Looks like Packers fans blaming injuries

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
Right. It was Rodgers fault he gave his team a lead with 4 minutes left and Rodgers gave up 70 yards at the end of the game for a FG.

I'm not talking about Aaron Rodgers or a single game.

So aside from believing made up stats you also can't remember who your arguing with.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
That's strange, I seem to recall Aaron Rodgers winning a fairly close game called the 2011 Super Bowl despite having the 32nd ranked defense and the 27th ranked rushing attack.

Where the fuck did you get the 32nd ranked D from?????? They were the #5 D in 2010. Do a little research next time.

Guitarman

Liked Posts:
Apparently you were AWOL just a week ago.

Rodgers didn't win that one. The refs did. No penalty for going beyond playclock on 4th and one. Bogus roughing call. The Bears stopped him repeatedly and the refs bailed him out.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Few different ways to look at that.

For me - I get more satisfaction out of beating the Bears and hosting an entertaining playoff game. I wouldn't trade that for the opposite even to move up in the draft.

For the GB Community - I think a home playoff game generates a lot of revenue. I don't know how much the team itself gets extra in revenue, I assume some.

For the Organization - The North Title is another meaningless trophy for their legacy. Is dropping 8 spots really going to cost that with the draft being so hit or miss.

All those considered, and maybe others obviously, I think it was a good thing for the Packers to beat the Bears.

Heard something on the radio the other day about teams and playoff money. Don't remember who it was, but he said that teams actually LOSE money in the playoffs. Players get paid, and all the ticket revenue goes straight to the league. I'm guessing they make some on concessions, parking, etc. Sounded strange to me.

Regardless, I would've rather seen the Bears beat the Packers and lose to the 9ers than lose to the Packers. And Guitarman, let it go brother it's getting sad. ( I actually agree with you somewhat on bad calls, but they still could've won in the end).

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
[video=youtube;RgYHh__aWRA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgYHh__aWRA&feature=share[/video]

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rodgers didn't win that one. The refs did. No penalty for going beyond playclock on 4th and one. Bogus roughing call. The Bears stopped him repeatedly and the refs bailed him out.

attachment.php

BillikenBear

Liked Posts:
They should blame the guy who pulled a Conte on the final FG block.

SPLIT-THE-UPRIGHTS.gif

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Even had he blocked it he was offside.

Nitschke

Liked Posts:
No Packer fans who sat through the 70s and 80s would ever trade a victory over the Bears for better draft position. Hell, it's wouldn't surprise me if the Packers were on the phone asking the Bears what numbnuts players they should pick each draft day. :D

BillikenBear

Liked Posts:
Yeah they did. Hochili (sp) even announced it at the end, declined.

Ah missed it, wasn't really paying attention to the game anyways. Just thought it was fitting that their season ended with a FG going through a player's arms. Poetic justice.

Dice34

Liked Posts:
That's strange, I seem to recall Aaron Rodgers winning a fairly close game called the 2011 Super Bowl despite having the 32nd ranked defense and the 27th ranked rushing attack.

I see someone already owned you before I had a chance to reply. Before you call someone a meatball, maybe its best you verify your work, meatball.

That defense you speak of also only gave up 16,14,14 pts in those playoffs. They were also favored in the SB

Since that run, which was put together by defense and the resurgence of their run game (yet Rodgers gets all the credit for) he is 1-3.

In a league that is a what have you done for me lately league, Rodgers (apparently your god) has 1 win the last 3 playoffs vs an overachieving Vikings team...wooohaa

But its never his fault, he is blameless. Get off his bean pole like the media and start throwing some blame around to a guy who has been coming up short. Making his living beating up a weak NFC north. You think its some kind of feat to beat a .500 Bears team that has the worst D in the league? He played below average yesterday and his mediocre play is the reason they lost. Their defense stepped up and gave gay boy a chance, in which he didn't deliver (at home no less).

Keep gargling his nuts, fat beard. I wont. and yes, in games decided by 4 pts or less, his record is atrocious. But that's never his fault either, its always something else. But when they win, boy you better believe its all Rodgers, all the time.

Dice34

Liked Posts:
Using a QBs W-L record in "close games" is absolutely foolish without watching the game. Keep those lousy stats on your ESPN message board.

My actual point is, its time to start throwing blame on Rodgers for some of these losses. Hes the only QB going right now, when they win its him, when they lose, its something else.

I watch the games and the guy is not perfect, but this overhype machine is on overdrive every year....its tiresome...1-3 last 4 playoff games for someone who everyone claims is infallible

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
My actual point is, its time to start throwing blame on Rodgers for some of these losses. Hes the only QB going right now, when they win its him, when they lose, its something else.

I watch the games and the guy is not perfect, but this overhype machine is on overdrive every year....its tiresome...1-3 last 4 playoff games for someone who everyone claims is infallible

I get your point and don't terribly disagree. However, Rodgers is 6-4, has a SB (MVP), and a career 103 passer rating in playoffs.

Manning has an overall poor, below .500, record in playoffs too, you hating him?

All I'm saying is these guys are statistically the best in the business. I do think Rodgers wasn't great yesterday. It was -10 and only his 2nd game back from an extended absence, but he didn't get the job done and that's all that matters vs a great SF D.

Ps- I hate Rodgers and loved to see them lose. However, the dude is a gamer.

Dice34

Liked Posts:
I get your point and don't terribly disagree. However, Rodgers is 6-4, has a SB (MVP), and a career 103 passer rating in playoffs.

Manning has an overall poor, below .500, record in playoffs too, you hating him?

All I'm saying is these guys are statistically the best in the business. I do think Rodgers wasn't great yesterday. It was -10 and only his 2nd game back from an extended absence, but he didn't get the job done and that's all that matters vs a great SF D.

Ps- I hate Rodgers and loved to see them lose. However, the dude is a gamer.

No don't hate on Manning at all (Best QB we will probably ever see). But its well documented and well publicized(criticized) that Manning can't win "in the cold", "in the playoffs", etc.....it has some merit to an extent. But atleast the guy has faults that are pointed out. But probably because everyones expectations of him are so high.

Rodgers on the other hand, doesn't get criticized for some reason, almost like its a taboo subject. Everyone(media, etc.) wants to point to him as the best, the standard of the qb position. So shouldn't he be held to the same expectations? Nope, someone or something else caused the lost. Its never Rodgers.

And you may have not even meant too, but you end with:

1). Weather being cold
2). Only 2nd game back
3). Great SF D

excuses, excuses, excuses for the "Best in the business".....see what I mean? :)

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
No don't hate on Manning at all (Best QB we will probably ever see). But its well documented and well publicized(criticized) that Manning can't win "in the cold", "in the playoffs", etc.....it has some merit to an extent. But atleast the guy has faults that are pointed out. But probably because everyones expectations of him are so high.

Rodgers on the other hand, doesn't get criticized for some reason, almost like its a taboo subject. Everyone(media, etc.) wants to point to him as the best, the standard of the qb position. So shouldn't he be held to the same expectations? Nope, someone or something else caused the lost. Its never Rodgers.

And you may have not even meant too, but you end with:

1). Weather being cold
2). Only 2nd game back
3). Great SF D

excuses, excuses, excuses for the "Best in the business".....see what I mean? :)

Those are facts, not excuse. See what I mean :) And yes, I was messing w/ ya!