Lovie Jobs: the herb told me

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think USC, Vikings, or Carolina would be solid speculation. However, there are 3 jobs potentially available and Lovie lands one of them.

#3Rumor is Mack Brown out in Texas, if that were true, would Lovie get a call? I am not sure Lovie is anything but a pro coach, so lets nix that.

#2 The Cowboys.....the division is terrible and right now they are in first. If the Giants came back and win is Garrett canned and does Marinelli talk to Jerry and they bring in the hometown king? I could see this, I could even see Garrett being young enough to step down to OC and stay with team to make room for this, keeping Romo and the offense happy while energizing the fan base depending on how good Garrett and Jones relationship is, and if he made promises like, lets do this for 5 years and then I will promote you again. Usually I wouldn't consider that option, but I think the situation is unique and Jones has given Garrett every grace possible.

#1 The Wildcard pick here....is Tampa Bay, assuming the Cowboys make the playoffs. Schiano might have the support of the owner, but 4-12 will certainly bring the threat of bailing, especially with player mutiny and an unhappy defense. The key here, is Lovie has roots in Tampa. He is known for their defense, and they spent alot of money bringing in Revis, Gholdson. If they re-sign or franchise McCoy, you have the framework of a Lovie defense already in place. They could be instantly successful on one side of the ball, and replacing a college coaching disaster with a pro-players coach seems logical.

Mitchapalooza

Please let him coach the Vikings. That would be hilarious to see.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aint no team in the NFL gonna hire a guy with 10 years of incompetence managing offense. Not as a HC. Not anymore. As good a motivator, leader, and defensive coach as Lovie was, he still didn't win the SB.

And over his tenure, imo he was the best defensive minded HC in the NFL. If he couldn't do it, than that era is unquestionably over.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I can see Dallas or Tampa hiring Lovie. Can't really picture him coaching at the college level, though.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Aint no team in the NFL gonna hire a guy with 10 years of incompetence managing offense. Not as a HC. Not anymore. As good a motivator, leader, and defensive coach as Lovie was, he still didn't win the SB.

And over his tenure, imo he was the best defensive minded HC in the NFL. If he couldn't do it, than that era is unquestionably over.

True. If he gets hired, I think there would have to be a hand picked offensive guru as the OC.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
True. If he gets hired, I think there would have to be a hand picked offensive guru as the OC.

Its an idea, but I don't think its a good one cause anyone that kicks ass as an OC will have a line of HC offers around the block.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I can see Dallas or Tampa hiring Lovie. Can't really picture him coaching at the college level, though.

Lovie: It was great owt there. You can't be more excited about Texas footbaw when the band is playen when we get owt on the field. I couldn't be prouder of tha team.

Reporter: You lost 51-7 to OSU.

Lovie: I look at the season in quartas, we were 3-0 in the 1st quarta, and 1-1 in the second quarta.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't think you are looking at the bigger picture here. Lovie comes from a prideful line of black coaches, and he will not take a demotion. He will get hired for a HC position in the NFL.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
As a Longhorn fan, NO to him at UT, I couldn't handle that. BIG NO!

Hope he gets a job in the NFL

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think you are looking at the bigger picture here. Lovie comes from a prideful line of black coaches, and he will not take a demotion. He will get hired for a HC position in the NFL.

What does Lovie being black or prideful have to do with teams being unwilling to hire a HC that cant manage an offense?

Lovie can do whatever he wants. How does that mean he will be hired as a HC?

Its like you just said I like weed, watched breaking bad, and kick ass at madden. I will get hired for a HC position in the NFL.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

Not sure how his skin color has to do with any of this...if he is called into a few teams to interview and is passed over, he will start looking at some DC jobs...Black or white, pride or no pride...eventually having a job will take precedent over being a HC

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think USC, Vikings, or Carolina would be solid speculation. However, there are 3 jobs potentially available and Lovie lands one of them.

#3Rumor is Mack Brown out in Texas, if that were true, would Lovie get a call? I am not sure Lovie is anything but a pro coach, so lets nix that.
Well Mack Brown makes $5 Million a year, excluding bonuses and incentives, so honestly if Lovie got hired by UT it would be a huge raise over what he made with the Bears.

On an unrelated note, can you imagine how good the Bears might have been if Lovie had hired Trestman to begin with (when Trestman was originally interviewed?)

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well Mack Brown makes $5 Million a year, excluding bonuses and incentives, so honestly if Lovie got hired by UT it would be a huge raise over what he made with the Bears.

On an unrelated note, can you imagine how good the Bears might have been if Lovie had hired Trestman to begin with (when Trestman was originally interviewed?)

Lovie made more than 5 mil/year with the bears. Hell I think he is making more than that right now, sitting on his ass.

Mark Addison

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

#2 The Cowboys.....the division is terrible and right now they are in first. If the Giants came back and win is Garrett canned and does Marinelli talk to Jerry and they bring in the hometown king? I could see this, I could even see Garrett being young enough to step down to OC and stay with team to make room for this, keeping Romo and the offense happy while energizing the fan base depending on how good Garrett and Jones relationship is, and if he made promises like, lets do this for 5 years and then I will promote you again. Usually I wouldn't consider that option, but I think the situation is unique and Jones has given Garrett every grace possible.

#1 The Wildcard pick here....is Tampa Bay, assuming the Cowboys make the playoffs. Schiano might have the support of the owner, but 4-12 will certainly bring the threat of bailing, especially with player mutiny and an unhappy defense. The key here, is Lovie has roots in Tampa. He is known for their defense, and they spent alot of money bringing in Revis, Gholdson. If they re-sign or franchise McCoy, you have the framework of a Lovie defense already in place. They could be instantly successful on one side of the ball, and replacing a college coaching disaster with a pro-players coach seems logical.

You got all that from the herb? WTF...All I ever got was a wakka-wakka sound like pac-man.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
btw, is there anyone who doesn't think Greg Shiano is a cocksucker? Cause he is.

Greg next appearance is one of those deep throat instructional vids