Magic Get Arenas,Turkoglu,Richardson,VC To The Suns,Lewis to the Magic.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"The Orlando Magic capped a blockbuster day of wheeling and dealing by trading one franchise cornerstone for another, sending Rashard Lewis to the Washington Wizards for Gilbert Arenas on Saturday.

That trade followed news of a deal that sent Vince Carter to the Phoenix Suns in a six-player swap that returns Hedo Turkoglu to the Magic.

The Magic also get Jason Richardson and Earl Clark from the Suns in exchange for Carter, Marcin Gortat, Mickael Pietrus, a 2011 first-round pick and cash considerations."

Orlando Magic trade for Gilbert Arenas, send Rashard Lewis to Washington Wizards - ESPN

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had a feeling Arenas would go to the Magic. But VC to the Suns? And its good Turkoglu is back with the Magic. And the Magic getting Jason Richarson is good too.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm tellin' you all...if the Magic pull off a trade for Nash in a month...they're going to be really, really tough...

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm tellin' you all...if the Magic pull off a trade for Nash in a month...they're going to be really, really tough...

Yea I really dont see them trading for Nash. I see maybe the Knicks try and get him.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
nice pick ups for the Magic. The winner might have been the Wizards though, landing Rashard Lewis.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
how? i mean i think they win for getting a shorter contract, and the magic loose by gaining 2 longer/worse contracts. they also win by getting the best player in the deals.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
How did the Magic lose? They gained three guys that could put up 20+ any given game. Its not like their defense changed, they still got Howard. They just need a back up big.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
How did the Magic lose? They gained three guys that could put up 20+ any given game. Its not like their defense changed, they still got Howard. They just need a back up big.

JRich and Arenas I can understand saying they could score 20+ any given game. But Hedo? What year is this?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
JRich and Arenas I can understand saying they could score 20+ any given game. But Hedo? What year is this?

I haven't seen Hedo play this year but I don't think he completely fell off the face of the earth. Particularly playing in a system where he excelled.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
I think this trade has really improved the Magic roster. Vince Carter wasn't really playing well with the Magic. they got back a lot of three-pointers shooters which will help their three point shooting even more.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
We'll see how well this works out for them once the All Star Break hits. To see if the team chemistry is where it could be with them. I see them a good bit in the plus column with this trade......but does it really make them better than Boston? LAL? Not quite, but like I said we'll see.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
i think the hedo and arenas signing are comparable to the jameson signing by cleveland. yeah, they aren't turrible players, but they really dont give you too much on defense, and they dont give efficient offense.

i advocated that the magic trade carter and pietrus for nash and hedo earlier, they got j rich and hedo. hedo is a throw in because he's a bad contract and a mediocre player. for some reason they decieded to go with arenas. lewis isn't a good player, but neither is arenas and that deal is a year longer. lewis's contract was over at year 3. howard's contract was over in 3 years. they could have improved that offseason by getting a real complimentary player to howard. now they have a terrible ontract instead.

Last edited:

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Orlando sent a message to Howard by making this big move. They are trying to keep him there, just like Cleveland attempted with James.

So, do any of you see Howard leaving the Magic for Free Agency? Hmmm.....

I personally have no clue if he would.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
it depends how this works out. if it's a good team, i'd say he'd stay. J-rich is a good player. he's not an all star, but he's a good player and an improvement over carter. but if you think about it, j-rich is going to be 33? 34? in 3 years. Arenas is going to be a big contract a year after howard becomes a free agent. turk is signed on for longer, so i dont see any possibility of improvement if thisn't work out.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i think they are setting up to get melo imo...or paul(that would of course,mean getting ride of nelson for sure and possibly arenas as well)

or possibly both

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
What I'm wondering is who will play center when Howard undoubtedly gets in foul trouble due to the humungous funnel that will be the Magic's D?

I don't see this trade really improving them that much considering how atrocious their D will be now, but time will tell.