Magic Get Arenas,Turkoglu,Richardson,VC To The Suns,Lewis to the Magic.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
i think they are setting up to get melo imo...or paul(that would of course,mean getting ride of nelson for sure and possibly arenas as well)

or possibly both

yeah i mean, they could probably trade gil, reddick, hedo, or pull a 3 team deal where the magic send gil back to wizards, trade rashard to the hornets, and the hornets send paul and a draft pick over.

i hope the message is clear. the magic just acquired a crap top of bad contract for mediocre players and j rich. their draft pick is a low level pick, so it really doesn't have any value. the magic aren't changing their roster. this is them for the next 3 years. Also they're not getting any younger through the draft. this year their pick goes to pheonix, and the next couple years ought to have mediocre picks. they're not changing nuthin. they might get a new center in 3 years.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
What I'm wondering is who will play center when Howard undoubtedly gets in foul trouble due to the humungous funnel that will be the Magic's D?

I don't see this trade really improving them that much considering how atrocious their D will be now, but time will tell.

You are right, their frontcourt depth is in bad shape...I saw lots of Malik Allen tonight....boy oh boy...Pietrus was their best backcourt defender by quite a large margin I believe. Now?

Look at it like this. Saying no to Hedo and yes to Carter was the mistake that changed the course for this team. Since they have gone to the Finals, they have lost their two best perimeter defenders in Pietrus and Courtney Lee. Yes, I expect Howard's rate of fouls to go up. Otis Smith is on the clock...he might have more work to do. But let's see what happens...

Marty Baby

Marty Baby
Liked Posts:
I absolutely love what Phoenix did, getting rid of Turkoglu and Richardson to make way for Carter, Gortat and Pietrus.

Carter still brings you consistent energy and excitement (and will give Phoenix fans at least one unforgettable dunk before his contract runs out in the summer) and Pietrus can guard any guy in the league, including Kobe, seeing we're 2 or 3 years later, after that Orlando-Lakers finals.

Marcin Gortat may very well be the best player of that deal. We have no idea what a good center this guy is capable of being, having been trapped in his dubious role as Dwight Howard's backup. When he sees more than 10 minutes a game I can see him being a 16 and 9 kinda guy and if so, a big, sexy beast will have been unleashed in Phoenix.

Giving away Gortat complicates Orlando's troubles even further. I don't understand why they would give him up even if it meant bringing in Richardson and Turkoglu. Dwight Howard can't be out there every second and they've been getting pounded whenever he's sat down.

I do like Arenas in a Magic uniform though. This will be the change he has been waiting so long for.

Overall, advantage Phoenix in this deal though.

Last edited: