Mandatory mini camp

Stonewall

Liked Posts:
He threw him open. Beautiful. I mean the CB (Thomas Graham) was beaten the entire time, but by putting the ball where he did he avoided #45 underneath.

I dont think Tribusiky would even be able to see this throw.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw a mini camp video of borom pushing Jenkins in a drill and then they ran back to the LOS.

I noticed that Jenkins is severely knock kneed! Looks really girly when he runs. I’m not saying he’s going to be a bust but he looks very awkward.

borom on the other hand looks like a beast, physically. I bet he starts sooner than later. He’s going to be a beast
TJ is extremely strong in his legs.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

The DB group is the position to watch in camp, especially if Fields doesn't have a legit shot to start Week 1. The one thing the Bears D had going for it was having a known commodity at every position. Mack at OLB, Hicks at DL, Trevathan at LB, Fuller at CB, Jackson at S. Mack is still Mack. Hicks' dependability has seemingly been passed on to Nichols. Smith has taken over as the stud we hoped he'd be. But it's probably too soon to say Johnson is dependable at CB, and Jackson really struggled last year.

I think Jackson will comeback as a playmaker with change in DC. And if healthy, Johnson has the pedigree and talent to be a solid CB. But other than that, the Bears have a couple veterans in Trufant and Gipson who are probably no better than mediocre and a bunch of unproven guys. Vildor is the unproven guy I have the most faith in for 2021. He wasn't the highest draft pick but he's a guy that was battle tested in college (vs Justin Jefferson at that) and has pretty good traits and confidence. Even if Trufant is CB2 and Shelley or someone else is the nickel, the Bears are going to need someone else to step up as they have a lot of health issues on the roster as well. The Bears don't have any other Day 1 or 2 picks (that haven't been busts with another team already) besides Johnson. Vildor potentially becoming a starter quality CB means they wouldn't be forced to pick one early (or worse, pay a FA) next year.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Andy could throw 22 interceptions in a day and it won’t matter because Andy is the starter and Fields has no chance to start week 1
I think he does but Nagy won't float it out there. That said, I think it's unlikely he starts week one but it shouldn't take too long to transition. Part of the reason is because the Bear want Fields to be working on his craft as opposed to just looking for short term results of a competition. He's smart and would win a straight up a competition. Everyone knows he's the eventual starter and he's got 2 vets to learn the finer points from. Why make it adversarial?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Andy could throw 22 interceptions in a day and it won’t matter because Andy is the starter and Fields has no chance to start week 1
Disagree. Why would any coaching staff put in a quarterback that isn’t ready to play regardless of years of service. If “quarterback a” isn’t ready to play then to have to play whoever is “quarterback b”

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Why bring Favre into this?
Just looking at qbs who did sit behind another when they were clearly the future. Trying to figure out what a suitable situation is for you?

Personally I want fields to play, but I don't mind dalton/foles being around as sounding boards for him as they are intelligent guys that understand the game

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Favre? Just looking at qbs who did sit behind another when they were clearly the future. Trying to figure out what a suitable situation is for you?

Personally I want fields to play, but I don't mind dalton/foles being around as sounding boards for him as they are intelligent guys that understand the game
Favre didn't school Rodgers..He said in the media that it isnt his job to teach Rodgers..The Packers coaches brought Rodgers along.

We know that Trubisky had better numbers last year than Dalton did, so using your logic of it being OK for Dalton to school Fields, I guess you would be OK with Trubisky schooling Fields..Am I right?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Favre didn't school Rodgers..He said in the media that it isnt his job to teach Rodgers..The Packers coaches brought Rodgers along.

We know that Trubisky had better numbers last year than Dalton did, so using your logic of it being OK for Dalton to school Fields, I guess you would be OK with Trubisky schooling Fields..Am I right?
Not at all. I've specifically said the qbs numbers don't matter for them to be a mentor, it is more about their mental acuity

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Why it took 3 years. :p