Mahomes: Best QB in 2017 Draft Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Yes, I know.

It cannot be helped that we are both incredibly clever while remaining Ivy League intelligent and may have caused some serious confusion with Tech Support.

That is why I use the hashtag. Consider it like a "Vu Watermark".

CC: Tech Support

RE: #iamstillnotgrimson

poison ivy league maybe

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Sounds exactly like Jay Cutler. Enjoy

My Man Jay!...after a few games D's will know his tendencies. Mahomes will be easily baited ( a super strong arm with poor mechanic breeds arrogance and gives birth to interceptions...many) enjoy those 3 -5 games a year with 4+ ints...I bet if Mahomes starts at least 12 games he will throw over 25 its...he will average 2 a game next year. Some good games full of fantastic throws and some games where teams D will feast...enjoy Jay Cutler 2.0

Tostada

Liked Posts:
If you are going to use box score stats to compare at this point....you are missing a lot. Mahomes stat line from that denver game was quoted here correctly. 284 yards, 1 int. and 0 TD. That isn't what anyone is excited about. From that small 3 quarter sample size, Mahomes threw 16 passes in the intermediate area of the field 15-30 yards downfield. Alex Smith averaged 8 such passes per game all year. If you watch the game film, you will see SEVERAL instances where you can see his head going through his progressions, quickly, you see him look linebackers and safteys off then throw the other way.

By many accounts both from within the organization and from outside media etc...this is how it's been in practice, in camp, and you can see the same thing in the preseason games he played in as well.

You can also see....as someone mentioned, that he nearly had another INT in that Denver game...it was a very deep throw...and if you watch the play it was the correct read...he relied on his arm too much with bad footwork trying ot heave a ball 50 yards in the air off his backfoot...and he had time to set....it's a bad habbit that people noted from his scouting report...and it showed up on that particular play. I suspect we will see some of that this season leading to some turnovers. I would say that I will take 10-15 picks in exchange for much more downfield playmaking and many more drives extended, more clock ran when conversions are made..fewer punts...many more big plays.

I predict if Mahomes plays a full season you better be ready to swallow 28 - 30 ints next year. You will go 8-8. You lost too much. Your DB backfield was gutted. Your offense will have to reboot getting adjusted to Mahomes and well ... Reid is good not God.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Difference between Trubs and Mahomes at a superficial level; Mahomes is a gunslinger , Mitch is a desperado..(not the troll) Mitch will run! How many 3rd and 4th down conversions did Mahomes have that game with his feet?

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Mako Mitch with another kill. (^^^) (^^^) (^^^)
5FCb.gif

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
....bump.... :d

He has a ton of talent but beating the hapless Chargers without Bosa in a stadium that contained more Chiefs than Charger fans is hardly a daunting task. Hill took the wind out of the Chargers before Pat ever stepped on the field.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I have to admit that Mahomes looked impressive. And no turnovers. Dude's ballin'. I've been critical, but he could absolutely end up being the best one in the class. Deshaun Watson falling back down to earth.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I have to admit that Mahomes looked impressive. And no turnovers. Dude's ballin'. I've been critical, but he could absolutely end up being the best one in the class. Deshaun Watson falling back down to earth.

I liked Pat and Watson going into that draft. I had seen plenty of Mahomes in the Big 12 and knew he had excellent accuracy for a kid with a big arm. There’s no question, he has the most arm talent of the three.

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
AFC Offensive player of the week: Pat Mahomes. .....if you watch the replay or all 22 or whatever....the guy goes through progressions and never ever takes his eyes off his targets even as the pass rush is coming....very Bradyesqe in that way. .....going to be a superstar..... The bears bet on the wrong pony.

ndgt10

Liked Posts:
AFC Offensive player of the week: Pat Mahomes. .....if you watch the replay or all 22 or whatever....the guy goes through progressions and never ever takes his eyes off his targets even as the pass rush is coming....very Bradyesqe in that way. .....going to be a superstar..... The bears bet on the wrong pony.
I agree with this.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

It’s a nice start. I’d be careful about crowing too much this early and I like the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.