Malik Nabers is better than MHJ.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
i dont think its close on mhj vs nabbers...nabbers doesnt seem as refined a route runner and his speed will be a question mark at the combine...his highlight tape looks amazing but really the level of competition in the SEC has been unusually weak. if georgia doesnt win on saturday, the SEC will miss the college playoffs and the last time that happened was nearly ten years ago.

Excuse me?

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I get that Nabers stats are comparable to MHJ in a lot of categories, but MHJ has had two very strong years and is a scoring machine. Hard for me not to have MHJ in his own tier this draft but Nabers is definitely in the next tier down and I wouldn't be disappointed if the Bears picked him assuming they get him at the right pick value. A lot comes down to where the Carolina and Bears picks end up and what you might be able to get for a trade down or if Poles has a QB he is sold on. I personally think a trade down to 2 or 3 for MHJ and additional picks is a safer move as the I figure the top 3 QBs likely have 1 out of the 3 that will transcend well into the NFL to be a franchise type player and I don't like the Bears odds or historical experience in choosing the right 1 of the 3.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m not sure he’s faster. But that doesn’t matter as much. A WR needs to be fast enough. (They both clearly are) After that it’s more how sudden their change of direction is. That’s what Nabers has. That suddenness. MHJ has it too of course. I just like Nabers more.

And the whole dad thing is overrated.
Be interesting to see how their NFL careers go. A lot depends on what team they go to.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
I like how consistently impactful Nabers is, too. His "worst" game this season was the opener against FSU where he had 6 catches for 67 yards, and just one game where he had less than 5 catches (hauled in 4 for 121 and 2 TDs in the first half of their blowout against Army). Every other game had at least 5 catches and 87 or more yards.

MHJ had some games where he seemingly disappeared for long stretches, with 4 games with 4 or fewer catches AND 32 yards or less.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I like how consistently impactful Nabers is, too. His "worst" game this season was the opener against FSU where he had 6 catches for 67 yards, and just one game where he had less than 5 catches (hauled in 4 for 121 and 2 TDs in the first half of their blowout against Army). Every other game had at least 5 catches and 87 or more yards.

MHJ had some games where he seemingly disappeared for long stretches, with 4 games with 4 or fewer catches AND 32 yards or less.
Alot of that is based on QB play. OSU QB was pretty bad at the beginning of the season and is just OK now.

Can't really look too much at stats as an indicator of future performance imo.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I think both Nabers and Thomas are excellent receivers. But I also think they benefited greatly from Daniels QB play. If the Bears can't land MHJ, Nabers is a fantastic consolation prize. There are a few receivers I like in this year's draft. I won't start beating the drum for them until later in the new year. I will say after MHJ amd Nabers, there are none I like as much as I liked Nathaniel Tank Dell out of Houston. But there are some good names out there that will have good NFL careers.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, I just spent 10 minutes of critical youtube study on these guy so am now a qualified expert

MJH and Nabers
Coleman
Odunze.

Nabers makes it look too easy in the good way.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Technically everyone's speed is a ? before they've run their 40

I guess. But sometimes all you have to do is just watch the game. Think both Nabers and MHJ have proven over the last two years they are more than fast enough regardless of what they run without pads on.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Alot of that is based on QB play. OSU QB was pretty bad at the beginning of the season and is just OK now.

Can't really look too much at stats as an indicator of future performance imo.
Allot of these guys guaranteed top five players are just trying to make it without a major injury rn. Saw that with Anderson last year.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
i dont think its close on mhj vs nabbers...nabbers doesnt seem as refined a route runner and his speed will be a question mark at the combine...his highlight tape looks amazing but really the level of competition in the SEC has been unusually weak. if georgia doesnt win on saturday, the SEC will miss the college playoffs and the last time that happened was nearly ten years ago.
lmao tell me which conference is going to send more 1st round draft picks this year???

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

He may not have a HOF daddy but he’s been torching SEC WR’s all year. Just watch this shit.

“The only FBS pass catcher with 1,500-plus receiving yards in 2023, he also leads the country with 34 receptions of 20-plus yards. The only other college receiver with that many explosive catches over the last five years? Another LSU receiver, Ja'Marr Chase,
who had 34 in 2019.”

I fully expect the MHJ is generational crowd to flame this but I’ve found my WR1. Feel free to bump in a few years if I’m wrong!
But can he do this on back to back plays?

I would seriously think about Bowers with the Bears second 1st rounder. Remember that a TE is a QBs best friend and Bowers would be better than Kmet because he plays a different TE position and he much more athletic than Kmet.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
lmao tell me which conference is going to send more 1st round draft picks this year???
It will be extremely close between the Big 10 and SEC this year. Just look at the top 32 lists to get an idea.

There are more Big 10 players in Dane Brugler’s Top 32 than SEC.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Its just one mock, so take it for what you will and it will likely be close. but this one has 10 SEC kids and 8 Big10 kids in the first round
Brugler’s top 32 favors the Big 10. It will be close.