Malik Nabers is better than MHJ.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

He may not have a HOF daddy but he’s been torching SEC WR’s all year. Just watch this shit.

“The only FBS pass catcher with 1,500-plus receiving yards in 2023, he also leads the country with 34 receptions of 20-plus yards. The only other college receiver with that many explosive catches over the last five years? Another LSU receiver, Ja'Marr Chase,
who had 34 in 2019.”

I fully expect the MHJ is generational crowd to flame this but I’ve found my WR1. Feel free to bump in a few years if I’m wrong!

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

He may not have a HOF daddy but he’s been torching SEC WR’s all year. Just watch this shit.

“The only FBS pass catcher with 1,500-plus receiving yards in 2023, he also leads the country with 34 receptions of 20-plus yards. The only other college receiver with that many explosive catches over the last five years? Another LSU receiver, Ja'Marr Chase,
who had 34 in 2019.”

I fully expect the MHJ is generational crowd to flame this but I’ve found my WR1. Feel free to bump in a few years if I’m wrong!
Sorry I already had this hot take over the weekend. You're late to the party

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

who had 34 in 2019.”

There are 4 really good WR's at the top of this class. MHJ, Nabors, Odunze and Franklin. I'm a homer for Buckeyes but
I think all have a chance to be great.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nice hot take. Idk I’m thinking whoever is not taken by the bears will be the more successful player at the nfl level.

Not my intention. This is my guy unless there is some weird medical or personal issue that comes up. But based on my non-expert tape eval…. He’s my WR1. And he’s PERFECT for Fields. Kid gets more open than Beddard’s mom on a road trip!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
He's my #2 behind Harrison. MHJ has been really good for the last two seasons now and has the size/speed combo you want. They have roughly the same yards and catches over the last two seasons but MHJ blows Nabers away in TDs over that span. Nabers reminds me of a DJ moore type, whereas MHJ seems closer to Julio Jones. Nabers also struggled with drops until this year. He's also not as good of a route runner. I personally have Nabers in a tier below MHJ all by himself. That said, I'm fine with either. Don't mind Odunze or Coleman either.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

who had 34 in 2019.”

Now, do this, give Daniels to Maserati Marv and McCord to Nabers.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I've dropped Odunze down as the year has gone on, and elevated Nabers. Odunze just doesn't demonstrate the route running ability. He wins on back shoulder or at the catch point and finds holes in the zones (easy to do in that offense). I think it's going to take him awhile at the NFL level and he's one of those guys I'll be interested in at the combine,, for his short area quickness.

I've become a bigger fan of Nabers, I think he isn't going to have big issues getting open at the next level. He can also make all the catches. I'd put him behind HHJ still, but I see them as the two elite WR prospects in this class.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Now, do this, give Daniels to Maserati Marv and McCord to Nabers.

Forget about the QBs and numbers…. Watch them play. Nabers is better at getting separation.

(But yes, obviously Nabers has a better QB this year)

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

who had 34 in 2019.”

WRONG!! FLAMED!!!!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Not my intention. This is my guy unless there is some weird medical or personal issue that comes up. But based on my non-expert tape eval…. He’s my WR1. And he’s PERFECT for Fields. Kid gets more open than Beddard’s mom on a road trip!
@tmz

But if they decide to trade down or pick a qb @1 it’s good to know it’s more than a two player draft the year bears have two first rounders and one of them dropping out of the top five

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
MHJ is the supervisor prospect. That’s no disrespect to Nabers. I think he’s going to be a fantastic nfl wr also.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:

who had 34 in 2019.”

Could and would take either. Not sure this is as hot a take as people think. Guessing they both go top 6

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
i dont think its close on mhj vs nabbers...nabbers doesnt seem as refined a route runner and his speed will be a question mark at the combine...his highlight tape looks amazing but really the level of competition in the SEC has been unusually weak. if georgia doesnt win on saturday, the SEC will miss the college playoffs and the last time that happened was nearly ten years ago.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Interesting........but MHJ faster, taller and bred to be a hall of famer.

I’m not sure he’s faster. But that doesn’t matter as much. A WR needs to be fast enough. (They both clearly are) After that it’s more how sudden their change of direction is. That’s what Nabers has. That suddenness. MHJ has it too of course. I just like Nabers more.

And the whole dad thing is overrated.