Malik Nabers is better than MHJ.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel said today he’s made calls around the league and MHJ may NOT be the #1 WR and some of his contacts like Nabers better. Said all the media types love MHJ but it’s not consensus in the league.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel said today he’s made calls around the league and MHJ may NOT be the #1 WR and some of his contacts like Nabers better. Said all the media types love MHJ but it’s not consensus in the league.
Nabers likely is going to be out of bears range with their 2nd pick. I still think bears take qb at 1 but we will see. If not they could probably trade back and get 1 of the 2 wrs if they stay top 5 or 6

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

#2 on their list. They absolutely love him. Could be a top 5 player in this class. Comp'd to DJ Moore and Antonio Brown. BTW, they have Coleman ranked low

That’s a great watch to get up to speed on this class.

Nice to see them absolutely geeking out on Nabers. I’m just an arm chair scout so fun to see others agree with me that Nabers is a beast.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:

#2 on their list. They absolutely love him. Could be a top 5 player in this class. Comp'd to DJ Moore and Antonio Brown. BTW, they have Coleman ranked low
I really like his #14 Malachi Corley - I think he actually IS the type of player Poles was hoping to get in VJJ, except hes not 28. years old.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not my intention. This is my guy unless there is some weird medical or personal issue that comes up. But based on my non-expert tape eval…. He’s my WR1. And he’s PERFECT for Fields. Kid gets more open than Beddard’s mom on a road trip!
While I can't top this analogy nor should I try, but....

Nabers comp of DJ Moore is very real.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Didnt even know nabers played.

He went to the worst possible situation. Danny Dimes is as innacurate as mitch would be downfield. Draft one of the best deep threats in the draft and pair him with that bum. Sad times.

Likely he has 3-4 productive years before the CTE sets in and he becomes the next antonio brown.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He went to the worst possible situation. Danny Dimes is as innacurate as mitch would be downfield. Draft one of the best deep threats in the draft and pair him with that bum. Sad times.

Likely he has 3-4 productive years before the CTE sets in and he becomes the next antonio brown.
I like Nabers and Bowers and lot, but hate the situations they ended up in. I think Nabers will probably still get targets and catches though... just inconsistent shit like Garrett Wilson last year... and being a rookie, it could look pretty bad.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I preferred Odunze but Nabers is a unique talent too.

In fairness to Nabers (via The Athletic):

“First, he dominated the Giants’ cornerbacks daily to open training camp. This week, a new challenge came against the Detroit Lions in joint practices. Nabers proved that his success against his teammates wasn’t a fluke as he routinely torched Lions cornerbacks in the two practices.

“I feel like it’s just an evaluation of what I can do, what I can’t do,” Nabers said. “As I go out here, and I show them that there’s not a lot that I can’t do. So, as many times as I make plays, the more opportunities that will come my way.”

0521_MalikNabers_Feature-1024x512.png
GO DEEPER
Malik Nabers wants to 'destroy you,' and that's why the Giants wanted him

More opportunities will certainly come Nabers’ way, as he is already established as the team’s most dangerous weapon. Nabers made four catches Tuesday, highlighted by a 25-yard touchdown grab after beating Lions rookie cornerback Terrion Arnold on a fade route. The Giants’ offense otherwise looked disjointed when the ball was not thrown to the explosive first-round pick.

“I’m just out here trying to compete at the highest point, make plays when I got the opportunity, continue to show my coaches that I’m able to play in this league,” Nabers said.

tyImages-2156366278-scaled-e1722959152798-1024x683.jpg
GO DEEPER
Malik Nabers, Kerby Joseph throw punches as fights continue at Lions-Giants joint practices

Nabers’ impressive showing came to an ugly end when he pushed Lions safety Kerby Joseph in the face on his way back to the huddle after failing to snag a fade from quarterback Daniel Jones in a red-zone drill late in practice. A nasty brawl ensued, with Nabers and Joseph exchanging wild punches.”

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/56...ons-training-camp/?source=user_shared_articleGiants’ Malik Nabers torches Lions DBs: ‘There’s not a lot that I can’t do’

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He's going to be electric. Yeah it'll be somewhat inconsistent because of D.Jones but i have him at 100+ targets and a 1,000+ yards.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He's going to be electric. Yeah it'll be somewhat inconsistent because of D.Jones but i have him at 100+ targets and a 1,000+ yards.

How long until he's slapping jones in the face for overthrowing him by a mile on a wide open deep route?

Dude screams off the field issues. Super talented but my guess is that the other LSU guy outperforms him solely due to the QB situation. Trevor Lawrence>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Danny Dimes

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

No way he'll be as talented as AB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
How long until he's slapping jones in the face for overthrowing him by a mile on a wide open deep route?

Dude screams off the field issues. Super talented but my guess is that the other LSU guy outperforms him solely due to the QB situation. Trevor Lawrence>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Danny Dimes
Trevor has C.Kirk, Gabe Davis and E.Engram to throw to with Brian Thomas Jr and Danny really only has Nabers and then a lot of nothing. Darren Waller retired but maybe they'll use Jalen Hyatt more this year.

I can see Nabers being a S.Diggs type that shows his frustrations towards his QB on the field and sidelines though.