Harris, ORL
Antetokounmpo, MIL
Parsons, DAL
Carroll, TOR
Barnes, GSW
Barton, DEN
Fournier, ORL
Bazemore, ATL

I'd say at best he is top 10 somewhere after Hayward at #9.
Nah, Iggy, Greek Freak, and Parsons are all clearly better imo.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wilson Chandler:

Career average PPG: 14
Career high: 15

Career average 3P%: 34
Career high: 41 (3 attemps per game)

Career average eFG%: 49
Career high: 51

Career average TS%: 52
Career high: 55

Career average PER: 13
Career high: 16

He's a decent player but not even remotely a top 10 SF which is his listed position for the past 5+ years. We should get a similar player in free agency without giving up picks. Hell, wouldn't be crazy to end up with a better player in the draft either.

You're assuming a lot when you think the Bulls can easily get a better player in free agency or the draft.

Before you make statements like Chandler is not even remotely a top 10 player at his position, you should look at the other players in that category with him. Iguodala is in that category. The Greek Freak. Chandler Parsons. None of those guys scream star player either.

Chandler is mediocre in terms of efficiency but does a lot as an all-around player. He would help this team a lot by adding a "glue guy" into the Bulls' current weakest position. There's no way this team would have twenty losses right now if it wasn't for lackluster SF play. And Chandler eliminates that problem.

You can always flip a guy like Niko or Taj for picks down the road. The Bulls need to get caliber players now. Not wait until they develop through the draft. Or hope a league minimum free agent is going to magically make the difference.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
How bout something like Gasol and Snell for Courtney Lee, Matt Barnes, 2016 2nd rounder and 2018 2nd rounder

Lee and Barnes are both expirings. Barnes brings some toughness and Lee brings at least a somewhat consistent and balanced wing player. Pau could go play with his brother. Instead of losing him for nothing this off-season we get two 2nd round picks which probably won't amount to a whole lot, but it's better than losing Gasol for nothing in free agency. Could possibly use them for a draft and stash. Honestly, I think this type of deal are the best we could get for Pau. Wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls have only received similar type deals. Nothing is going to be ground breaking but this team obviously needs a shake up.

What's funny is that if GarPax would have simply traded Asik for Courtney Lee during our first year with Thibs and the Bench Mob, it's quite possible that we would have won a couple championships. Instead, they stood pat with SG Keith Bogans and by keeping Asik (left at the end of the next season via RFA with no assets back to the Bulls).

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

I'd take everyone on that list over Chandler personally. Especially when you factor in age, upside and salary. Even without those things, I'd still prob take everyone on that list.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
What's funny is that if GarPax would have simply traded Asik for Courtney Lee during our first year with Thibs and the Bench Mob, it's quite possible that we would have won a couple championships. Instead, they stood pat with SG Keith Bogans and by keeping Asik (left at the end of the next season via RFA with no assets back to the Bulls).

Let's not get crazy now. Swapping Asik for Lee would have resulted in zero championships. I think the FO should have traded Asik before they lost him for nothing, but it wouldn't have brought home any rings. Asik was hugely important to the Bulls success back in 2010 and considering Rose's injury, how the hell do you think we would have won a couple championships? Lol....

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'd lean towards Iggy in the minutes he plays for sure. But he's getting up there in age and the minutes he plays is going down.

Greek Freak I'd lean towards too and he's on an upward trend.

Parsons, I'm not so sure. He's a below average defender. He is a better offensive player though. But Chandler has the clear edge rebounding as well. You'd at least have to think about it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd take everyone on that list over Chandler personally. Especially when you factor in age, upside and salary. Even without those things, I'd still prob take everyone on that list.
Yeah I suppose you can make an argument for just about everyone on that list. Personally I'd say Fournier and Bazemore are definitely worse ignoring age and contract, but I get what you're saying and don't disagree.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
You're assuming a lot when you think the Bulls can easily get a better player in free agency or the draft.

Before you make statements like Chandler is not even remotely a top 10 player at his position, you should look at the other players in that category with him. Iguodala is in that category. The Greek Freak. Chandler Parsons. None of those guys scream star player either.

Chandler is mediocre in terms of efficiency but does a lot as an all-around player. He would help this team a lot by adding a "glue guy" into the Bulls' current weakest position. There's no way this team would have twenty losses right now if it wasn't for lackluster SF play. And Chandler eliminates that problem.

You can always flip a guy like Niko or Taj for picks down the road. The Bulls need to get caliber players now. Not wait until they develop through the draft. Or hope a league minimum free agent is going to magically make the difference.

