Love to hate the Heat

BullsZoneWill

Liked Posts:
BullsZoneWill, I think the reason you are taking so much "heat" for your article is because your entire premise was wrong. Most Bulls fans don't hate the Heat because of jealousy or insecurity about "our" team. (A small minority might.) It's because of the way LeBron handled "The Decision," the way Wade bad-mouthed Chicago (his home town!) during the free agency period, the way the "Big 3" conspired to put together a superteam, the flopping and many other reasons that have already been posted in this thread.

I'm sure if you checked around, you would find that there are many fans of teams who have no chance of making the playoffs who also hate the Heat. I agree that it is a waste of time to devote so much attention to them and better to focus on the Bulls, but You have to admit that there are plenty of reasons for disliking some of their players other than what you stated in your article and I think those reasons are more prevalent.

Best responce/post here. Well said my friend.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
that "no courage lion" is standing in our way of making the finals

BullsZoneWill

Liked Posts:
I just think that small minority is larger than you think. But would agree with some of the other reasons you listed.

However, flopping has been around forever. Some of the best played in the 80's and 90's. And today you have guys like CP3 and Manu who flop while shooting jumpers. Not sure why he gets hate for taking charges, something almost everyone does including Rose. Its taught at the highschool and college level.

Liked Posts:
I'd take a ring everytime whether it's a weak year or not....that's what it's all about, winning

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Am I the only Bulls fan who hates the Knicks more than the Heat? I mean the Heat are pretty close but my childhood self will forever despise the Knicks. I'm older now and can better handle the emotional roller coaster's that sports brings. I wasn't so forgiving, however, when the refs handed the Knicks a free pass to the finals when I was a kid.

Was that the year MJ took off to play baseball, and Scottie shot the last shot from the top of the key, and he was fouled, but no call was made?

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if Lebron had chose the Bulls in his infamous decision show, would that have been okay to you?
Would that have made Miami fans HATE Lebron?

First of all, if you re-read my post you will see that I never said that I personally hate the Heat or Lebron. I was commenting on what I have heard other Bulls fans say. I don't "hate" the heat or Lebron. I dislike the way James announced what team he signed with, although it was nice of ESPN to donate the revenues from that show to charity.

At the time I would have been excited about the prospect of having Lebron play in Chicago, but in hindsight, I'm glad he didn't come here. My dislike for him as grown since he "took his talents to South Beach," because of some of the things he has said and done. I don't think he and Rose would have worked well together, and I would much rather see the Bulls win it all without putting a SuperTeam together like Miami did. As much as I want to see the Bulls win a Championship, I would rather they did it with players on the team that I like.

And, yes, I'm sure if Lebron had come to Chicago, many Heat fans would hate him. Because of the way he handled free agency, wherever he went, people in the cities he didn't choose were going to dislike him. Look at the way Cleveland reacted after he left.