Malik Nabers is better than MHJ.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
But can he do this on back to back plays?

I would seriously think about Bowers with the Bears second 1st rounder. Remember that a TE is a QBs best friend and Bowers would be better than Kmet because he plays a different TE position and he much more athletic than Kmet.

He is great. My one hangup is the position vs value vs top 10 pick.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
lmao tell me which conference is going to send more 1st round draft picks this year???
i dont have a crystal ball but like another poster said, use a mock draft or a college top 32 big board and figure it out...do you disagree that this year the SEC has been a disappointment? the last few years the SEC had record numbers of players being drafted into the NFL...that maybe why the SEC has not looked as dominant. the Big 10 came a close second and it wouldnt suprise me if they took over in this draft.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:

He may not have a HOF daddy but he’s been torching SEC WR’s all year. Just watch this shit.

“The only FBS pass catcher with 1,500-plus receiving yards in 2023, he also leads the country with 34 receptions of 20-plus yards. The only other college receiver with that many explosive catches over the last five years? Another LSU receiver, Ja'Marr Chase,
who had 34 in 2019.”

I fully expect the MHJ is generational crowd to flame this but I’ve found my WR1. Feel free to bump in a few years if I’m wrong!
Hes got a much better QB throwing to him and its not even close. That being said you are 100% right, the kid is an absolute stud WR. If a team has their heart set on MHjr but ends up with Nabers i dont think theyll be upset about it in the least. This is a deep draft at WR and Nabers may be a notch above everyone not named Marvin.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say this is a hot take. Really the main thing making MHJ the consensus #1 OA nonqb is his dad being a HoFer. That is a big deal when your kid is also tearing up CFB, makes the pick seem a lot safer.

I like nabers a lot too, and bowers. Would not be mad if they took 2 out of the 3

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Interesting........but MHJ faster, taller and bred to be a hall of famer.
He's not faster. MHJ is a high to mid 4.4 guy. 4.48 to 4.45. Nabers is low 4.4 guy. I'd bet a substantial amount of money I'm pretty spot on both come combine time. Based on play speed and what I see on the field.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Nabers ability to get up to speed is really something. He can cook guys with that stutter step and then just explode past them. I don't think there is any question with anything about his athleticism.
Indeed. I suspect his explosion numbers and 10 split are going to be benchmark numbers, or very close to it at the combine.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Then draft a WR.
He is a wr. That's his skill set. He can line up literally anywhere in the formation. Which makes him a match up nightmare. Some teams will value him more than others based on their scheme.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
Nice hot take. Idk I’m thinking whoever is not taken by the bears will be the more successful player at the nfl level.

this is the way

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He is a wr. That's his skill set. He can line up literally anywhere in the formation. Which makes him a match up nightmare. Some teams will value him more than others based on their scheme.

No he’s not. Literally.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's not faster. MHJ is a high to mid 4.4 guy. 4.48 to 4.45. Nabers is low 4.4 guy. I'd bet a substantial amount of money I'm pretty spot on both come combine time. Based on play speed and what I see on the field.
Yeah, think he's probably just a bit faster.

College Football’s Fastest Players: Most Appearances at 21.0+ mph​

Trey Benson, RB, Florida State: 3 times
Dylan Edwards
, RB, Colorado: 2 times
Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State: 2 times
Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon: 2 times
Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas: 2 times

I think it's splitting hairs but have seen that MHJ has set a goal of 4.38 for his 40 time and been clocked at a high of 23.5 mph in game. Difference in speed not the big difference between the 2 but MHJ the much taller of the 2. Always gonna take that extra height and bigger catch radius at the NFL level especially when it means no sacrifice in speed.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Yeah, think he's probably just a bit faster.

College Football’s Fastest Players: Most Appearances at 21.0+ mph​

Trey Benson, RB, Florida State: 3 times
Dylan Edwards, RB, Colorado: 2 times
Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State: 2 times
Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon: 2 times
Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas: 2 times

I think it's splitting hairs but have seen that MHJ has set a goal of 4.38 for his 40 time and been clocked at a high of 23.5 mph in game. Difference in speed not the big difference between the 2 but MHJ the much taller of the 2. Always gonna take that extra height and bigger catch radius at the NFL level especially when it means no sacrifice in speed.
He's a long strider. His speed is sort of deceptive. Moss was also a long strider but his speed jumped off the screen. But, I agree and like already mentioned it's really not a big deal. He's fast enough and that's all that matters. If he cracks 4.4 at the combine I'll be pretty shocked. Then again, he probably doesn't run until his proday.

napo55

Liked Posts:
I had hopes that Nabers would not garner the attention and worship that MHJ has and be available if the Bears traded down a few picks. But if this message board now understands that Nabers is equal, if not better, then the whole world gets it and that plan is out the window.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I had hopes that Nabers would not garner the attention and worship that MHJ has and be available if the Bears traded down a few picks. But if this message board now understands that Nabers is equal, if not better, then the whole world gets it and that plan is out the window.
Do you think pro scouts that do this for a living would completely miss him?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Nabers play in a lot tougher competitions throughout the seasons than MHJ. Either way, I be happy with either one.
You sure about that? Big Ten have the top 3 defenses in college football (the third being Ohio St), 4 in the top 10, 5 in the top 15, 6 in the top 20. SEC has 3 teams in the top 20 on defense.