Parsons is pretty damn close to all-star caliber when healthy. Much more so than Chandler. Iggy? Finals MVP. Greek Freak? At 21 years old is putting up a better season than anything Chanlder has ever done. Not to mention being a better rebounder and defender. If I'm going to sacrifice cap space and flexibility on a player, that player better put us over the top. That would be an all-star caliber player. But would I sacrifice flexibility for a relatively average SF like Chandler? No.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IParsons, I'm not so sure. He's a below average defender. He is a better offensive player though. But Chandler has the clear edge rebounding as well. You'd at least have to think about it.
Parsons can do more for you on the court. Better shooter, better scorer, better playmaker. I don't think Parsons' defense is that bad nor do I think the rebounding difference is as large as you make it to be. If you factor in contract, I probably take Chandler, but players in a vacuum, I take Parsons every time.

Either way I wouldn't give up picks for them.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
Let's not get crazy now. Swapping Asik for Lee would have resulted in zero championships.

Wait. One. Minute.

How many championships did we win by keeping Asik?

We would have probably won that first year Miami got together if we would have snagged Lee before the trading deadline. An argument could be made that a secondary ballhandler/scorer would have lightened the load for Rose and possibly helped him avoid some injuries back then.

If you plan on turning this into yet another one of your anti-Rose agenda discussions, I will just bow out now.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Parsons can do more for you on the court. Better shooter, better scorer, better playmaker. I don't think Parsons' defense is that bad nor do I think the rebounding difference is as large as you make it to be. If you factor in contract, I probably take Chandler, but players in a vacuum, I take Parsons every time.

Either way I wouldn't give up picks for them.

We are talking about mid-to-late first rounders here. Do you really think the Bulls are going to realistically land another Jimmy Butler here? And even Butler took a couple of years to develop into an all-star. By the time the Bulls can realistically develop a mid-to-late 1st round wing into a formidable starter, Rose will undoubtedly be on the physical decline (even if you argue he is not currently).

I'd personally go for the safe bet and pay Wilson's salary and know what you're getting (especially before the new cap goes into effect), than realistically landing another McBuckets or Snell.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We are talking about mid-to-late first rounders here. Do you really think the Bulls are going to realistically land another Jimmy Butler here? And even Butler took a couple of years to develop into an all-star. By the time the Bulls can realistically develop a mid-to-late 1st round wing into a formidable starter, Rose will undoubtedly be on the physical decline (even if you argue he is not currently).

I'd personally go for the safe bet and pay Wilson's salary and know what you're getting (especially before the new cap goes into effect), than realistically landing another McBuckets or Snell.
GarPax generally hit more than miss on late picks, so I'm willing to bet they can find another Wilson Chandler.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Wait. One. Minute.

How many championships did we win by keeping Asik?

We would have probably won that first year Miami got together if we would have snagged Lee before the trading deadline. An argument could be made that a secondary ballhandler/scorer would have lightened the load for Rose and possibly helped him avoid some injuries back then.

If you plan on turning this into yet another one of your anti-Rose agenda discussions, I will just bow out now.

Do you have mental problems?

How is this anti rose? You were the one who made the claim "we probably would have won a couple championships with lee"

Lee would not have been the difference in 2010. After winning the first game, they beat us 4x in a row. Lee would not have prevented that. Furthermore, as we all know, Rose got injured, thus closing the door on any championship hopes for this team. If you think Lee could have brought us a ring despite that, I have found a new level of crazy on this forum.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
GarPax generally hit more than miss on late picks, so I'm willing to bet they can find another Wilson Chandler.

Obviously, I wouldn't advocate giving up a first rounder unless that is what it took to flip Noah's expiring to Denver for Chandler (a player of cost yet does have real value). But I do think that if that is truly what Denver demanded, it would be worth the "risk".

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Obviously, I wouldn't advocate giving up a first rounder unless that is what it took to flip Noah's expiring to Denver for Chandler (a player of cost yet does have real value). But I do think that if that is truly what Denver demanded, it would be worth the "risk".
I guess I just disagree.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess I just disagree.

I don't really think it would be a bad deal for Denver without any picks involved. They shed WC's contract (they are in need of more re-tooling anyway) and bring back in Noah for what will likely be less dollars per year at a position they are in more need of filling. Adding Noah next to Faried gives Denver serious interior defense.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't really think it would be a bad deal for Denver without any picks involved. They shed WC's contract (they are in need of more re-tooling anyway) and bring back in Noah for what will likely be less dollars per year at a position they are in more need of filling. Adding Noah next to Faried gives Denver serious interior defense.
Except they have like 3 centers already in Nurkic, Laugverne, and Jokic. Plus Hickson.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And Noah is a much better center than all 4.
Well sure, but filling implies that there is a lack of players filling that position, which there is not. Or at least that's just how I read it.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Going forward, I would much rather have Nurkic.