Mannelly weighs in on Briggs

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
New sports radio host points to a development as something that could be a big problem!? zomg NOOOOO

lol

Anyone think we will remember Briggs missed half a practice 2 weeks from now? lolz

Yes. Because it's in the log now.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The thing with Briggs is that he plays well all pudgy, Biff. I guess the question is how that relates to age. He's never been a guy who doesn't give effort.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I have always been a huge fan of Lance Briggs, and I do not like the idea of him missing practice this week.

Same, I Have always been a fan of Briggs and have his jersey. I disagree with the timing of taking the day off.
I have been Lance neutral, esp since his declaration of never playing for the Bears again and his forcing a trade stance in years past. He only now "wants to retire a Bear" because he wants to create a warm fuzzy. He is smart enough to see what Urlachers stance got him.

The missed practice, in and of itself is of little consequence towards Lance's play, but it does give a glimpse of priority level. Manning, Brady, AP, C Johnson, P Willis, I can't see these "team leaders" missing a practice to shmooze at a restaurant grand opening just before a season opener. But again being its Briggs, is not a shocker, it's his MO. He is a former Pro Bowl player in the twilight of his career, he just doesn't possess that storybook team devotion that many want, nothing more nothing less.

Sort of Tiki Barber-esque

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
The thing with Briggs is that he plays well all pudgy, Biff. I guess the question is how that relates to age. He's never been a guy who doesn't give effort.

So he had gained weight, played like absolute shit against the Eagles and Packers, two chances to clinch the division and

"But, like the Bears’ performance against the Eagles as a whole, the game film only confirmed what the naked eye saw in a 54-11 loss Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field. Playing for the first time in nine weeks since suffering a fractured left shoulder, Briggs made little impact — one assisted tackle and a
minus-4.3 rating by Pro Football Focus. It was Briggs’ lowest tackle total in a full game in his
11-year career and his lowest rating since PFF’s inception in 2008."

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He wasn't expecting to return for the regular season but was asked to come back early out of need. And this relates to a day off, how? You're simply pointing to the fact that this is SOP for Briggs and he was never a leader. Something we've all copped to.

So? 1/2 practice and and some made up shit about Trestman is going to fix him? We all agree Briggs is about Briggs and looked meh in the pre. Nothing new there either. Thing is that he still loves game day and when it's on, he'll play well. Wont be all he can be for a few weeks nor the 1st time that's happened but will probably be the last. Then you can bitch about how we got rid of another old Pro Bowler that was done and in the next breath, bitch about our age.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
I have to admit that my hope was that the Bears linebacker corp would be such that Lance could retire as a Bear before this season even started.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For those of you who forgot how shitty Briggs played and how fat he looked in the Eagles here's a "professional journalist's" article to help you remember where Briggs' head was when it mattered with two games to go to clinch a playoff spot.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/foot...urn-was-as-bad-as-it-looked.html#.VAckCWK9KSM
‘‘I didn’t see his conditioning to be an issue relative to how long he’s been out,’’ Tucker said. ‘‘So with [59] plays and the intensity with which he plays, that’s pretty much what we expected, and he didn’t disappoint us.’’

yep his head totally wasn't in the game. Delusional freak.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Bears made a mistake keeping Briggs around last year and now this year. He was always a product of playing next to Urlacher. As soon as they decided to move on from Urlacher, they should have also cut Briggs. Bostic should have playing WLB all of last season and by now he would have a good grasp of what it takes to play at the NFL level. Instead he got thrust into a position he wasn't suited for due to injury. Now Bostic will be sitting on the bench again for most of the season provided one of Briggs or DJ Williams doesn't get hurt. Asset management has been very poor on the defensive side of the ball under Trestman and Emery unfortunately.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Did Mannelly also try to guess what Briggs weighs in at these days?

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I do think it's funny that Arkush thinks that people are worried about his travel schedule. I'm going to lose some sleep over that.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
i am failing to see why this is even remotely an issue.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears made a mistake keeping Briggs around last year and now this year. He was always a product of playing next to Urlacher. As soon as they decided to move on from Urlacher, they should have also cut Briggs. Bostic should have playing WLB all of last season and by now he would have a good grasp of what it takes to play at the NFL level. Instead he got thrust into a position he wasn't suited for due to injury. Now Bostic will be sitting on the bench again for most of the season provided one of Briggs or DJ Williams doesn't get hurt. Asset management has been very poor on the defensive side of the ball under Trestman and Emery unfortunately.

LOL. If you think Lovie/JA would have not resigned Urlacher and kept Briggs starting through the end of his deal, you just haven't been paying any attention. That is the regime that brought in Lovie's home boys, Pace and Archleta when they were less effective than Briggs could ever be this season. Not just retain them but proactively sign them.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
That awkward moment when you realize Briggs is missing a practice conducted by Mel Tucker...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I asked you a question or did you forget about last season already?

For those of you who forgot how shitty Briggs played and how fat he looked in the Eagles here's a "professional journalist's" article to help you remember where Briggs' head was when it mattered with two games to go to clinch a playoff spot.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/foot...urn-was-as-bad-as-it-looked.html#.VAckCWK9KSM

Where exactly does this article make a statement on where Briggs' head was? Are you making the conclusion that Tucker's comment about Briggs remaining healthy means that Briggs' head wasn't in the game? Because I think that's asinine.

So he had gained weight, played like absolute shit against the Eagles and Packers, two chances to clinch the division and

"But, like the Bears’ performance against the Eagles as a whole, the game film only confirmed what the naked eye saw in a 54-11 loss Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field. Playing for the first time in nine weeks since suffering a fractured left shoulder, Briggs made little impact — one assisted tackle and a
minus-4.3 rating by Pro Football Focus. It was Briggs’ lowest tackle total in a full game in his
11-year career and his lowest rating since PFF’s inception in 2008."

He had two bad games after missing over two months of football. Is this such a crime? It's damn hard to get back into football shape after missing that much time in the middle of the season. Yeah, it appeared that he put some weight on. You want to equate that with "quitting" on his team then go right ahead. I'm not.