Martellus Bennett traded to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
We are all grownups (hopefully). This is America and we are free to express our opinions.

If people want to hate the trade, then so be it. Personally, I think we got good value for Bennett given the fact that he had attitude problems on 3 teams and it was the last year of his contract. I don't think "we are rebuilding". I think we are good enough to make a playoff run this year. I don't think the difference between Bennett and whatever TE we throw out there is going to make a big difference. One, because he is not much better than Miller (if at all) and two, he pussified whatever rib injury he had and even quit during the Thanksgiving Packers game. I would rather have a guy that has a legitimate history of injuries that will bust his ass vs a guy that has marginal injuries that doesn't have the heart to compete. Besides, every report out there is praising Pace for such a good trade.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
and two, he pussified whatever rib injury he had and even quit during the Thanksgiving Packers game

Not going to do it... Must fight it.... Not taking the bait.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I like him on the roster. I don't like him as our only skilled player at the position.

The offseason isn't over yet. There is still FA, the draft, June 1st cuts, camp cuts...

We didn't get the right value for this player on this trade.

I'll explain it a third time: The market is whatever the buyer is willing to pay.

Sure, but as I have said 100x, I'm an advocate of winning. Taking Cutlers weapons away doesn't help himor the team win.

"As I have said 100x, I'm an advocate of winning...that's why I'm criticizing the team for trading players who were impediments to building a winning, team-first culture!"

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We are all grownups (hopefully). This is America and we are free to express our opinions.

If people want to hate the trade, then so be it. Personally, I think we got good value for Bennett given the fact that he had attitude problems on 3 teams and it was the last year of his contract. I don't think "we are rebuilding". I think we are good enough to make a playoff run this year. I don't think the difference between Bennett and whatever TE we throw out there is going to make a big difference. One, because he is not much better than Miller (if at all) and two, he pussified whatever rib injury he had and even quit during the Thanksgiving Packers game. I would rather have a guy that has a legitimate history of injuries that will bust his ass vs a guy that has marginal injuries that doesn't have the heart to compete. Besides, every report out there is praising Pace for such a good trade.

It wasn't that he pussified his injury, it's just the Bears realized they were better off by IR'ing him and removing the distraction. It's addition by subtraction. The dude is a fucking Special person. And so are his nut-huggers. Just ask any Cowboys or Giants fan.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I'll explain it a third time: The market is whatever the buyer is willing to pay.
Again, the market is whatever BUYERS are willing to pay.

There was no deadline on getting rid of him.

"As I have said 100x, I'm an advocate of winning...that's why I'm criticizing the team for trading players who were impediments to building a winning, team-first culture!"

Bennet wanted new paper. But was under the last year of his contract - basically on a one-year deal. And would have to play for a new contract next year (even with a new team) - just like half the D last year. Alshon has refused to accept the deal the Bears have offered as well and is basically on a one-year deal as well.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Again, the market is whatever BUYERS are willing to pay.

Who were these mysterious other "buyers" you keep referring to? Name the teams.

Bennet wanted new paper. But was under the last year of his contract - basically on a one-year deal. And would have to play for a new contract next year (even with a new team) - just like half the D last year.

Assumption already debunked.

Alshon has refused to accept the deal the Bears have offered as well and is basically on a one-year deal as well.

Alshon Jeffery is not Martellus Bennett. Apparently this is news to you.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
There was no deadline on getting rid of him...

Another unfounded assumption: That if the Bears had waited longer they'd have gotten more for him. There is no reason to believe this is the case.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Another unfounded assumption: That if the Bears had waited longer they'd have gotten more for him. There is no reason to believe this is the case.

Sure, it's an educated gamble.

But the downside risk is he has to play for a new contract.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol. 33 pages.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I do wish i could brag about my rich neighbors on the internet

-- tapatalkin'!

Delicious!!! Silicon Valley, Silicon Valley, Silicon Valley!!!!!!

The Joffrey-tard posting menu, all-inclusive:

1. Dear Diary threads
2. i miss my Moms, wahhhh, I'm the only poster to lose a parent
3. stalking me
4. 4-word whimsical posts that are unintelligible
5. the joffrey Special: bullying the newbies, the mentally infirm, and the weak when they start a new thread (with gems such as "do you like to smell your own poo?")

MODS - post #588, call-out, on behalf of all football fans please perma-ban this POS

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I love how angry i make you. Maybe i will stalk your rich neighbors. Make sure you let us know the next time they invite you over for a bbq

-- tapatalkin'!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cool. We're rebuilding. Let's say I agree with that.

If we're rebuildnig, wouldn't getting the most out of our rostered talent in trades be a smart move?

We give up Forte, Marshall, and Bennett, all pro bowl caliber players, along with a 6th and 7th round draft pick. We get back a 4th and a 5th round pick. Yeah, that is really intelligent trading, right?

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
We give up Forte, Marshall, and Bennett, all pro bowl caliber players, along with a 6th and 7th round draft pick. We get back a 4th and a 5th round pick. Yeah, that is really intelligent trading, right?

#idontunderstandhowmarketswork

RacerX

Liked Posts:
I love how angry i make you. Maybe i will stalk your rich neighbors. Make sure you let us know the next time they invite you over for a bbq

-- tapatalkin'!

Cool story. I will toast you and your Moms later today at Zuckerberg's backyard bbq.

RacerX

Liked Posts:

Would you prefer the bargain we received with Rick Mirer? How about the 2nd for Gaines Adams?

Those were horrific trades. What Pace is doing now is part of his plan, he deserves a chance to sink or swim.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Cool story. I will toast you and your Moms later today at Zuckerberg's backyard bbq.

Make sure you also wish death on me again and then go whine to the mods (again)

-- tapatalkin'!

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Hey, shit-for-brains, who asked your full-Special person ass? Remember the last CCS poll? That's right, you were voted dumbest MFer among the throngs of stupid here. That's you, never forget.

I was reconnecting with the jealous momma-lover and awaiting his/her whimsical retorts, butt out.

Let the butt hurt flow.....you do realize that you sound like a crybaby little girl again. Keep up the good posting and sounding like the biggest idiot as usual

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

There may not be a bus short enough for you.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
I wish nothing but misery upon you, primarily because you are an angry attention-whore and you are fatally boring. The thought of you living like Guano, in some undersized apartment with a view of an alleyway, clipping coupons, it warms my heart. Maybe you would be less envious of you had reallocated the time spent in on your 30k posts toward gainful employment. Maybe you should have pursued an education and you would not covet what others have worked much harder than you to achieve. Scribble that into your dear diary, sandwiched between whimsical entries about your Moms.

Status
Not open for further replies.