Marmol DFA; release Ian Stewart

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wasn't referring to you, I know a lot of people said it was a bad trade, but the point I was making was that the Cubs did give up quite a bit, and some people fail to realize that.

We will see I guess on the latter part. I don't think Tyler Colvin is a starting right fielder, but I could be wrong. DJ LaMahieu has always seemed like a tweener, but if he can stick at 2B than I could see him as a decent second divsion starter. Again could be wrong on these, but I hardly think the Cubs gave up difference maker type talent.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
We will see I guess on the latter part. I don't think Tyler Colvin is a starting right fielder, but I could be wrong. DJ LaMahieu has always seemed like a tweener, but if he can stick at 2B than I could see him as a decent second divsion starter. Again could be wrong on these, but I hardly think the Cubs gave up difference maker type talent.
Yeah I won't be white-knighting those guys as stars, but they were/are solid pieces to a MLB bench.

Just wish they could have gotten more for them, but at least Theo tried to work his magic.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I won't be white-knighting those guys as stars, but they were/are solid pieces to a MLB bench.

Just wish they could have gotten more for them, but at least Theo tried to work his magic.

They aren't nothing, and the Cubs clearly lost the deal. Hopefully they aren't many more losses on that front.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was telling on the Score this morning that Cubs apologist Len Kasper said

a) The Cubs lost the Stewart trade
b) The Cubs gave up a lot to get Stewart.

A lot more then they should have, but in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't much, two bench players or AAAA players isn't much... but for Stewart it can be considered that way.