Low blow or not?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again, listen to Kevin Samuels. Those are real women calling in expressing their real perceptions. If you think a lifetime of media and marketing has had no effect on the ideals, perceptions and opinions people have, I urge you to think about it and reconsider.

buddy, if you use the internet to seek out wackjobs, thats on you

but if you go lookin for nuts and let them determine your perspective, you in for a bad time

you can find all the flat earthers you want online, but that don't make the shit flat

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
buddy, if you use the internet to seek out wackjobs, thats on you

but if you go lookin for nuts and let them determine your perspective, you in for a bad time

Your mistake is that you believe these 'nutty' worldviews are the minority and thus inconsequential.

Mass media has been shaping/influencing people's outlooks and ideals since birth, literally from the very first time a parent sat their 2 year old child down to watch a Disney movie. We're inundated with marketing and media influences from a young age. You're wrong if you believe it's I that have went "looking for nuts to determine my perspective", the perspectives of folks in general are shaped by mass media, in general. The 'plus-sized model' phenomenon is just another facet of that work being done.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your mistake is that you believe these 'nutty' worldviews are the minority and thus inconsequential.

Mass media has been shaping/influencing people's outlooks and ideals since birth, literally from the very first time a parent sat their 2 year old child down to watch a Disney movie. We're inundated with marketing and media influences from a young age. You're wrong if you believe it's I that have went "looking for nuts to determine my perspective", the perspectives of folks in general are shaped by mass media, in general. The 'plus-sized model' phenomenon is just another facet of that work being done.

think you need a break from the tv and da internet, boss

maybe stop judging the world from youtube trash and go out and have some irl interactions

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
think you need a break from the tv and da internet, boss

maybe stop judging the world from youtube trash and go out and have some irl interactions

You're not even trying to hear me, I say "mass media" and you say "Youtube". You're dismissing and severely underestimating the influence of media on the general populace.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're not even trying to hear me, I say "mass media" and you say "Youtube". You're dismissing and severely underestimating the influence of media on the general populace.

no, I am saying you are the one that seems to be letting their perspective get warped by mass media and projecting that shit without bothering to cross check it with actual irl human interaction

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
no, I am saying you are the one that seems to be letting their perspective get warped by mass media and projecting that shit without bothering to cross check it with actual irl human interaction

I gave several real life events as examples; women calling into Samuels' show, Victoria's Secret promoting plus-size models, parents letting their kids watch Disney movies. What sort of 'real-life human interactions' would you like me to reference, are those not real life enough for you?

You seem dismissive of the idea that media shapes and influences people, I'd have thought that was self-evident. You think you and the real life people you have real life interactions with on a daily basis are immune?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m 5’-9” and 165 lbs and people say I look too thin. Some say unhealthy
I’m the same height but 200lb. I put on weight because I kept hearing the same thing

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Attachments

• E5vVY_MWUAAwN3P.jpg
    E5vVY_MWUAAwN3P.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I gave several real life events as examples; women calling into Samuels' show, Victoria's Secret promoting plus-size models, parents letting their kids watch Disney movies. What sort of 'real-life human interactions' would you like me to reference, are those not real life enough for you?

You seem dismissive of the idea that media shapes and influences people, I'd have thought that was self-evident. You think you and the real life people you have real life interactions with on a daily basis are immune?

dog, you just referenced youtube, tv commercials, and movies

no those do not count as irl human interaction

like I said, perhaps you are the one with perceptions warped by media

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
dog, you just referenced youtube, tv commercials, and movies

no those do not count as irl human interaction

like I said, perhaps you are the one with perceptions warped by media
People live in two worlds, the internet and real life reality. When im on the internet everything is right, left, woke, political, racist, mysoginist etc. When i go out in life people are just trying to do the best they can with what they have and dont have time for all that bullshit. Social media is filled with people who dont get out much.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
who cares?

leave this guy alone already. he went to a better team. he still has a job. he can still be a millionaire. he won. we didn't.
He is a millionaire

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Anyone going to see Mitch come home this preseason?