Malik Nabers is better than MHJ.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
If his measurables are close to or better than Chase's at the combine, he could definitely go top 6.

We may see something like the 2021 draft with 3 QBs and 3 skill players making up the first 6 picks again.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I fully expect the MHJ is generational crowd to flame this but I’ve found my WR1. Feel free to bump in a few years if I’m wrong!
I'm in that crowd, but I agree that Nabers is in the ballpark. I would be thrilled if the Bears traded down, missed out on Harrison, and still picked Nabers.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I am not someone who puts super high value on drafting WR high, esp when you have a #1 already. There are always guys drafted lower who are successful. The Steelers have made a living off drafting very good WRs in the second and later, and really most of the best WRs weren't drafted in the top 15. Jefferson, Lamb, Metcalf, Borwn, Cupp, Moore, Samuel, Aiyuk. Flowers, Rice, Dell, and Nacua this past year.

That said, it will depend on FA. If the Bears sign a clear #2, say Calvin Ridley or Hollywood Brown or Gabe Davis, then I think it's pretty easy to wait unless the value is too much to pass up. If they don't you kinda have to draft one in the top 3 rounds because it's pretty obvious Mooney isn't a #2 anymore. That could change with a different OC and or Qb though.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I am not someone who puts super high value on drafting WR high, esp when you have a #1 already. There are always guys drafted lower who are successful. The Steelers have made a living off drafting very good WRs in the second and later, and really most of the best WRs weren't drafted in the top 15. Jefferson, Lamb, Metcalf, Borwn, Cupp, Moore, Samuel, Aiyuk. Flowers, Rice, Dell, and Nacua this past year.

That said, it will depend on FA. If the Bears sign a clear #2, say Calvin Ridley or Hollywood Brown or Gabe Davis, then I think it's pretty easy to wait unless the value is too much to pass up. If they don't you kinda have to draft one in the top 3 rounds because it's pretty obvious Mooney isn't a #2 anymore. That could change with a different OC and or Qb though.

Tee Higgins too if available

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I'd prefer not to spend cap on a #2 WR. Quite honestly, drafting a MHJ or Nabers puts a #1 in the waiting so the Bears are able to let Moore walk when his contract is up if they so choose.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I'd prefer not to spend cap on a #2 WR. Quite honestly, drafting a MHJ or Nabers puts a #1 in the waiting so the Bears are able to let Moore walk when his contract is up if they so choose.
But it also might be better to daft someone at a position where the Bears currently don't have very good players, like IDL or maybe OT? Also can't bank on either of those guys being there if you aren't taking one with CAR's pick. It obviously matters what they are able to get in free agency.

Either way, I'll be happy if they draft either of those guys, they are both great prospects.

Fwiw I i hope they don't move on from Moore, he is a great player and will only be entering his age 29 season when he beomces a FA.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I have strong doubts Nabers ends up better than MHJ but if the actual choice ends up being MHJ or Nabers+Maye+ NE's 2nd round + NE's '25 1st then I think the package is going to be way better for the team than the blue chip WR.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Nd9GcRaF6mI0cARmJZeVI6Ga2mNeii6j4GSSccfQw&usqp=CAU.jpg

Yogi

Liked Posts:
Everyone likes to cite MHJ being 6'4", but for being 6'4", he has remarkably few "fuck you, I'm 6'4" and you're not" plays, which you would hope would be more evident.

He's just not a physical receiver compared to a much smaller Nabers, who has tons of "that's my ball" and "lol, you're not tackling me" plays.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

msadows

Liked Posts:
Everyone likes to cite MHJ being 6'4", but for being 6'4", he has remarkably few "fuck you, I'm 6'4" and you're not" plays, which you would hope would be more evident.

He's just not a physical receiver compared to a much smaller Nabers, who has tons of "that's my ball" and "lol, you're not tackling me" plays.

He's a finesse WR in a possesion WR's frame. Nothing wrong with that. His catch radius is still insane for a WR.

In todays NFL you dont really need/want a WR that plays like George Pickens. Most of the guys dominating do so by speed and route running.