Marc Ross: Bowers not a special player

AuCN

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
YOU SURE ABOUT THAT!? I can't even find a RAS score for Bowers, which is funny because you said it was 2nd none. But...

They said RAC

Which we all know is... Run After Cheese

clumsy-cheese-rolling.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Myk

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Problem is Baltimore has the deepest TE room in the league with Andrews, Likely and Kolar(?).
I hear ya, but it could make some sense. Andrews carries about a 16 mil cap hit the next 2 years. After next year, his dead cap isn’t that high if they think Bowers can be the heir and if they want to reallocate resources elsewhere while Bowers is in a rookie contract.

I don’t know, I just think he would be hard to stop in that offense.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I hear ya, but it could make some sense. Andrews carries about a 16 mil cap hit the next 2 years. After next year, his dead cap isn’t that high if they think Bowers can be the heir and if they want to reallocate resources elsewhere while Bowers is in a rookie contract.

I don’t know, I just think he would be hard to stop in that offense.
Why is that? BAL is a run heavy offense that I imagine requires their TEs to line up on the line.

Bowers will thrive in a spread type offense imo. That's NOT the Ravens.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Why is that? BAL is a run heavy offense that I imagine requires their TEs to line up on the line.

Bowers will thrive in a spread type offense imo. That's NOT the Ravens.
Bowers seemed to do ok when Monken was OC at UGA. I think he’d find a way to use him once again.

Liked Posts:
Bowers run blocking in space would spell automatic homeruns for Swift. Can you imagine?
I would love it. I love the way that Bowers rumsnhis routs beautifully, then slams into another gear the second his hands touch an incoming pass.

Bowers would give the Bears the best 12 personel in the game for an OC that bases his system on a 12 personel and even alot of 13 personel also.

I don't think for a second that a 2 year/6million dollar low second tier FA signing like Everett eliminates the possibility of taking Bowers either.

Caleb Williams

Cole Kmet

Brock Bowers

Allen/Moore/ROUND 3 WR

Swift/Johnson

That's a nasty unit

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I would love it. I love the way that Bowers rumsnhis routs beautifully, then slams into another gear the second his hands touch an incoming pass.

Bowers would give the Bears the best 12 personel in the game for an OC that bases his system on a 12 personel and even alot of 13 personel also.

I don't think for a second that a 2 year/6million dollar low second tier FA signing like Everett eliminates the possibility of taking Bowers either.

Caleb Williams

Cole Kmet

Brock Bowers

Allen/Moore/ROUND 3 WR

Swift/Johnson

That's a nasty unit
But he's not big enough on Twitter lol

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:

Caleb Williams

Cole Kmet

Brock Bowers

Allen/Moore/ROUND 3 WR

Swift/Johnson

That's a nasty unit
I agree. Bowers-Kmet and Moore-Allen is a good unit. Swift is the underrated signing. He’s going to be very good.

I still think Odunze may make it to 9. He is also obviously in play for Poles if he makes it that far.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Caleb Williams

Cole Kmet

Brock Bowers

Allen/Moore/ROUND 3 WR

Swift/Johnson

That's a nasty unit
Please don’t let @Black Rainbow see this. He doesn’t understand what Waldron likes to do and the value of running out of 12 and 13 for a young QB.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Caleb Williams

Cole Kmet

Brock Bowers

Allen/Moore/ROUND 3 WR

Swift/Johnson

That's a nasty unit

Trenches?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I don't watch Alabama, so I don't know.

Are the Bears going to run a lot of 3 TE sets next year?
I’m an Odunze supporter, but you obviously don’t know what Bowers represents on a football field.

They could play him as a big slot, as an H Back and at the boundary. At Georgia, he occasionally took carries out of the backfield in short yardage. He’s an elite offensive chess piece that can be used to create mismatches all over the field.

By the way, Waldron likes to run out of 12 and 13. So again, stop being an idiot.

Right now, the Bears only have two legitimate NFL TEs.

Currently, Stephen Carlson is TE 3.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m an Odunze supporter, but you obviously don’t know what Bowers represents on a football field.

They could play him as a big slot, as an H Back and at the boundary. At Georgia, he occasionally took carries out of the backfield in short yardage. He’s an elite offensive chess piece that can be used to create mismatches all over the field.

By the way, Waldron likes to run out of 12 and 13. So again, stop being an idiot.

Right now, the Bears only have two legitimate NFL TEs.

Currently, Stephen Carlson is TE 3.
Deflected the question - big surprise.

🤣😆🤣