive injuries during the game for the Packers, but that's football, especially in the playoffs when the previous 20 games have worn on you.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:

Are you high? You'd rather lose to your arch rival in week 17 to lose the north and not host a HOME playoff game to move up 8 lousy spots in the draft? You can't say neither team was going anywhere. GB limped into playoffs as a wildcard team with injured players left and right and won the damn Super Bowl. Saying you would rather miss playoffs is an excuse and cop out. Making the playoffs is everything because the games are so unpredictable, anything can happen!

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
It wasn't a total loss, beardown104 believed you.

Right. It was Rodgers fault he gave his team a lead with 4 minutes left and Rodgers gave up 70 yards at the end of the game for a FG.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
Using a QBs W-L record in "close games" is absolutely foolish without watching the game. Keep those lousy stats on your ESPN message board.