Marinelli DC signed with the Bucs

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Correct. But the notion that he met with the team in the locker room after the game, the Bucs called him, hammered out a negotiation and signed the deal less in about an hour is pretty unrealistic

He actually hasn't signed anything yet. If you click through to the PFT twitter link that the article is based on, it says that he is "expected" to become DC in Tampa.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Even though it's not official, you would think more could have been done to keep this hush hush for a few days. Could have been handled better. Oh well, not our problem.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Yes, you will find outside of this message board, that Lovie is one of the most respected men in the NFL.

True, but still Id argue that job security in Dallas is higher than Tampa Bay. That was my only point.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Marinelli has more job security in Dallas, but at his age does he really care? He would probably rather be with his friend, and get access to the superior talent available on defense in Tampa rather than Dallas.

weaponx24

DA BEARS!
Liked Posts:
Not surprised by this. Still thin they should have waited until tomorrow to announce it.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
True, but still Id argue that job security in Dallas is higher than Tampa Bay. That was my only point.

I think it would be hard for him to work for an extended period of time under Jerry Jones. He cannot keep his hands out of the team. Too bad Phildo pissed him off and hired the wrong head coach.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Correct. But the notion that he met with the team in the locker room after the game, the Bucs called him, hammered out a negotiation and signed the deal less in about an hour is pretty unrealistic

Not if thats where he wants to go. No reason buccs can't have a contract ready. All he has to do is say yes when they call. Much ado about nothing.

Defense Wins

Liked Posts:
Good for Rod, him an Lovie will build another monster Defense in Tampa. Hopefully Lovie can land Winston and a good OC...

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lovie's quote: "Now instead of we get off of the bus running, our defense is going to get off of the bus hobbling"!

Has anyone ever seen Marinelli and Gabby Hayes in the same picture?

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marinelli is a piece of shit in my book. More loyal to Lovie than the Bears Organization.

The coaching game seems to be all about who you know. It seems practical to be loyal to a coach over a team. Lovie seemsto have been loyal to Rod in return.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
What's this rambling about? It wasn't even true.